Reaper Lion Man

Elouchard

Yes, Julie Guthrie knows how to sculpt a nice figure. It was real easy to paint and looks pretty cool next to some smaller guys. I dropped him on a round base for extra stability as he tended to fall over alot. This one was mostly glazes of umber and sienna over a tan base. The armor was a light blue-gray, darkened with umber and black and then highlighted with thin white. Pretty straighforward but it came out nice and natural looking.

post-4-1123894848.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the blood splatter on this one. IMO, I think you could use some more highlights. In particular, I think his muzzle could be a bit brighter, it would help draw the eye to his face(It could be the angle of the photo). I like how dark his pecs get, but I think a highlight on the outside edge would better define it. I also think the flesh/fur on the legs could use more defining, the large areas look monotone. I will admit, this could just be the differences between a picture and what it looks like in real life. It is still a great piece and I have added it to my library as a reference, this majestic lion sits on my shelf unpainted.

Julie Guthrie is one of the best, I agree. I always keep my eyes out for any of her work as the proportions and scale seem spot on.

I like the base on this one, cool savannah effect. The NMM is interesting as well, the glaze method gives a nice softness to the steel.