Minis We'd like to see

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much what I've been asking for the last year or so....town drunks, a tavern brawl boxed set, and non-human strumpets (elven and half-orc)

Old Glory Miniatures has some pitates, but the scale is too small and the quality is not as good as Reaper.

A long time ago, Ral Partha had a set of 3 slave girls and a slave trader. I'm positive that Reaper could totally blow that away. Maybe you could have a set that contains a haughty slave trader holding a chain whip or a club, and a few skinny, underfed male and female slaves with manacles and shredded rags. Emancipation campaign, ahoy!

Mojo

More artisans/craftspeople/working folk in general. Maybe like a milkmaid with a stool, someone sitting at a spinning wheel, someone sewing or making boots...that kind of thing. I'd love to have some tavern patron minis (drunken brawlers or otherwise).

What about a fortune teller

and some pirates,

I also like the mayor Idea

and maybe some pirates,

I need some guilds people, ie tanners or printers maybe a cobbler, I also second the troope of actors, or how about some musicians, a few musicians of varing races that could double as worlord troop musicians (ie a dwarf playiing a bagpipe)

And if ya get around to it, some pirates

Except for Reaper Bryan's one comment, I have to second all the above suggestions for minis. Tavern patrons are always needed. I get a lot of use out of the bartender with mug and towel (2583) and the two serving gals. We do need some drunks, and a couple sturdy tables in the blister-- just mold the patrons in their chair or stool or bench -no need for action poses even.

Bryan,

Boren the ratcatcher can be very heroic. I have a player in my game who uses the figure. I did a conversion on it: replaced his stick with a nice reaper battleaxe, reshaped the cat-like beast into a bobtail cat (a bobcat, you southerners call 'em), and a woodsy paint job since the player thinks hes a druid.

And Please, back on topic, Let's have the patrons and townsfolk of a couple different races. A scroungy half-elf, a rustic dwarf vendor of 'darkling-meat' (with little vendor stand) and last but not least, a gnome pushing a wheelbarrow with all his worldly possessions.

Yeah, I know that other people sell bar tables and chairs, and the only reason I haven't started my own company to build/sell them is because I know that reaper would do a better job.

If you do not plan on EVER making these things, let me know and I will start (eventually) getting to work.

.......Those kids keep you busy.

And I would like some pirates in port.

Maybe a musician standing on a corner with his lute case open looking for tips.

And I know there are familiars of dogs/cats/ rats/chickens but those would be nice to have running around town

Had a thought as to a rather specific mini I wanted that would never fly, but it gave me an idea for one that others might find interesting. In the sculpting blanks, there are a variety of options, but there are none that are basically finished minis, but without clothes or hair. No, I'm not talking about anatomically correct, but I think it would be great if we could have a properly proportioned mini (sans anatomically correct reproductive related bits) with a finished face and hands so I could just dress him and/or her in the appropriate clothes. Kind of like a 'My First Sculpt' kit. Anyone else think this sounds fun?

I think it would be great if we could have a properly proportioned mini (sans anatomically correct reproductive related bits) with a finished face and hands so I could just dress him and/or her in the appropriate clothes.

That's such a great idea cutebutpsyco, and it would get many more people into sculpting too. The possibilities of these type of "dollies" would be eldless - people would be more inclined to making their own d&d characters ecactly how they wanted. I could finally make a female bard with a spice girls hair style.

Anyways, this idea definately has my vote - i'd be buying them in a heart beat.

A couple of adventurers in bed rolls. Packs under their head. Armor and weapons piled beside them or at their head.

One has to be cuddling their sword or axe, because there's always someone in the party that claims "I sleep with my axe at hand, always. It never leaves my side"

Another sitting up, like their back is to a tree or rock.

A fire.

A couple horses that are hobbled.

Easy way to keep track of the people in your party sleeping when the monsters roll better on Move Silently and Hide than the dumb fighter rolls on his Listen and Spot.

It would also be great for diorama purposes.

Even make it one of the small box sets with a random monster included.

Call it "A good night's sleep?"

Had a thought as to a rather specific mini I wanted that would never fly, but it gave me an idea for one that others might find interesting. In the sculpting blanks, there are a variety of options, but there are none that are basically finished minis, but without clothes or hair. No, I'm not talking about anatomically correct, but I think it would be great if we could have a properly proportioned mini (sans anatomically correct reproductive related bits) with a finished face and hands so I could just dress him and/or her in the appropriate clothes. Kind of like a 'My First Sculpt' kit. Anyone else think this sounds fun?

Bronze Age Miniatures already does this, so I'm not sure how large of a market there would be for Reaper to tap into.

All in all, it would be good to have more options of this sort, especially with sculpts made by some of the talented people that Reaper gets (Garrity, Ridolfi, Jackson, Klocke, Guthrie, etc).