Chattel

Chattel are 21 points each. Nagendra rangers are 32. The only difference in their stats is that the rangers have 1 higher MAV, 1 higher dis, and 1 higher move.

are you guys telling me 1 move and 1 mav is worth a 50% point jump in cost between a chattel and a ranger?

not to mention the fact that those chattel can be used to heal your beefy troops back up

some how that seems busted.

feel free to call me stupid if I am wrong about some detail of this.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mooseyjoe, I have also felt frustrated in the seemingly arbitrary assignment of points to models, but there always seems to be a good explanation. If I didn’t agree with the explanation, I would just deal with it or not play the model. After seeing the Necropolis faction explode three fold, I am sure Reptus will have many from which to choose. If you do not think a particular model is worth its point value, keep looking. Necropolis has 10 soldiers, 7 solos, and lots of leaders and elites now. I am sure that certain scenarios lend themselves to a particular SA.

Reaper, keep 'em coming.

de

You can't compare different troops unless you see how they work within their own faction .

Actually, you HAVE to compare them individually, because they can be fielded Freelance. What you have to consider within the faction is synergy with the Faction SAs.

Chattel are 21 points each. Nagendra rangers are 32. The only difference in their stats is that the rangers have 1 higher MAV, 1 higher dis, and 1 higher move.

I'm not challenging your experience with the game, but I'm curious how the numbers work out.

Lets be really really crude: 32-21=11. 11/3=3.7 (with rounding). Is +1 MAV worth 4 points? What about dis and move? What if they're worth two points each? Let's not forget Ranger, that seems like a quite powerful SA, and if all the other add-ons are only worth 2 points each, that still only leaves 5 points for a significant advantage in movement.

Damn I wish I was good at statistics......

they are chatell...maybe if you convince them you are their vamipre bu77-slave masters you can breed yuan ti into existence...who knows...

i know alot of models seem to have arbitrarty PV. but i see this.

an example from LOTR:

the Uruk hai are better than almost any other troop out there. huge strength, huge armor value, yet they are always the minority beign outnumbered. in the actual setting, the uruk hai were like flea infestations!

often PV is a measurement of game balance, however, actual availability might be different depending upon the resource climate of the warzone. for example, the ability to hammer one model to death is insignificant compared to the ability to xerox hundreds of uruk hai....

Reptus needs a 0 MAV good defense (9-10) low disc. troop that costs 10 pts., and they need to come in blisters of 5. frell yeah! and they need the Mob SA. for an undead horde army, the necro's are pretty nasty, and seeign how in the settign they sit on a well of death energy, it is so.

just wait until the overlords get deathknights, and their own undead list....

(what if one of the Reapers came back as a Warlord...?)

maybe the reeps want a different flavor. last game (DHA) was owned by the undead.

wait until faction book Reptus. we will own the world with our 750 pt. dragon warlord with defense 14, blowthrough, bloodlust 4, flier, and 4 MA.

**sombre shadows over gleaming eyes**

"one day, the dead will stay dead...and the living will build temples and great seals of reminder over their silent graves, saying "ruin and misery come to those who dance with death; learn the lesson, put aside the fascination with power, and live again."

"as a final insult, Panayak witll resore Judas to full life, with Elsabeth at his side, and allow them to live in a nice cottage in the country, free of their past memories, happily making and raising children who think Denelspire is grand and the elves are pretty..."

"Time and destiny will eventually stomp all abberaton to dust."

"it is the law of the world."

"it is so."

::):