Denelspire

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a problem at all. All of those you listed are on the Justice list.

Anything else?

SD

Thanks again! ::):

No more questions for the moment. Other than I assume Gerard is on the list and Kristi isn't? (Which is too bad b/c I was just at the FLGS yesterday at a paint club meeting and they had Gerard on the shelf, but I was holding off on him b/c I wanted to use Kristi as my main warlord, strictly for the sculpt! ::D: ).

[

Sorry to pester, but it will drastically affect my build. Plus, until Alliance removes that #(@$%! "NYA", my FLGS can't even special order the book for me. :down:

I feel your pain, man! I'm in the same boat, but the guys at my FLGS are pestering Alliance real hard for me, so hopefully they will send the book out as soon as they get it.

Castelbuilder

It's not a problem at all. All of those you listed are on the Justice list.

Anything else?

SD

Thanks again! ::):

No more questions for the moment. Other than I assume Gerard is on the list and Kristi isn't? (Which is too bad b/c I was just at the FLGS yesterday at a paint club meeting and they had Gerard on the shelf, but I was holding off on him b/c I wanted to use Kristi as my main warlord, strictly for the sculpt! ::D: ).

And having Krissy as your main Warlord still isn't a terrible idea. Especially if your facing undead. The Justice Army is pretty cool against dead things, but a standard Crusader list is too. You still get Holy Light, lots of Healing, Holy Burst (innate in w/ Krissy). There's just more options now. Don't fall into the trap of just limiting yourself to one list or the other. Both are perfectly viable.

And the way the book talked, they seem to be having more sublists in the works.

The faction book just read that way wherever they were talking about specific things to that list or sublist, they would say this does not include other Crusader sublists. etc...

Gave me a real feel that more sub-lists will be forthcoming.

A Krissy specific list would be awesome.

SD

Speaking of the different warlords and themed armies; is Lady Jehanne supposed to be part of the Ivy Crown group? My (limited) understanding is that you have the templars, the justicars, the nuns, and the IC, is that right?

Of course, I have NO idea where the Lion's Lancers or hospitaliers fit into that. :wacko:

Now you are getting into why I really love this book. Every single unit and character has a full 2-3+ paragraphs dedicated to their background.

Lady Jehanne was disguised as a boy until she was 15 when she ran away. She then helped a wounded knight against some raiding bandits. So he tought her how to fight, etc.. great story. She is part of the IC Light Lancers so yes.

The Lion's Lancers are Templars and are in the army of Justice.

And the Hospitalers are exactly that. Doctors/Nurses who run the hospice at Saint Geonovia. It is controlled and run by the Mother Superior Krissy. So they would fall into the same class as the Nuns.

I still have a ton of reading, it is a very intricate web. And what is so cool is there is a lot of disention in the ranks. Something I was a bit surprised at. Didn't realize there was so much politics trying to gum up the works.

If you like good background info to build your armies around, you are going to love this.

SD

Couple other things of interest. (I'm hoping Reaper doesn't get upset if I'm giving away too much. )

But hospitalers can be treated as adept or as a non-unique elite.

So if you have a couple leaders with elite slots, you could pop a hospitaler in each one. But you cannot combine this with Gerard's Wolf ability.

Another one that jumped out at me was the SA Distract. Maybe I read it wrong on what was posted. When I read what was posted I thought it was pretty lame. But after reading the rule in the book it has me wondering if I shouldn't add in a pack of dogs. I just wish they were not so high point wise.

Distract subtracts 1 from the enemy's MA's, Defensive strikes and DIS!! That's right. And they do stack. They can take the melee attacks to 0, but d.strike will always be at least 1. Nothing on Discipline. So could it go in the negatives???

Anyway, it lasts until the distracting models next turn. So if you have 3 troops and he runs up and begins to distract, and then you wait to move the dogs last on your next turn, you could get 2 full turns of distraction from a single invoke action.

But my theory now is, let a pack of 3-4 dogs run up and distract a model. Then have a couple models run up to it and with all the support from the dogs knock it down and offer it mercy. It gets 1 strike back. But it now testing for mercy at a -3 or -4 dis.

Oh yea... :bday:

Not sure how I missed that one before. Or maybe it wasn't posted that way, not sure.

Anyway if Reaper does feel I'm posting too much, just let me know. I feel the real reason to get the book is the fluff anyway on top of having the rules available to you.

SD

I wouldn't think you would have to worry too much about your knights becoming adepts. I would assume since the core-book list is supposedly still valid, you could keep fielding your old lists. That would mean that you could use the core-book data cards in the core book list. Otherwise the list wouldn't really be valid anymore.

I wouldn't think you would have to worry too much about your knights becoming adepts. I would assume since the core-book list is supposedly still valid, you could keep fielding your old lists. That would mean that you could use the core-book data cards in the core book list. Otherwise the list wouldn't really be valid anymore.

Very True, you just couldn't field ANY of the new goodies!

I'm not really worried about it, I've only got 9 Knights anyway, and while I've considered buying another 2 packs I'll have to think about it now.

I did have a sweet 2000 point army list made up that I have to scratch now though, because it fielded a ton of Knights in various units, along with a unit of Hospitaliers. No biggie though.

From the perspective of limiting myself to Templars, I do so 1 because I prefer the way they look, and 2 because I have yet to see a datacard outside of the Templars (with the exception of the Hospilaliers) that I am really pumped up about getting.

Next up on my list, 3 packs of Justicars I think.