Minis We'd like to see

I think it would be cool to release some sort of generic blister. It could have a couple of bodies and legs, 4 or 5 heads, and a half dozen things for them to hold onto. You could do this for various genders and races. This would be cool because then people could make their own specific miniatures instead of having to pick from completely pre-made versions. also this would serve to help please all those "wierd" rpg-ers out there who want thing like gnomish barbarians with flintlocks. it would also be nice because you could get different poses and equipment of the same character.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All right, I feel have to throw one in this thread... Banners. Yes a blister with 4-8 banners would be very cool for some standard bearer conversions for Warlord (or anything else). As it is, finding an appropriate banner is difficult, as is making one. If there was a blister of them, I'd buy 2 or 3. Banners of different shapes and sizes would be great, and it would be best if they don't have any designs so they'll work for anything.

Arthurian minis.

I'd love to see Reaper's take on Lancelot, Arthur, Gueniviere, King Pellinore, Morgan Le Fey, Nimue (there are already lot of minis made by Reaper who could work for Merlin), Mordred, and The Questing Beast. I've yet to know of any mini company to actually make The Questing Beast.

I also think the banner blanks blister pack would be an excellent idea.

Arthurian-themed minis would rock. I would definitely part with some money for those.

Princess Bride-inspired ones would be awfully fun. They would be extremely popular amongst many of the mini buyers that I know.

This probably made it into a former "Minis You Would Like to See" thread, but just in case it hasn't: Someone in another thread suggested townsfolk of races other than human (halfling, kobold, elf, ...). I would love to see those.

With regard to the request for wagon wheels, let me add that we also need some good draft horses and mules. The GW horses for their LOTR line are about the right size, but I can't find them anymore, and they have saddles on. The Warhammer horses are just way too big (and have saddles mostly.

I'll also ask for more gnomes and other halflings. Skinny, fat, the whole gamut, and classes from bard to wizard. The good thing about some gnome figures I have on hand is that they double as halfling NPC's.

Please, not all haflings are furry footed and rotund.

Finally, I've looked at the various bits of decor and machinery available to dress up an inn or dungeon, and while some are good, I think Reaper can do a bit better:

Let's see some alchemy benches with retorts and assorted beakers, etc.,

A table covered in books and scrolls with wizard stuff around it,

And how about more odd bits of rubble in a dungeon, like a smashed book case, armoire and maybe some more boxes and chests.

I figure plain wooden tables and chairs are not needed, based on what I see already in the toy and gaming stores.

Additionally (although the warlord line might alleviate this)

Mounted heroes of both sexes and mixed classes. The warrior isn't the only person that rides a horse; I have played with a mean Mongolian-style halfling archer.

Yes! Yes!

More mounted minis--especially if they can be interchangable!

All right, I feel have to throw one in this thread... Banners. Yes a blister with 4-8 banners would be very cool for some standard bearer conversions for Warlord (or anything else). As it is, finding an appropriate banner is difficult, as is making one. If there was a blister of them, I'd buy 2 or 3. Banners of different shapes and sizes would be great, and it would be best if they don't have any designs so they'll work for anything.

I like the banner idea, but would also suggest decals or something. I have the basic Templar standar bearer for my army,, but there is no way I could replicate the crusader symbol. A decal would work great!

Lots of great ideas, I love that reaper has threads like these and listens to them.

How about having box sets specific to each Warlord faction? Originally I though mostly dragons, but if a dragon wouldn't fit, you could do giants, or whatever else. They would be the hulk of each army.

The real question would be WHAT KIND of Arthurian minis? I'd predicably prefer minis based on Romano-britons, rather than MORE plate armored guys (been done).

I think the GW unarmored (bretonnian) plastic horse would already work well for a draft animal; most draft horses were larger than either riding horses or war horses (and it's just wearing a blanket).

Damon.

This may have been mentioned already (I can't remember reading about these specifically, or having seen them in the Reaper store) but non-dire savanna animals would be nice to see. Giraffes, wildebeasts, Cape buffalo, hyaena, bull elephants, baboons, hippopotami, Nile crocodiles, maybe a jackal or a vulture.

I'd say Lions, but I'm pretty sure they're easy to find.

~J

We have lions.

I thought so, just couldn't remember.

I second the decal idea. Faction decals for Warlord come to mind, but LOTFR and DH decals might work. too. I can find all sorts of decals for other games, but just a generic set of non-specific fantasy decals would be awesome.

~J

I think character minis from well known RPG computer games would be quite popular. Such as the characters from baldur's gate - that would be awesome. Well their actual names couldn't be used of corse but some minis that exactly resemble the characters like Minsc, Imoen, Jahera etc... I would do just about anything for minis from this game and ive noticed that it has already been done with a chararcter from warcraft 3 (arthas) - being sold as; Ulern, anti paladin.

anyone thinking likewise???