Reaper Fantasy Football League: Season 1

Reaperbryan

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I hate when last minute decisions make you lose. I opted to sit Samkon Gado figuring his 15 minutes had run out the week previous, and then he goes and rings up another 16 points. Made the difference in my loss last week :grr:

Also noticing how my W-L record (and point totals) have taken a considerable nosedive since Priest Holmes went on the IR. Nothing sucks worse than losing a key point contributor later in the season when getting replacement parts is difficult. Least I got lucky and managed to snag the Bears Defense early in the season.

With the final week of the seaon approaching, and playoffs coming on, I have to say. We had best do this again next year!!!

Now I am curious, how exactly are the playoffs run? Do rosters become fixed? Is it single elimination (I am presuming this is the case). Do each of the division leaders get a bye, and the remaining 8 play against each other, and then winners face division leaders in round 2?

Are trades blocked out once a team has been eliminated? What about Free Agency?

e.g. If I am eliminated, could I trade Marvin Harrison or the Bears D/ST to someone so I could help out a division mate or something?

This is my first time running a league with this many teams and this type of playoff format, so I don't really know how it will work. Let me do some research and find out what I can.

And HELL yes, I want to do this again next year. We need to get things organized a lot earlier and have an actual live draft, or as close to it as we can get. It would be a lot more fun.

Is anyone interested in making this a keeper league or do we just want to start next season from scratch?

Ok, best I can tell, there should still be a consolation bracket for the playoffs, once you lose, you should get to keep playing for final positions in the standings until the end of the season. As for trading players around, I guess technically you could do that, but it is pretty unethical and I do have final approval before any trade goes through. I would of course leave any such decision up to a league vote, but I really don't think that any of us would actually do such a thing.

Free agency should still work as it normally does.

I absolutely want to do this again next year, and with a Live draft. I :grr: HATE :grr: Autodrafting

I think if we are going to go into a keeper league, we should start next season keeping players once everyone has had a chance to pick who they want. Maybe make the draft order for next season based on the final results of this season's standings though.

If we do allow for keepers, I'd only want to see 1 or 2 kept from this season, tops. For future seasons, I'd be fine with allowing up to 5 or 6 players kept. And once you get them, you keep them. No recirculating. Forced recirculating punishes people that make good choices. With a keeper league, you may have drafted Eli Manning last season, knowing he'd do okay this season, and will likely excel the following as he devlops and matures. If you recirculate, you'd have to give him up and hope to get lucky in the draft. There is no motivation for drafting a promising young guy in hopes that he blossoms when you have to recirculate. Even if he sits on the bench for you for a whole first season, that's often a draft pick well spent if you know you will get him in his sophomore season.

Good points Qwyk. Definitely some food for thought. As far as the Live draft goes, one of my other groups did our entire draft using yahoo instant messenger and the bulletin board on the ESPN league home page. It worked pretty well and we didn't have to go with a stupid time that they assigned us. We just set up a conference on IM and made our pics and I posted a message on the bulletin board updating every round as we went. I kept track of all the picks in a simple spreadsheet and plugged everything in after we were finished. It was only an 8 team league, but the actual draft only tool about 2 and a half hours.

I too am up for a keeper league next year and this year.. I am looking forward to the next season already! :)

I vote for one or two players though.. no more :)

Congrats everyone on thier season thus far.. even if it was a loosing one like mine. It was STILL Fun :)

-jon