Range and Volley

Chrome

AAaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!! My brain hurts!!!!!!!!

If the intention is that AOE's still hit at max range like they do in that other game with steam golems, then please please please put in the FAQ or some similiar document as errata to what was written. In CCG's, cards are played as printed, whether or not that is the intention of the designers. When the designers feel this creates an unwanted effect, they issue errata that they distribute on the net, and in all further printings of the rules. Even that Steam Golem game had a section of errata and clarifications in their second rulebook.

I have no problem with the ruling. It may make me actually consider Volley worth the points....as long as it is in print in an official document as a change to the written rules. Either that, or point me to the section of the rulebook that states that AOE's land somewhere even if they miss.....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowhere does it say that the area of effect is ignored,

It does not need to say that the AOE is ignored because the situation would fall under "out of range" and thus the action is lost. The exception would need to be written to state that something other than a lost action is the result. Think of the spells as exploding harmlessly over head. Think of the arrows fired beyond their effective range as being...ineffective.