Oh boy....I got my Sir Brannor yesterday...what a cool mini. Mine had gobs of flash on him, but now he is primed. I looked at his stats...this is a Capt to be proud of!!!! No more Sir Broderick or Ironraven, Brannor takes the cake and eats it too!!!(and he is not unique...yesss!!!!) pretty darn good for a human. He and his clones can now fight the Nefsokar and de-mummifie Taltos (and then be conquered by the Reven). ::D:

I like Sir Brannor too. I do have a question about him though. Has anybody else noticed that the data card lists his rank of Captain but is title is a Lightbringer, which is the rank of Sergeant?

Maybe the fluff will explain this?

Castlebuilder

In Oz, the earliest stocker AFAIK is the Toy Soldier in Sydney.

You mean The Tin Soldier . ::P: Actually I get stuff online quicker and a hell of a lot cheaper than them , so I'll have to wait . :down:

I've played Crusaders!

And I'm undefeated!

Ok, I beat a couple of relatively inexperienced elf players.

Man, those tin cans are hard to break. I just sent formations of Knights across the board at the archers, and they just couldn't bring me down fast enough.

I led with Ironraven, loaded up with Greater Magic Armor and Divine Favor, and he just sucked up arrows like a sponge. I did lose a chunk of grunts to a Fireball, but in retaliation I Mercied Ardynn and sent him back into the elves, where he mercied another. ^_^

PS

My Crusader force is now greatly expanded. I now have:

All of the Characters exept Maejada (sp?) including Brannor an x-tra Halabarad, Broderick,Ironraven and Malcolm.

13 Templar Knights aka warriors

6 Unforgiven

6 Ironspires

6 Nuns

6 IC archers

and an Angel.

I have yet to field Gerard or Valandil, but I love Halabarad and Marcus. The archers have been a diappointment vs the Nefsokar, but very handy vs. the Elves. I have not fought the Overlords yet, but will soon enough. Of course my Reven are far larger a force, but I think I have a respectable Crusader Army....now to paint it. I have 21 figs painted for the Reven and only 9 for the crusaders. :rolleyes:

Lightbringer and Justicar aren't ranks Castlebuilder, that's why.

could you clarify this goldeneagle?

i thought that they were ranks too.

Among the knights that defend the Chroniclers throughout Adon are several Orders. Lightbringers and Justicars are but 2 of the Orders of the Templar Knights, defenders of the Chroniclers.

Brannor is a Sergeant among the Justicars, although most Justicars you have seen so far have been captains. Rest assured, you shall see more kinds of Justicars that are not captains as Crudsader Expansion models begin to arrive en masse.

I have yet to field Gerard

Me too . :blink: I've got this lovely painted model and I really can't find a use for it yet . I most of our games (1000pts) I use Captains and Sergeants only . Anyone used Gerard with any level of succes ? ::o:

Rest assured, you shall see more kinds of Justicars that are not captains as Crudsader Expansion models begin to arrive en masse.

what a tease...

we need details, or at least i do... ::D:

I just have a few questions:

Tips and tricks for using Lord Ironraven effectively? He sure is one big target.

Tips and tricks for using Templar Ironspines effectively? Point for point I find the knights to be a much better deal.

Do you guys often fill up on your spell pool or leave some off?

Bandage or Bless?

Typical equipment?

I also have a little bit of advice from my experience:

Knights, you can never have enough to those guys. Ironspines are worth the cost to back them up also. MAV of 3 on defensive strikes is nothing to snuff at.

As others said before me, standards and musicians all the time.

Valandil is very useful. I often have fielded him in place of archers, because I feel putting him on the board with an array of spells and possibly some magic items turns out to be more effective. Of course this was before the indepth article on fireball, so I'll have to try it out again.

If you put halbarad on the board, give him some greater magical armor. Not only will he be quite the spell caster, but once he's done with that he'll go around swinging his hammer for quite a bit longer.

Marcus Gideon. The rogue special ability on anyone with 3 attacks is a force to be reckoned with... especially when they already have a MAV of 4. The crusader's answer to Ymrilix.

Battle Nuns. 'Nuff said.

Last but not least, the lions. The cheaper of the solos, these guys give you extra cards and alot of extra power. Dis 9 on these guys is a good thing too.