lstormhammer

The tale of The Five

Still driven by his wild rage, the punch to his head only spurs Oskarr on. The dwarven barbarian watches as Rul passes the overturned table wielding his sap. The young berserker, blood lust in his eyes, spins away from the table and runs around it following his kin into the melee.

Once Oskarr gets himself around the table, he furiously attacks the big human with his twin curved daggers. Once engaged with his foe, the crazed berserker focuses his attacks on the large man's lower body, hoping to cut vital muscles or tendons in his legs.

Hermstring 'em Oskie, he's nit werth a killin'...

Roderick staggers backwards from the upended table and falls seated to the floor amidst the crockery and spilled drinks. On the floor, he continues to scramble backwards away from the fray.

Half finished thoughts began to race through his head:

What the hell is going on how could this have happened so quiet and peaceful suddenly just exploded what's wrong with that dwarf he's crazy going to kill someone don't let him kill anyone they were rude and thrashed but not dead...

Roderick looked around the tavern bewildered and confused not really sure what he should be doing other than keeping away from the ensuing melee.

Where are the damn constables?

Hi, all. Sorry about no posting on Friday, I was a baudy little monkey...

--begin--

Oskarr's blades bite deep into the brigand's flesh, a yelp of pain his reward for his efforts. The Human's leg opens up badly, forcing the Human to grasp at the wounded leg, his own knife clattering to the floor.

Piggy turns his attentions to the berserker Dwarf, his own knife striking out and kissing Oskarr's scalp, blood begins to drip into Oskaar's eyes, the world tinged in sticky red, the coppery taste touching his tongue.

Rul's second strike upon his foe has done him in. A solidly placed slam with the weighted sap abruptly takes his enemy to the land of dreams.

The music ended, Essieu's flying crockery hits with remarkable accuracy, if not enough speed to do real harm. His victim is none other than Piggy himself, he turns and with glaring eyes and clenched teeth, utters “You're next, halfling.” A flying chair misses the Hin by scant inches, flying debris just scratching Essieu's clothes and skin.

Roderick seems the only sane one left, scooting clear of the fracas, he is the first to hear the heavy boots thumping determinedly into the room. A booming voice cuts through the activities. “HALT IN THE NAME OF THE CROWN!” A tall man in a heavy breastplate, the cudgel of office in his heavy hand, a walrus-like mustache that would make any Dwarf proud, his head shorn and shining in the light. The constable has arrived, and his dark brows are knotted together. “Fighting at this hour?!? Don't you have fields to be tending?” he says, his voice like a greatfather admonishing his children's children.

It would seem that Apple has need for only one constable, and among drunken peasants and farmers, one is enough.

--

Aulustrianna the Druid's aggressors have left her at the forest's edge, her sharp elven senses can pick out the red of their sashes for a few moments before the forest dwelling ne'er-do-wells slip deeper into the woods. She is safe, for the moment. And her wolf knows the Old Ways, he will never be seen by them until he wishes it so.

Indeed, the Druid sees the innkeep rushing out in a fluster, waving and pointing. A great, tall Man with shaved head and giant mustache pulls his cudgel from his belt, and strides into the Inn, the sound of cracking woodwork heralding his presence. A fight is happening in the Inn, and the Elf's sharp ears pick out threads of Dwarven being bandied about in the fracas...

--End--

--LSH

Aulustrianna pauses a moment as she comes to stand before the tavern. Where she is at this moment, she's safe. If she enters into the tavern she knows anything could happen. From where she stands she can hear the dwarves hurling insults at others inside. She ponders this one a moment silently to herself, "Angry Dwarves. The only time I've seen angry dwarves is when they've either been wronged, insulted, or just plain drunk. Obad Hai only knows which case this is."

For a moment longer she stands there, she listens to more wood cracking. Something in the back of her mind tells her that her healing skills might be needed. It's what finally draws her to climb the one step into the Tavern. She stands at the doorway, emerald orbs taking in the scene before her. Red sashes. She sees the red sashes, and she begins to wonder if they cause trouble everyplace they go. She ducks a moment as a piece of wood goes flying by...

