Minis We'd like to see

Ide love to see miniatures of guitar players, bass players, singers, drummers for various types of music(80s metal, punk, country, reggae, etc); but I doubt they'd be made as they dont have any relevence towards Warlord of Dark Haven.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on making miniatures of my own band. We're not any well known though so I'd doubt anyone would want to buy them :poke:. My current problem is making portraits in 28 mm scale

I believe Macfarlanes toys make "minis" (120 mm or so) of Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper and Kiss among others?

I'm working on making miniatures of my own band. We're not any well known though so I'd doubt anyone would want to buy them :poke:. My current problem is making portraits in 28 mm scale

I believe Macfarlanes toys make "minis" (120 mm or so) of Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper and Kiss among others?

I know McFarlane makes toys of real bands, as I have the Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie ones. But I was talking more 'generic' bands, so I can just make interesting dioramas, etc. If you mixed and match country and rock band mates together, you could make Lynyrd Skynyrd :P

I think I've made this comment before, but I'd really like to see more examples of different fantasy archetypes of every race and both genders. For example, there have been lots of elven fighter/cleric/paladin/ranger types and elven magic-user types, but how about druids or barbarians? There's a severe shortage of gnomes. I could use more and more varied halflings, too.

Another request: I'd really like to see more differentiation between halflings and gnomes in Reaper's figures. I was comparing my halfling and gnome minis the other day and you can hardly tell which is which except by the bare feet on the halflings. Perhaps the conceptual artists and sculptors could come up with a style aesthetic that would make them easier to tell apart.

It would also be nice for there to be a bit more scale variation between the halflings and gnomes. And I'd like to see the halflings be smaller. Since Reaper's figure scale keeps getting bigger, halflings have become nearly as big as dwarves used to be, and now dwarves are nearly as big as humans! I know that's partly due to individual variations between sculptors, but it would be nice for those of us who use minis to represent our RPG characters to be able to have something close to a standardized scale.

I'll stop being so demanding now. ^_^

I'll stop being so demanding now. ^_^

Oh, please don't. Outside of the Exalted figures, Reaper's fantasy stuff is very stereotypical traditional fantasy. Look another elf with a bow. The fantasy figure finder cannot find a single elven monk despite the fact that in D&D it's a legal combo that I tend to play ... but no figure for me.

Secondly, the little people. I find that a lot of people do gnomes that end up looking like happy dwarves ... short with beards and a bit overweight. Despite elves and humans being similar height you can often tell one from the other by build or attire. And culturally is how the little people should be determined. So you should be able to see a small figure and based on build and attire you know it's a dwarf/gnome/halfling. Also, since I don't play in Middle Earth and I playing halflings NOT hobbits I'd like some sensible footware for them. Only in a fantasy game would big hairy feet be considered cool.

Iain.

PS: If DHL sells to D&D players then look at what you are missing from the PHB or settings that would fill gaps and appeal to those buyers.