Minis We'd like to see

Ask and ye shall receive. I just checked the greens: and there is the Crypt of the Vampiress with a figure about 75% ready to be converted to a Nike of Samothrace. All she needs is to have wing-stubs instead of arms, a lost head and a wee bit of a robe/gown draping around her hips and legs. Maybe I can make something of this one that works....

I still see no Neptune fountain and no Zeus seated on his throne, and no David.

Keep it Reaper.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talin, ever think about applying your artistic abilities to Kobolds?

Since you were talking about first level characters these are tha bane of all level 1 PCs.

And sometimes when they become critters that follow the party around because their chief was killed by the wizard and his might bolts of light. They remain the bane of parties.

Guard: Nope sorry can't let you in. There seems to be a pack of vermin following you.

Wizard: They'll stay outside.

Guard: Nope they'e going with you I suggest (pointing) that-a-way

Talin, ever think about applying your artistic abilities to Kobolds?

Since you were talking about first level characters these are tha bane of all level 1 PCs.

:devil:

YES! Kobolds ROCK! A new set with nice new sculpts would DEFINITELY be most welcome! ::):

Tommy. ^_^

Even better, MEEPO!

The iconic kobold from The Sunless Citadel! One of the most popular NPCs! One of the runner-ups in wizards.com's Fan Favorite Monster competiton! You just HAVE to make a mini of him!

• Reaper User

Well, Ron officially loathes my designs for kobolds... Maybe It's just not my strong suit. :poke:

And, of course, you have at least two schools of thought on the whole kobold issue, since they're so radically different pre- and post-D&D3... Dogs, or lizards? Hmm. And, of course, my initial reaction is the Welsh "Koblyru," or "knockers."

As for half-dragons, consider putting wings on a Reptus, where his "prayer blades" normally slot in... Just a thought. After all, they are some sweet-looking minis.

Classical statuary is a bit more problematic, though. Aside from the steep cost of producing them (and relatively small sales prospects), size might be an issue. Michelangelo's David would be about 100mm tall, I believe. That would have to be a pricy bit of table dressing, I would think...

Talin, when I thought of the DAvid statue, I thought of something smaller- like maybe 35-40 mm and not true to scale. I realize statuary is the sort of thing that isn't likely to sell much, so it occurs to me that some of it can double up as lords and ladies in repose or a state of inaction. Most heroic minis need an active pose, but not a towns person.

Please see what might be managed.

And if Reaper prefers not to make some nice statuary, let's hope some resin casting outfit patrols these boards and catches a hint.

Mr. Adcock suggested a dwarven bard with a tankard and drumstick and hanging drum: I say hooray. But I also say Please make the drum stick such that I can reshape it into a turkey leg (find your own pun).

Also, Reaper: a compliment on the Noreth Skyblade figure: he's left handed and well dressed.