At this point no one has noticed her standing there yet, but she is sure that won't last for long. With flaming red hair she is usually noticed fairly quickly.

Essieu approaches the constable, and bows low. "My lord, you have my apologies for the disturbance. The men in the red sashes came in, insulted the patrons and the barkeep, and impugned the honor of the Dwarf here. When they had given the Dwarf more than he could endure, they were more than ready to show steel and destroy property. I suggest to your judgement that the fault is theirs, and that what funds may be found on them go towards repairing the damage to this fine establishment.

[OOC - diplomacy check]

Essieu straightens up and sees the woman in the doorway. Despite himself, he plays a few chords of incidental music for her entrance.

Rul adopts a defensive posture as the constable issues his commands. Unsure of what the brigands might do, he's not willing to chance it. Still wondering why in the world he should be tending a field, he gives the fallen one a little nudge with his foot to make sure he'll be down at least for a little bit.

(OOC if another round of combat happens Rul will be fighting defensively)

Noticing the red headed new arrival, Rul nods with a little smile and a wink in her direction.

"HALT IN THE NAME OF THE CROWN!”

Between the deep cut on his shaven scalp and the bellowing command of the large Man of the Peace, Oskarr's rage slowly subsides. Lowering his oversized daggers slightly, the young dwarven berserker growls, but reluctantly stands down as ordered by the apparent sheriff of the township. However, the winded barabrian keeps his good eye on the thug leader while also trying to staunch the steady flow of blood from his fresh head wound with the back of his hand.

Oskarr nods to Rul in silent appreciation, but before he can speak the bard begins.

"My lord, you have my apologies for the disturbance. The men in the red sashes came in, insulted the patrons and the barkeep, and impugned the honor of the Dwarf here. When they had given the Dwarf more than he could endure, they were more than ready to show steel and destroy property. I suggest to your judgement that the fault is theirs, and that what funds may be found on them go towards repairing the damage to this fine establishment."

"Aye, wert tha' singin' Haffer sad 'bees true! Thees' boys were a' erskin' fer it, n' wee gavers ter 'em, blersted, rackin' frackin' (mumble, mumble)..."

Oskarr turns back to the rogue leader as he finishes his sentence and growls at him once more to make his point.

Roderick stops dead still and doesn't say a peep, doesn't stand up, doesn't move.

[OOC] Roderick's folks have conditioned him pretty well to respect and listen to the constable immediately.[\OOC]

Oh damnOhdamnOhdamn. Don't get in trouble. Don't get in trouble. Don't get in trouble.

Roderick's eyes dart about the barroom, his lines of sight obstructed by the upturned furniture, trying to see what is happening now. Given the order of the Constable, he is too scared to even turn his head to get a better view of the entire room.

[OOC] Spot check to see what I can actually see from this limited vantage point. If I can actually see Aulustrianna, is she someone Roderick either knows, or has heard of - Knowledge (Local) check? If combat continues, Roderick will continue to scramble backwards towards the sound of the Constable's voice and regain his feet.[\OOC]

At being noticed by the bard, the druid nods to him politely. She catches Rul's glance and merely gives him a nod. She looks over at the others who seem to have put down their weapons at this point, analyzing the situation to see who is hurt and if her services as a healer are required. She does take note that the Red Sashes seem to be worse for the wear than the Dwarves or anyone else. It's a mental note she keeps in the back of her head for the moment, for someone who can inflict more damage than they receive, is truly what she needs at this point.

Hi, all.

Here's the posting, only about an hour late. Mmm, homemade fried chicken...

--begin--

With the booming voice of the Constable, the fight has come to an immediate halt. His weathered features look over each of the participants, his gaze brooking no argument from anyone.

The Hin's words ring true to the Constable, but even Piggy calls out. “Hey now! That's not fair, is it! We were sitting here, minding our own business when short and stumpy here attacked us. If you didn't arrive, Ser, we would be in worse shame. Look at Johan's leg!” And indeed, Johan holds his leg tightly, his teeth set tight to ward off the pain. “If anything,” Piggy says, “You should be holding these Dwarves for attackin' us! Look wha' happened to Caleb!”

