dewen

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranzadule Posted on Aug 10 2005, 11:52 PM

"Reapergames.com = Razig is considered Mercenary Faction"

That's my story and I'm sticking to my guns, so to speak. 

However, in the Reaper store Razig, Sketal pirates, the Soul cannon and the Dark Maiden are listed in Misc and not Mercenarys.

However, in the Reaper store Razig, Sketal pirates, the Soul cannon and the Dark Maiden are listed in Misc and not Mercenarys.

The Reaper On-line store doesn't write the rules, they just try an pimp the pewter. Casketworks #18 calls a Centaur a giant eagle and a group of Vale Archers a Centaur. I'm not changing my army list though. :poke:

The downloadable rules for Razig say that Razig is Merc, so that controls as far as I'm concerned until and unless someone says otherwise. (AND until RAzig gets an icon on warlordHQ.com)

Since I play Mercs, it makes a lot of difference to me. And an answer from someone official would allow me to take it to the group and say, "It's legal." Our campaign just ended and another one is sure to start up in a few weeks. My Mercs want skeletal pirate help.

No they don't!! Warwick and I played 3 head-to-head battles for our campaign over the last three weeks. The first battle I got uber-lucky dice rolls and won handily. However, the last two weeks were viscious. I won last week by having only 1 guy standing. A Templar Warrior Musician. :blink:

Last night Warwick won with a severely wounded hero and Azarphan left. I don't think you need any Soul Cannons on your side. ::P:

Wild Bill :blues:

Sweet!!! Going Freelance is evil enough. You can take the best of every army and pop a can of whoop on someone. :B):

Personally, I think Razig is a totally separate army just like Dwarves, Necropolis, etc. With that being said, I do think that the Mercenary army list needs some help. All of their leaders are unique! If you wanted to play a big enough army, you couldn't because you'd eventually run out of people to take. Granted, most of them are expensive so you'd have to be playing a HUGE HUGE HUGE army, but still. The principle remains. ^_^

Wild Bill :blues:

"Reapergames.com = Razig is considered Mercenary Faction"

How is this statement from the PDF for Razig's Revenge not clear? Why does there have to be someone official saying what they have already put in print? Razig is considered Merc. Pretty clear, unless this is one of those Defensive Dispel, Overshot AOE wordings.... :lol::lol:

From the above link:

Razig's Revenge Affiliation

Models of Razig's Revenge are Affiliation "Razig/Evil" not "Mercenary/(whatever)" and therefore are their own army as if they were Crusaders, Reven, or any other for all game purposes.

Razig's Revenge are reported as Mercenaries on ReaperGames only and are considered Mercenaries ONLY on Reaper Games. This will continue until such time as we can code/program a suitable web presence for the Captain and his crew.

It seems pretty appearent that Razig is indeed his own independent faction. While on Reaper Games he is sublisted as a mercenary, everything written about him says that is only a temporary state until they update the website. (I think it'll be really neat to see that updated so the balance of power can shift to UNDEAD PIRATES).