Reaper Tattoos

hater dave

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tattoos being job killers depend on where you get them. Mine are fairly personal, so they're all nicely hidden by even a short-sleeved shirt.

I could be comfortable with an appropriately sized Athak. That was the mini that got me started, and it would have the chance to look somewhat dignified. Um, that wouldn't be an improper use of copyright, though, would it? :rock:

That's why I asked her to do it just linework, no shading or colors (except red for blood splatters) - I figure it's easier on the artist and also easier on my pocketbook if I'm not paying for tons of colors.

Just remember that when it comes to Ink work you get what you pay for!!! If the artist quotes you a cheap price you probably want to do some more shopping. Also check out the skin book thats the book that most artists have of ink work that they have done in the past.

Just remember that when it comes to Ink work you get what you pay for!!! If the artist quotes you a cheap price you probably want to do some more shopping. Also check out the skin book thats the book that most artists have of ink work that they have done in the past.

I will have to agree on this. My old Tattoo place had a sign above there door and it rings very true in all cases:

Good Tattos arent cheap, and cheap tattoos arent good.

With that said, I am going back in on the 2nd of October for the next session on my leg. I am really excited about it and cant wait. its been way to long.

I dunno about cheap always being bad; I was always quoted $250-300 for my feet (tough skin, no meat underneath, everything a 3-needle, etc). The artist who ended up doing it only charged me $100 because she laughed her posterior off at the concept and was mortified at the thought of someone else getting to do it instead of her.

I didn't argue, and I thought she did a great job. I also tipped her insanely well too ::D:.

$100 isnt bad for just words you got a really good price plus you probably didnt do a lot of squirming in the chair! What I mean by cheap is if you get a whole sleeve with full color & all cusom work ie. no flash, and the artist only wants $150 then thats WAY to cheap and the art works probably not well done. You should always look at the artists previous work though. Ive got almost $600 invested in my left sleeve and you can see the problems from across the room, but $180 on my chest and its AWESOME!!! If your going to get full color work get to know your artist and his work before you get it done.