Female Fiend (Warning: Contains Artistic Nudity)

Hendercrazy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very very nice.... your web page says that you are an illustrator.. what books are your illustratiuons in if I may ask?

I've done freelance concept art for Reaper and Mercenary Games (now defunct). I've also done artwork in comic books (Bean's Song [inked] and Johnny Raygun [pin-up]). I'm currently working on an album cover for a metal band and doing concepts for a new mini company.

I might as well wade into this controversy head on. Your somewhat original idea of having a decent space between the multiple collarbones that support the multiple arm segments (as well as having ehough room for multiple sets of breasts) is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise "let's see how many arms we can squeeze into the space" drawings. The humanoid/scorpion body to body interface is a little odd, but nothing to odd. The eye stalks comming out of the broken tail just wierds me out. (Especially since there are three different eye types used.) Nothing too silly like using a two handed sword with the mix. (Because a two handed sword really uses two hands and a torso and it's hard to have multiple one handed attacks when you are swinging your body with a weapon in two of the hands.) All in all it's very good.

Did I mention I'm wierded out by the eyes? :blink:

Yeah, I agree... it's pretty tough these days to make something exceptionally original. Glad it has brought a breath of fresh air to you though. :)

I think the functional/non-functional issues that many folks argue over with beasties (and their weaponary) is more of a personal preference than anything. Some like having the realistic element of believable and some would rather have the fantasy scenario overplayed. I generally try to stay somewhere in the middle when designing creatures.

The important part is that any kind of artists out there should just have fun creating and exercise their imaginations. :) ;)