If I was going to jump into this faction here is exactly what I would buy in order:

1) Avatar (Who doesn't like this model as the centre piece of even relatively small Nefsokar forces)

2) Tariq (Hands down one of the best Sgt models in the game, his ability to bring an Elite to the field is extremely rare)

3) 2 x Tomb Guards (The best pound for pound adept model the Nefsokar can bring to the table, high defence and decent MAV)

4) Fatima (What can I say, I love clerics, and this model is just fantastic looking; plus if you get Tariq you'll soon want an Elite that he can haul along)

5) 2 x Dervishes (I just like the way they look, I've not seen them on the board, they look a little pricey, but I think under proper cicumstances they'd perform well)

6) Mi-Sher (The model isn't all that appealing to me, but 66 points for MAV 3 #ME 2 Warmaster is a good deal)

7) 2 x Rangers (Archer add an extra deminsion to any force, they are expensive I admit, but put them in with Tariq and load him up with a few bless spells and they arn't terrible)

8) Khadath (Another Warmaster)

9) Reborn (Yet anoither Warmaster)

10) Netikerti (I like Magic, and she is actually one of the cheaper level 3 Mages around, plus she has defensive magic, which isn't all that common and can be useful).

Anyway some thoughts. I'm leaning towards starting this faction once the faction book comes out, I'd like to try my had at an all Khamsin force, no undead allowed.

Of all the Nefsokar units, the Reborn are likely only beaten to the last place by the Khemsin Herdsmen in my opinion, and the Rangers are also languishing near the bottom.

At 750 points, I'd usually play a troup of Temple Guards, a small troop of Awakened (mummies), and 2 Avatars. If you insist on Rangers, see whether replacing the Awakened gives you enough for Mi-Sher or Tariq (with 2* Bless) plus 3-4 rangers, which is all I'd use, really.

Alternatively, you can go for Netikerti with the big spells (Firestorm etc), Khadath plus Temple Guard and maybe a cleric, and a single Avatar. Only around 1,000 points I'd start to consider using the dervishes, since they need a screen of higher DV units to protect them for a while. You could consider mixing in 1 or 2 with the Temple Guard, though.

In the end, it really pays off to experiment a little, and maybe use some proxies for a few battles if you can't afford to buy all the goodies you'd like to play with at once.

In my rulebook, it lists Avatar's as being on a large base, yet the one I bought has a standard base...

Is the large base listing in error? did i just get the wrong base in my blister pack?

Do i need to buy a larger base and rebase my mini?

any help is appreciated!

Or you could get a 1.5" square of something like styrene, glue the avatar and the standard base onto it, and cover the join with flocking material. It strikes me as being a lot easier.

That's what I'm doing with the one I originally put on the small base it came with, yes.

Well, not necessarily styrene, but something. Probably craft sticks.

I still have to work up my Totem, anyway.

That's what I'm doing with the one I originally put on the small base it came with, yes.

Well, not necessarily styrene, but something. Probably craft sticks.

I still have to work up my Totem, anyway.

I like your andromeda quote btw.

Those are some interesting ideas about the mounting on a larger base as is.

Hey folks,new player here.

I have the basic box set for now.

I'm wondering what would be the next thing to add?

I'm open to suggestions.

G ::):

Avatar is a great one. I would also consider a Sgt (Tariq or Chosen) and some soldiers, especially the Tomb Guards. Khamsin Rangers are pricy, but range is valuable to every army.

Like you guys need more freakin kick arse solos!?!? :lol:

That's a beautiful loking sculpt you'll be getting. No one let Curadhan get it. Please. His Avatar of Sekhmet is enough trouble to deal with.

I am beginning to envision a LOT of 4-5 model troops in the Nefsokar future so you all can get all those solos in the game. Here is my 1000 point list with 8 activation cards :devil:

I am beginning to envision a LOT of 4-5 model troops in the Nefsokar future so you all can get all those solos in the game. Here is my 1000 point list with 8 activation cards :devil:

I know a player here that does that routinely with the Reptus in 750 point games!! :blink:

I wish the Nefsokar book would hurry up and come out!! That's the next army I want to collect. Shhhhh...don't tell the Dwarves! :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

I wish the Nefsokar book would hurry up and come out!! That's the next army I want to collect. Shhhhh...don't tell the Dwarves! :devil:

That's OK , they're probably sleepy off the beer . They say that Sokar has beer ! :lol::lol:

Sweet mini that scorpion ! ::D: