Oh my,

That cross death's river is very nice.

I was using it to pull Kufu out of battle and heal him up a point or two of damage and then move him back to the front. It was also used that with the avatar and the reborn.

I was very very disapointed with the rangers.

of course the fact that i couldnt roll over a 4 with them may have had something to do with it.

All in all a very nice army to play (I was playing them while working on basing my Overlords)

I cant wait to cross death's river with a scorpion. (i hope they keep that power in thier expansion book)

You know, I don't think I have ever seen anyone use Cross River's Death as a Defensive Ability to fall back and form a line, or to bring a model back from the line for healing.

And unfortunately, Curadhan will likely check in on the board before next Saturday ::D:

That's because I know how obsessive you are about killing her. ;)

If I ever want to go on a major offensive with my Tomb Guards or the like, all I have to do is expose Fatima and Frosch's attention becomes riveted on the poor little girl in the bandages.

When he isn't trying to avoid getting ground under the kittenish foot of the Avatar, that is.

I've used the Reborn as the second elite choice when I field Khufu , and I usually give him a Moderate Magical Weapon and he was effective against Necropolis taking down a Grave Horror once ! :blink:

I've used the Reborn as the second elite choice when I field Khufu , and I usually give him a Moderate Magical Weapon and he was effective against Necropolis taking down a Grave Horror once ! :blink:

Hmmm. My usual 1000-point army is Khadath with Fatima, Mi-Sher, and an Avatar. I've only used Khufu in 1500+ games, and put in Netikirti with him then.

What sort of army do you field with him?

I'm not a Nefsokar player, but I have to say I see endliess possibilities for this guy; especially when you are playing a small game where every point counts.

Ronin makes it so that you can use him effectively as a small independent unit. I would say his only real disadvantage in this roll would be against archers, even still DV 10+ Deflect means most archers will be shooting 9's and 10's which isn't horrible. His comparatively low MAV wouldn't be all that problematic if you were choosy about the sort of units you sent him after. As was mentioned in another thread, certain models just look imposing, or at least dangerous, and I think the Reborn is one of those models, so used independently you might be able to get your opponent to allocate a far bigger chunk of their force to dealing with him than they should (He reminds me alot of Gurm in the Reven army actually).

I've always thought the Reborn would make an excellent bodyguard for Tariq, and in turn Tariq (give him a familair) could keep the reborn up on his feet with bandage spells. I mean I always picture Tariq leading a secondary sort of unit, rather than the big bad boys (Tomb Guards) so adding a little offensive punch to his troop at a fairly cheap cost fits in with my idea of the Reborn.

I think we'll see the possibilities really open up when the Nefsokar get things like the Khamsim Berzerkers.

Dervishes are #MA 2 soldiers, Berzerkers should be something different. All this is based on the model list printed nearly half a year ago though, so changes could easily have been made, Khamsin Bezerkers might never make it into the game, but they were schedueled at one point.

The new Nefsokar (Disciple and Prophet) are both are Elites. The CP is 4 for the Mage at 24pts. I think the same for the Cleric at 30+ pts (I don't have the card in front of me, so don't quote me). I tried the Mage in a troop with Khadath equiped with 3 ice shards to add some range, but I was not that successful. With an average grunt MD 10, you have to roll 6 or better and I was unsuccessful everytime. I could have saved the Ice Shards for weakened multi dmg tracks, but that opportunity was not there. I considered next time using a familiar, but for 20 points the the Mage is costing me 44 pts to field and Netikerti is 53 pts with CP 6 and a bunch of SA. I do not see the value in a familiar. Anybody have comments or suggestions using a low cost, weak Mage?

In playtest I used him with 2 Ice Shards, and used him as my caster for Summoning. The data card I used might have been different than he ended up, but it sounds like the essentials are still there (CP4, mage 1/x).

Try him again. Granted sometimes he's going to just choke, but he's better than an archer in most situations.

PS

Drop the Mage in a troop with Tariq, with a couple of Ice Shards. Greater Magic Empowerment isn't a bad idea either. It will boost his CP, and since he has a low number of spell slots, when he's empty, it improves his ability to fight. As Storm mentioned. Summon away.

If there are spells in there like for the Reven, you may get some for your weaker casters that they can use to improve your own models. CP 4 + 2 for friendly vs 10's. You only need a 4 or better. Not bad odds. Improve that with Lesser or Greater Magic Empowerment.

Put the little Cleric (Prophet) with Tariq and both have blesses and a bandage with some archers, a couple Herdsmen and a couple Dervishes. Each cast bless. One for Melee, one for Ranged. Turn the troop into a seek and destroy unit with improved ranged support. Keep them close enough that Tariq and the Cleric can Bandage each other.

Tariq, Prophet, 3 Archers, 2 Herdsmen, 4 Dervishes. (I think Tariq is 4-11/1)

Tariq casts bless on the Dervishes, they move in with Herdsmen for multiple attacks at a much better MAV. Tariq can still move into the target's rear base and not get Defensive Stike'd because of Rogue and lend his Support Bonus. If it's still standing, and you get to go again, send the Herdmen to support Tariq, peel off any surviving Dervishes and have Tariq attack on the rear base side to finish the job. Cleric stays back and Blesses Archers. They stay put and then send 6 shots out at RAV 2, which makes them average, high volume archers instead of poor archers.

My disciple is in with Tariq and his rangers. I figure a CP of 4 and an 18'' Ice Shards basically makes him a slightly stronger crossbowman. 10 to 1 says that my opponent will get a little nervous about another mage being on the field since I still had enough points for Netikerti that he will spend most of his time trying to waste the mages anyway, leaving my dervishes and Scorpion to do some major damage.