Sign in to follow this  
haldir

New cav owner

Hey guys just curious when you guys place your minis onto teh hex bases, do you stick in  the middle or do you line them up with sides (say the back)??

Just curious

thanks, good lookin minis, gonna have to pick up more!!

Randy M

I try to make sure the model looks central to the base so some get positioned closer to the front or back to try and achieve this. Basically it depends on how much of the CAV's body overhangs it's own small base and whether it is leaning forwards or backwards.

I tend to place mine closer to the front, because I glue small nails to the rear of the hex base to hold my bead slash section markers.

I tend to place mine closer to the front, because I glue small nails to the rear of the hex base to hold my bead slash section markers.

I do like the idea of the nail and beads, bt what you you do for hexless figs like the Scorpion?

Later,

Mark A. Siefert

You can mount the Scorpion and Spider on hex bases, but it takes a little work and I can't comment on how it looks.

It looks really bad.  See my previous post.

Actually, I finally got ahold of some Reaper hex bases.  At first I noticed that the leg made the figure too high to sit on the base.  However, buy gluing a nickel between the fig and the base, I covers the gap nicely.  Now I just glue a nail in one of the rear corners and we're all set.

All in all, it looks pretty good.

You can mount the Scorpion and Spider on hex bases, but it takes a little work and I can't comment on how it looks.

I do.  And, it looks great!

<You see, I prefere all of my miniatures based.  It's an aesthetics thing...>

Here's what you need:

1 Reaper Hex Base.  The Scorpion doesn't come with one...  But, my Spider did... So, you may have to purchase one seperately.  Check your blister first.

1 small Plastic Base.  This can be of the round GW variety.  Or, it could be of the hex Heavy Gear/ Gropos kind.  I prefere the hex from Heavy Gear as it fills the Reaper base nicely.

Glue the smaller base into the Reaper base.  This will produce a slight elevated area where you can pin and glue the Scorpion/ Spider.

Here's kind of what it looks like when you're done:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Enjoy!