Reven faction book review

abngi

Harpies are Adept Soldiers. Cost 51 pts.

You probably won't see the Data Cards on Warlord Games until the models are finished and ready for pictures and sale.

I want to know about Noqun and Krat. They are on the Noghra Sub-List between the Goblin Warriors and Goblin Rangers. They have no Data Card information in the Faction book.

Please. End the suffering. We must know.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know about Noqun and Krat. They are on the Noghra Sub-List between the Goblin Warriors and Goblin Rangers. They have no Data Card information in the Faction book.

Please. End the suffering. We must know.

I think those are old names and need to be corrected before the general printing.

We marked up the book pretty well. I talked Matt out of a copy just for us demo guys to proofread, and left it around the tables with a highlighter. We made sure Matt got that back, so most mistakes should be corrected.

PS

Just go ahead and stomp on my poor widdle slime encrusted blackened shrivelled heart.

Get me all excited about two more new models that I could use to destroy the world, and then you just rip them away from me, before we even got the chance to meet.

You're such a tease Bryan...

::P:

::D:

Quick question. What about the fluff at the beginning? Is the fiction 20pgs like the Necropolis book? Not to bash that aspect of the books, but thats alot of fiction. Its one of the things thats holding me back from purchasing the Necro book.

But I digress. How much meat is there compared to the Necropolis book? More army info and army pics? Examples of army setups or lists?

Just curious.

Jhilahd

Well, it is the Sneak Peek, so not all the models are pictured, because I am betting that when this went to print, not all the models were finished and photo'd.

There was quite a bit of fluff in it like Necropolis: Thule. I haven't had the opportunity to read through it all yet because I just keep forgetting and something else comes up <_<

Thanks for the answer.

I enjoy fiction for the game settings, so don't get me wrong. I like reading it to get a "feel" for the world and how it interacts. At least from the viewpoint of the creators.

Like I said, I enjoy game fiction, but not a quarter of the book.

I don't know, I find my work mind over take my gamer mind alot with printed material so page counting comes into play. So when I see huge copy layed out over alot of pages it bugs me. Its a personal thing, and really bears no place in this post, other than the fact I'm rambling.

Ahem...

I noticed in the mini's gallery, as well as painted versions of Kiakara. A second Warlord for the Reven Army.

Is this going to be common? Does the Necropolis have a second Warlord? Will the other factions eventually have another Warlord added to their ranks?

What about more female Reven warriors? Are there any? I can almost see a whole beserker group of lady bull orcs(if such a thing is possible) under Kiakara's leadership. Literally, fighting tooth and nail.

I think the second warlord is a cool aspect. I hope there will be more to the other groups. I look forward to seeing this book as well as the others.

Thanks,

Jhilahd

****edited because my brain was working faster than my fingers.

Fluff seems to be reacted to 1 of 2 ways. "Give us more" and "Leave it out, I just want rules, Thank you very much." As evidence, I cite the thread asking for fluff novels. We have tried to strike a balance with enough fluff to make those asking for it happy, and enough rules information to make the purchase worthwhile.

Yes, each faction will be getting at least 1 additional warlord. It is possible some factions may get 2 alternate choices. Each warlord is designed to fill a different role, lending flexibility. Example: Judas is a Melee Warlord. He is more awesome in battle than almost any non-warlord non-beast. Moandain is a Caster Warlord. His skill with the Magic are better than almost any non-warlord. If you like to fling around the spells, take Moandain and Naomi and Malek and Tharian, etc. If you like to beat up on people, take Judas and a bunch of Crimson Knights.

Similarly, Kiakara is a Cleric Warlord. As a powerful Shaman, she gives you options that Varaug did not.

[tease] One of the characters we are heavily testing now is a Cavalry/Mounted Warlord[/tease]

Well I for one loooooovvvve fluff....the more the better. I am very excited to get the Reven book and have been painting the newer figs in anticipation of it's release. ( I just need to buy the Hill Giant!!) :rolleyes:

Anyway if half the army books were fluff I would be happy. Just like highlighting a mini add all the fluff you were going to add to a book and then add a little more...perfect!!!

Ok I will stut up now. :down: