Minis We'd like to see

more underdark denizens. i think some more bathalians/mindflayers would go well especially with more fine and intricate gear. different types of beholders like maybe some small floating eyeballs and ones that could be used as familliars. and we need more evil drow types with insanely sinister looking weapons.

and just one more idea - a sfirfneblin (deep gnome) with axehead and hammerhead instead of hands, i wonder if reaper could use the name 'svirfneblin' like they did with 'derro' and 'duergar'.

cheers, from mike.

I think if they were to copy that exact gnome from RA Salvatores book (cannot remember that gnomes name atm), they would probably need Salvatore's permission otherwise it would be some kind of intellectual copyright infringement.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and just one more idea - a sfirfneblin (deep gnome) with axehead and hammerhead instead of hands, i wonder if reaper could use the name 'svirfneblin' like they did with 'derro' and 'duergar'.

cheers, from mike.

Duergar and svirfneblin are from Norse and Scandinavian mythology. Drow is actually Scottish myth. They are all fair game to be used. One could even make a character similar to fictional characters. The problem is when you want to call said character by the "protected" name.

I'd like to see a svirfneblin pack and leaders. Not so much on novel characters though.

Iain.

How about some scenery: A pile of skulls (which I can build myself from parts, but would prefer not to) and an impaled or crucified human/humanoid/ orc type victim (which I'm pretty sure I can't make myself). Could you Include two different victims to switch out on the skull pile?

If it could be cast as one piece, and you could do a couple figures, then it would be good to include only one figure in the blister. Not eveyone needs an impaled human and a crucified orc. Some of us would certainly buy both, however....

Giants! Not like the old puny Partha and Grenadier giants that look like slightly beefier humans. No I mean REAL Giants like Revens Hill Giant. Pick that bad boy up after putting him together, now thats some weight! Its like the other companys were afraid to make something that big! Re invent the wheel, there were so many minis that the older companys made that would have been great if they actually had some real talent working for them. Ide love to see a very Nasty(Dare I say "Beholder") Eye tyrant. Some revamped old school D&D monsters would be awfully nice for some of us old timers

Personally, I'd like to see something along the lines of a Fey'Ri (half demon/elf) from the D and D monster manuals. Especially a female one.

Have any of you seen Wen-M's gallery on Deviant Art.com? That guy would make an awesome mini designer *hint hint* ::D:

• Reaper User
Personally, I'd like to see something along the lines of a Fey'Ri (half demon/elf) from the D and D monster manuals. Especially a female one.

Have any of you seen Wen-M's gallery on Deviant Art.com? That guy would make an awesome mini designer *hint hint* ::D:

Wen's art is awesome -- but his designs lean much more toward videogame characters than minis. A lot of the detail that makes his characters look so amazing just won't translate to 30mm scale.

But I'd love to see some 12" resin kits of his work. Awwwwwww, yeaaaaah.... ::D:

No. But I'd love to. Any link?

Mabe some diorama packs similar to the tunderbolt mountain stuff would be cool. or even some lage bases with a themed texturing such as 'cavern with stalagmites' or 'mountainside glacier'.

i recon stuff like that would go realy well, whats everyone elses opinion?

Mabe some diorama packs similar to the tunderbolt mountain stuff would be cool. or even some large bases with a themed texturing such as 'cavern with stalagmites' or 'mountainside glacier'.

i recon stuff like that would go realy well, whats everyone elses opinion?

Wen's art is awesome -- but his designs lean much more toward videogame characters than minis. A lot of the detail that makes his characters look so amazing just won't translate to 30mm scale.

Ya, because it's not like you have to model videogame characters like you have to sculpt minis. You can fake details with skins like you can fake details with freehand. Most minis produced by Reaper are more detailed than most 3D computer models in games. Rackham, Corvus Belli and Wyrd seem to do a good job at translating the videogame/anime art into miniatures. I don't think lack of talent at Reaper is a problem either.

Pour Bodhi: Art of Wen-M.

My new wishlist in light of the end of Rokugan minis:

Geisha: 2 standing, 1 sitting playing shamisen

Ninja: 3 in various sneaking poses with various weapons

Ashigaru: 3 soldiers conical hats with spears/swords/bows

Villagers/Farmers: Peasants in town

Iain.