Sadly for Oskarr, the battle strength that was once his to command has left his blood. Bones like stone make his motions clumsy and akward, stumbling as though thick with drink. His growl at the brigands comes off more as a tired old bear than a powerful lion.

Roderick, still as a hunted hare can see the thick armored form of the Constable and a smaller shape behind him at the door. But the battle is over, and he can begin to relax... until his Da realizes where he's been, and what happened here...

The Druid's sharp green eyes see that the most injured one in the room is Johan and his leg. The unconscious form of Caleb hidden behind the thick wooden table. Her eyes go wide a moment as she sees the same red sashes on the Men behind that table as are worn by the Men currently destroying her forest!

The Constable wiggles his mustache a moment, then comes to a decision. “Right, then. Wryn. Get Johan to the apothecary and looked at, and I don' want to see you around here for a while.” Piggy Wryn nods and helps his friend limping to the door. In the struggle to help Johan, Wryn glares dangerously at the two Dwarves, a soft spitting sound from his lips as he murmurs to the pair of them. “Wir werden nicht getan. Sie bluten für diese Beleidigung “

But further comments are cut off by the Constable's loud barked order for Wryn and his associate to leave. “Wha' about Caleb!” the Constable replies “Leave'm for now, he's probably thick with drink, anyways...”

Wryn nods humbly to the Constable and drag-carries his friend out the door, expecting no help, and refusing any aid offered.

“Now then...” the Constables says to those remaining in the Inn. “We've come to enjoy our peace and quiet here in Apple, and we intend to keep it. So keep up these shennanigans, and I'll lock you up proper. Drink your drinks, mind your peace, and we'll get along fine.” he turns to the door, nodding to the Elf and letting the Innkeep finally enter his establishment once again. He pauses, turning and a final glower goes directly to Roderick. “And boy, tell yer Da I said hello.”

--End--

Combat's over, there's one brigand unconscious, the others have left, the Innkeep's back, and you can feel free to RP for a moment or two...

--LSH

Aulustrianna steps to the side as the two leave as does the constable. The fighting over, she feels safe to venture inside.

Her eyes falling on the unconscious brigand she sighs. She looks over at the others who look relatively alright except for a dwarf with a bleeding head. She looks to the conscious ones standing around, "So dare I ask what exactly happened here?" She speaks in common so everyone understands her.

Waiting for a response she treads over on her feet lightly to where the unconscious one lays. She looks down at him to survey his wounds, trying to guage if it is worth trying to cure his minor wounds or if he is to far gone at this point. Part of her wants to leave this red sashed person to die, yet all her training and her good heart seem to win out. Kneeling down she places her hands on the man, and utters in a very soft fluid Draconic:

Бог oh большой пожалуйста посылает вперед силу излечить раны этого человека небольшие для того чтобы делать его хороше снова.

Lifting her hands from him, the spell cast she looks to the dwarf who is bleeding and she gives a nod of her head, quirking a finger at him, "Come forward Sir, you need some healing too." She also looks to the innkeeper, and motioning to the man she just cast a minor healing spell on, she says, "He will need to get to the apothecary, as I can only do so much. He has deeper wounds I cannot cure."

Roderick, still as a hunted hare can see the thick armored form of the Constable and a smaller shape behind him at the door. But the battle is over, and he can begin to relax... until his Da realizes where he's been, and what happened here...

[sNIP]

He pauses, turning and a final glower goes directly to Roderick. “And boy, tell yer Da I said hello.”

"YessirbutIdidn'tdoan..y...th..."

The protest dies on Roderick's lips as he looks down and sighs deeply in resignation that he's about hip deep in the fertilizer when he gets home.

He picks himself up off the ground and brushes the shards of broken pottery from his clothing and straightens out his tunic and vest with a quick tug.

