Sci-fi character figure line-

Griffinjd

??? Well, nobody seems to have a decent selection of Sci-fi character figs to supplement all of the great games currently in print. Dare I say an untapped Market? Could even look to the CAV story line for those ruff & tumble mercs, roughnecks, fighter jocks, and those fearless CAV crews. Solaris VII ring any bells? Any Thoughts?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have meditated upon the mountain many moons. I have listened to the wind and the whispers in my ears. The Gods have spoken to me, and they say thusly:

'We're working on it, fer cryin' out loud. Give is a moment, will you?'.

Which is how the Gods speak, they are a strange bunch...

--Mad Prophet lstormhammer

• Super Administrators
Griffinjd - go to the Reaper Store's CAV section.  Towards the back you'll find a figure of General Drake that Reaper released for the Holidays.  More of these are to be expected in the future.

I've seen Dana all painted up as well.  Here she is in stunning green:

dana_72mm.jpg

Her painted version will be on display at GAMA.  Reaper Matt did a really nice job.  I'll try to get her photographed and posted in show-off if you'd like to see her.

kit

Well, nobody seems to have a decent selection of Sci-fi character figs to supplement all of the great games currently in print.

Huh...

That's an odd statement.

I-Kore's Void is good for 25-28mm Sci-Fi figures.

There's also a lot of Vor, The Mealstrom(sp?) minis still floating around as well.

Stargrunt...  I think those are still out.

Plus, the tried and true 40K minis.  Their new Grey Knights look freaking COOL!

Enjoy!

I think they Griff there ment Player Character Sci-fi models.

The majority of SF models out there are for squad-based tactics games.

I personally would like to see well crafted SF Player Character models.

(might get my gaming group to play something other than DnD)

--lstormhammer

Know how you feel LSH, they'd be cool for having around... though my group doesn't do the roleplay by minis thing they're still cool.

Ivy, please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please put the painted Dana up on the show off soon.... the green is cool. And has Matt painted a Gen Drake too? Cos that'd be really cool also :o)

Mike I definately agree with you on the new Grey Knights, some the better figs to come out of GW....though I would much rather get my paint stained figures on a Dana figure. Would look really good next to the General Drake I still have not gotten around to painting (ahhh parenthood, would not trade the little guy for the world, but boy does he not leave much time for anything else.) :)

And while we are taking about our scifi fig wishes...we need ships to transport everything on too  :down: I know, I know its in the works

I think what many gamers like myself want is a line of "generic" futuristic and alien character figures (not connected to any current lines... not even CAV) that are of Dark Haven quality for use in our games of Traveller or Transhuman Space, or whatever sci-fi game you happen to play.

Sadly, it seems that the money for RPG figs is in fantasy as sci-fi gamers are a minority in an industry where High Fantasy seems to be the only marketable genre.  (Screw you Tolkien!  Screw you to hell!)

Here's to hoping that someone, maybe Reaper, can come along and fill this much neglected market.

Later,

Mark A. Siefert

I have a bunch of scifi minis - adventurers, aliens, soldiers, etc. dating back to the late 70'/early 80's.  I don't remember who made them but it was during the Star Wars Episodes 4 - 6 heydey.  They were heavily influenced by those movies.  The quality of them as with fantasy minis in general then are not as good as Reaper's quality now.  

I feel there is a need those types now in the quality that Reaper does. Plus a decent variety of Power Armor figures. :D   Reaper is just starting the line so with much anticipation I am waiting for more releases.

rm