Sign in to follow this  
Sivrel

New Hopes

Okay I've changed my mind. Just tell Talen and Chaz the Reptus need a big beastie of some sort and it has to look good with a Reptus warrior on-board.

maybe they're planning a Krungbeast with a Howdah!!!!

I'd like to see the major tournaments get away from the "750pts, two troops and no Warlord" thing. We're playing "Warlord" not "Unique Captain." :poke:

I'd also like to see the Balance of Power map allow for invasions and possibly have flexible borders. :ph34r:

Other than that, everything would be minor tweaking. :devil:

I'd like to see some Overlord flyers...maybe like a swarm of ravens or crows or something like that (maybe like that swarm of crows in LotR:TT). That and maybe some kind of like human bondslaves that have had Golem peices like grafted onto them (some sort of adept). That would be wicked! :B):

I'd like to see more about the ogres.

I think ogres are very cool and yet little is known about them.

I'd also like to see language primers for elven, dwarven, and praps even orcish. :blush:

Yes I want cuss words in orcish!

I'd like to see Darkspawn grunts whose sculpt doesn't make me want to invest in Games Workshop figures.

Sorry, but with the possible exception of the Paintenders, I can't stand any of the Darkspawn grunts that've been released so far. And they were my favorite faction, too.

I'd like to see Darkspawn grunts whose sculpt doesn't make me want to invest in Games Workshop figures.

Sorry, but with the possible exception of the Paintenders, I can't stand any of the Darkspawn grunts that've been released so far. And they were my favorite faction, too.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. :down:

I've been eyeing up the Darkspawn from Day 1, but the grunt models just dont' do much for me. Just too plain I think.

As for hopes, I would fall in love with the Darkspawn and never look back if their cavalry were Driders! Cmon, how cool would that be?!?

I'll third that, the Darkspawn background is extremly appealing to me, but their look is way too uninspired for me to invest in them. I'll stick with the Necropolis and Overlords for my dose of Evil.

I'd like to see more about the ogres.

I think ogres are very cool and yet little is known about them.

I'd also like to see language primers for elven, dwarven, and praps even orcish.      :blush:

Yes I want cuss words in orcish!

Ahem*

See My Sig. (No, they aren't cuss words, but the board won't let me have *those* in my sig)

On topic, I am hoping that with the army books, there will be fewer units that I would NEVER take. An example is the Woodcutters. Sure they're breakers and if you have breaking ot do, I suppose they're the way to go but look at them compared to the Bull Orc Fighters- 1 more MoV (but this is effectively negated by Bloodlust/2 which the Bulls have), 1 less MAV, 1 less DV and all for 1 more point.

I've played enough games now to know the value of Breakers and that value is not a point of MAV, a point of DV and a point of cost. If Beastmen were 20, I MAY consider fielding them.

The Necropolis book is a step in the right direction as prior to that, I would never think of using a solo that is not the Banshee. Now I cannot sleep at night weighing the benefits of Vandrian compared with several Banshees. I'm torn!

Yeah, I have to agree as well, I was dissapointed with the dark spawn grunts except for the pain tenders as well. Oh well, I am doing all the factions (except reven) so it is probable that I wont love every sculpt.

two things for sure:

Overlords: Black Legionares: aka crimson knights for the overlords (but with only 1 wound rank and fearless, breaker)

Reptus: a Dragon. even a small one will do. as long as it has blowthrough and 3 MA/1 RA. especially if it was more a chinese lizard iguana lord or a flying serpent of some kind.

better troops for the Reptus would be appreciated, all our gits have MAV 1 and average discipline. the overlords justr need a few beter heroes and a solid metal Warlord instead of that crossdresser Ashkrypt.

more lupines might be cool, esp. if they got a sub-faction.

Hmm... I'd like to see more leaders that can take elite models. When you are playing a 1,000pt battle it seems very hard to have more than 1 elite in the game, which means either a cleric or a wizard. Which means that all the other cool elites never get to see the light of day... Just seems odd to me. I'd also like to see more exceptional models. Ones that can do things that no one else in the game can do... Like the Hill Giant with his Swing Through, whatever that means!

I'd really like to see a list of cool, unique magical items. I really like seeing things in the game that are not necessarily powerful, but add variety and interest to army building. Right now the characters are pretty static, you can bump their stats but that gives them no extra abilities for the most part. Little things like a Potion of Jumping that allowed you to make a single 20" move, or a Cloak of Displacement which negated missile attacks at 10" or better. Etc. Etc...