Porken's right. You have way to hurt flyers, with no magic or ranged attacks. Yes - Bone Horror must land to kill your guys, but he can just fly and prevent you from ever hitting him. then, if you ever have a model get isolated, he swoops down kills it, and then takes off next activation, while you run to where he was.

I'd Consider swapping Halbarad or Gideon for Valandil or Ian and packing a few ice shards . . .

I'd Consider swapping Halbarad or Gideon for Valandil or Ian and packing a few ice shards . . .

Ian?????

A new crusader mage? :blink:

Porken's right. You have way to hurt flyers, with no magic or ranged attacks. Yes - Bone Horror must land to kill your guys, but he can just fly and prevent you from ever hitting him. then, if you ever have a model get isolated, he swoops down kills it, and then takes off next activation, while you run to where he was.

On that same token, the bone horror could easily drop down and wipe out Ian or Valandil, hope he doesn't get hit, and take off next round. It all really depends on positioning, but yeah the army definitely needs some range.

I gave Marcus Gideon Greater Magical Armor in a game last night which brought his DV up to 12. He was shrugging off attacks left and right until the lackeys around me all died and the enemy then swarmed me and subsequently beat me to a pulp. Even then, the 3 attacks per round he offers thinned the ranks quite a bit before he fell. In hind sight if I had taken an extra Part spell and used it to avoid being swarmed i would have extended his life span by a couple more turns.

. In hind sight if I had taken an extra Part spell and used it to avoid being swarmed i would have extended his life span by a couple more turns.

Which is a fantastic idea, Part being one of my favorite spells for its multiple applications. It's just too bad ol' Marcus can't cast Part. It being a 2nd level spell and he being a lvl 1 caster. Did you mean to say that you should've given a different caster another Part? Halbarad is freakin nasty with it. The Guardian Angel is even worse... ::D:

. In hind sight if I had taken an extra Part spell and used it to avoid being swarmed i would have extended his life span by a couple more turns.

Which is a fantastic idea, Part being one of my favorite spells for its multiple applications. It's just too bad ol' Marcus can't cast Part. It being a 2nd level spell and he being a lvl 1 caster. Did you mean to say that you should've given a different caster another Part? Halbarad is freakin nasty with it. The Guardian Angel is even worse... ::D:

Sorry about the confusion, it was another caster. Marcus went in with Sir Brannor, some breakers and Ironspines. My lackeys got slaughtered in a fiery storm of good dice rolls, and the enemy continued forward and swarmed Marcus. Brannor could have freed him up for a bit longer. I've got a couple of other creative ideas for Part but haven't tried them yet.

See questions/ideas here:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17391

Stoopid Dwarves!!!!!

Ok, I have two Dwarf players at my FLGS. I am getting really tired of them mopping the floor with my Crusaders lately. My guys rush into those clouds of ale farts and just fall apart. Any suggestions on how to beat down Dwarves?

Castlebuilder

Stoopid Dwarves!!!!!

Ok, I have two Dwarf players at my FLGS. I am getting really tired of them mopping the floor with my Crusaders lately. My guys rush into those clouds of ale farts and just fall apart. Any suggestions on how to beat down Dwarves?

Castlebuilder

Use archery!

Oh, you meant beat them with Crusaders... ::P:

Can't tell you, I've never beat the Dwarves. :down:

PS

Stoopid Dwarves!!!!!

They are a bit slow, I'd try archers pummeling as long as possible before they close. Then try to beat them via swarm tactics. More models = greater chance of killing them when they are stunned.

Stoopid Dwarves!!!!!

They are a bit slow, I'd try archers pummeling as long as possible before they close. Then try to beat them via swarm tactics. More models = greater chance of killing them when they are stunned.

Two problems... us dwarves slow when we have a musician (March to the Warpipes :wub: ) and the Ivy Crown Archers are poor marksmen.

I'd focus on the dwarves weakness... that being their DV... 9 for their warriors.