"I'm certainly glad that's over. Master Rul, are you okay? What about your kinsman? That cut looks pretty bad, but scalps wounds are always far worse than they look. If you'd like, I can clean and dress that for you sir."

"What did Mr. Wryn say when he left, 'We are warden night get in. See blood for geese Billy gong' What the heck does that mean?"

[OOC] Since I don't speak what I am presuming is German, I honestly have no clue so that part is easy to RP ^_^ [\OOC]

"Ugh, I am a mess," Roderick exclaims and shakes some of the ale off his cuffs with a downward motion of his arm. "I'm going to need to to get out of thi... " Roderick's attention is completely lost when he notices the striking elven woman standing at the entrance. A faint blush creeps up his cheeks.

Frustration and fatigue have taken their toll on poor Oskarr. He grumbles a bit at the Sheriff's scolding of the group, but offers no response to the big human peacekeeper.

Blersted thugs...

The dwarven barbarian, his vision hazed by his own blood, watches as the elven druid approaches and begins using her limited healing magics to seal the gash on his scalp.

Elfies o' tha forrest? A sorcerer perheps? Don' likes tha majiks... So tired, need ter rest, then head back up therm mountains... She comin' this'er way! Stand still Oskie er' she'll tern ye in ters a toadie!

"Come forward Sir, you need some healing too."

Oskarr, nods as the elf speaks. Her thick accent some how soothing, he steps forward and accepts her healing spell with only a hint of apprehension in his advance.

"Thanks ye kind healer, en who might ye be? No' seen yers 'round these here parts a'fore..."

Oskarr then turns to Rul, "<dwarf> En' thanks ta yers too me dwarven brother, wheres do ye hail from? Ye traveling with this lad an' 'ere? (glances at Rodrick) </dwarf>"

"I'm certainly glad that's over. Master Rul, are you okay? What about your kinsman? That cut looks pretty bad, but scalps wounds are always far worse than they look. If you'd like, I can clean and dress that for you sir"

The tattooed dwarf steps forward and extends his thick stubby forearm in greeting first to Rul, then Rodrick. Thas' mighty fine o' yers ta offer boy, but tha elf's got me fit n' ready ta goes... "Names Oskarr Stonebreaker."

"This calls fer a drink 'er five boys!", Oskarr grumbles as he turns back to the tavern and the unattended bar, "put it on me tab Micky!"

Rul keeps his sap in hand and one eye on the brigand that the elf just healed.

"I'm certainly glad that's over. Master Rul, are you okay? What about your kinsman? That cut looks pretty bad, but scalps wounds are always far worse than they look. If you'd like, I can clean and dress that for you sir."

"What did Mr. Wryn say when he left, 'We are warden night get in. See blood for geese Billy gong' What the heck does that mean?"

"I'm fine , youngling, the Grobiane seem to be less skilled with ablade than they are with their mouths. As far as that little comment, he's just askin' for a hurtin'"

Rul sits back down in the seat he previously occupied still keeping an eye on the brigand.

Oskarr then turns to Rul, "<dwarf> En' thanks ta yers too me dwarven brother, wheres do ye hail from? Ye traveling with this lad an' 'ere? (glances at Rodrick) </dwarf>"

Rul turns to Oskarr,"Guten tag, I'm Rul Bauschlosser from Greyrock Pass. As to Roderick, I just met him, but he seems to be a decent fellow." He looks over and winks at the boy. "I'll certainly take you up on your offer of a drink, Freund Oskarr."

Rul looks back over to Roderick, winks at him again and smiles a big grin." Roll yer tongue back up, and have a seat, looks like you could use a real drink."

He looks over at the elf," Hallo reizende Dame, please join us. Danka for helping my friend dwarf here. I'm Rul Bauschlosser , and you might be?"

"And boldly did the Ruffians spit;

And then the ruffians the dwarfs did split;

And the ruffians the floor right quick did hit;

The constable came and made us quit;

The ruffians yet walking, up and split;

And threatened us with blood."

Essieu retunes his lute and somehow manages to make these verses into a thrash anthem.

"Pleased to meetcher all. 'm Essieu. What's next?"