Gencon info?

MoonFever

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Hexxenhammer has shown us his modifications on his Reptus why haven't we seen the painted versions??

I think the bull orc sublist sounds cool, but I need more info. I play Darkspawn and Dwarves, and I need an excuse to buy the reven faction book. Necropolis had the transfer life spell so I had to get that book. Maybe a new tactic the reven have that the Dwarves need to know about?

Ahhh damn, Hex was there?

Bummer, didn't get a chance to meet you.

Gen Con was a blast. We had great turn out on the Demo tables for both Warlord and CAV 2. I think we did a pretty darn good job of drawing in more players. Friday evening and Saturday were really busy. I know quite a few folks from my tables were looking for more info on how to get starter sets and access all the ReaperGames.com and Reapermini.com goodness, asking about starter sets and getting more models. Being able to start with two basic armies and the rule book for $100 was a pretty big sell for a lot a folks it seemed.

A great indicator will probably be how many starter sets the booth was able to sell.

This was my first Con working as a BL too. To all the BL guys and gals there, Thanks. It was a pleasure working with you all. Awesome team to work with. And, thanks for not hazing the rookie :poke:

The gaming after hours on Thursday night and Saturday was great. I'm feeling the lack of sleep this morning, but damn it was well worth it. Thanks to all the folks that came by.

I got the sneek peek Reven book. :wub::wub::wub:

I'm commenting in other threads on that though.

Yes, Reptus took second to some sucker-punching freelance pirates.

Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone too. I was around on Thursday and Saturday for the tourney, but that was about it. I was running a D&D event and was with a buncha friends, so I didn't have a lot of free time to hang out.

My digital camera has crapped out on me as well, but Abngi took a bunch of pictures I told him to post when he got a chance.

I had a great time and loved meeting everyone I did. Can't wait for next year.

Abngi took a bunch of pictures I told him to post when he got a chance.

Yep, Hex's Reptus were awesomely painted.

I filled up a 1 gigabyte memory card with GenCon pics, then put a couple on a little card.

Near as I can figure, someone on the GenCon cleanup crew is now the proud owner of four hundred and twelve digital pics of miniatures-related subjects. Sorry, Hex, but yours were on the AWOL card.

Yes, Reptus took second to some sucker-punching freelance pirates.

The bad thing about multi-player events is that people can gang up on others. The good thing is that you can be the one to get someone else ot ram it into someone else. The Reven player left me alone just long enough for me to get a few good shots into the approaching Reptus. AND the Reptus came at me in column after they hit Jordan's Reven. That was your only mistake. With no time limit, you would have been well served to take a turn and form up out of range and then come in a better supported formation. That's the reason I took the wall as my position. That was the only terrain and it allowed me to get people to come at me two at a time and with the Pirates' ability to walk out of or shoot into combat without worry, it kept me alive even after the backstabbing Reven player turned on me. (I was going to get him when I was sure all of the reptus were going to die, so he was smart to jump the gun). SO I held the top of the wall and gathered everyone in and then when I outnumbered my opponents, I scattered in six different directions. It was then that Hexx realized that he could never catch all of the pirates and he played for second by killing off the last Reven. Hexx was heard to say "Hey! That's cheating!!!" to which I replied "Pirate..." ::D:

Abngi took a bunch of pictures I told him to post when he got a chance.

Yep, Hex's Reptus were awesomely painted.

I filled up a 1 gigabyte memory card with GenCon pics, then put a couple on a little card.

Near as I can figure, someone on the GenCon cleanup crew is now the proud owner of four hundred and twelve digital pics of miniatures-related subjects. Sorry, Hex, but yours were on the AWOL card.

Dude...that sucks in soooo many ways.

And Ranz, you're right. I ran down the field as fast as I could. I shoulda backed off totally and healed Chai-Uut for a few rounds. I don't think you and the Reven would've got along for that long just standing next to each other.

Oh well...The game was fun as hell.

The bad thing about multi-player events is that people can gang up on others.

Yep - you can't team up to determine the winner, but you can team up to determine a loser.

An answer to that is to determine the winner by victory points rather than last man standing.