Denelspire

I could, I'm just not sure I want another Broderick...I have one already, and I have 2 Brannor's...I should pick up IronRaven because of that damned cool spear now. While I use Captains far more than I use Sgts in my Crusader army, I alreay have too many. I Dunno, I have thought about the box, I'll ponder it over the next little while since I have to wait for the it to be available online. (It's a tougher sell on me because I'm not a big fan of blue, and I rarely paint with blues, and plus, if I get hooked on teh MSPs there goews a tonne of money)

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could, I'm just not sure I want another Broderick...I have one already, and I have 2 Brannor's...I should pick up IronRaven because of that damned cool spear now. While I use Captains far more than I use Sgts in my Crusader army, I alreay have too many. I Dunno, I have thought about the box, I'll ponder it over the next little while since I have to wait for the it to be available online. (It's a tougher sell on me because I'm not a big fan of blue, and I rarely paint with blues, and plus, if I get hooked on teh MSPs there goews a tonne of money)

I gotcha. Though with the new boxes you get a ton of stuff. Besides the minis and paint (and I'll ALWAYS try to hook folks on MSP's, sorry. It's money well spent, believe you me), you get a cool painting guide, all the data cards for the new spells/figs/equipment, the book (obviously)and I think the new Broderick is way cooler than the origional.

It's just a helluva deal, IMO.

I gotcha. Though with the new boxes you get a ton of stuff. Besides the minis and paint (and I'll ALWAYS try to hook folks on MSP's, sorry. It's money well spent, believe you me), you get a cool painting guide, all the data cards for the new spells/figs/equipment, the book (obviously)and I think the new Broderick is way cooler than the origional.

You've sold me ! I love MSPs . :B): I just have to wait till it goes online otherwise wait several months till we see it here in Aussieland . :down:

Oh I must say , got my crusader cavalry today in the mail . Love 'em ! Only thing I can't see them being run unless I play 1500 + point games , though . :huh:

Do all models in 'The army of Justice' get Judgement? Or only certain ones?

Is Marcus Gideon part of 'The army of Justice'?

I don't disagree, it is a great deal, and I have little doubt that a switch from my current VGC and VMC paints to the MSP would be a nice one, it's simply a matter of money right now (Our car is slowly dying and we'll be deep in debt quickly with the purchanse of a new one).

The new Broderick is pretty cool, I agree, and he will likely eventually be part of my collection (Now all I need is a resculpt of Halbarad to go with all of the Captains I can field and give me even greater variety).

Yea, I would imagine so. But one of the best uses for them might be to hold them back behind some woods and have them run out and tie up a big beasty or character running around.

Even a character with 3-4 attacks could be completely shut down with Garr and 3 dogs.

Imagine a guardian angel or similar beast landing behind your lines. The dogs run up, distract it.

Now it has 0 attacks. As long as you don't attack it, it cannot even do a defensive strike. And if it wants to disengage it is at -4 to do it. Do you want your big nasty getting a shaken counter??

Or while 3 dogs distract, Garr starts to really tear into it with +3 to hit.

Add on cavalry to keep archers from tearing them up, and toughness so hospitilers have time to help them and these guys might be well worth it.

SD

Tying into the current "Dogs of War" discussion and the previous talk about themed armies, I came up with this 1500 pt. Fighting Company based around the Ivy Crown. Mind you, I was mostly just noodling around with the online data cards and thinking "What would look cool?"; so I'm not 100% sure how effective these guys would actually be. See what you think:

Company of the Ivy Crown

TROOP A:

Lady Jehanne +LMW +GMA 281 (6-14/2)

Isarah +LMA 74 Bless, Speed, Bandagex2 (+35)

Sir Damon +LMA +LMW 213

IC Lt. Lancers x4 (52ea.) +Troop Standard + Musician 233

(851)

TROOP B:

Garr 58

IC War Dogs x5 (43ea.) 215

(273)

TROOP C:

Acacia 80 (6/10/0)

IC Archers x5 (42ea.) 210

IC Skirmishers x4 (21ea.) 84

(374)

1498 ttl

(Edited re: Sergei's comments)

The Only Problem I see is that Garr is a 6-12 sgt, he can only take 5 war dogs (they're cavalery and take up 2 slots)

Besides that it looks good

A'doy!

Can you tell I don't normally work with Cavalry? :blink:

(Changed in army list)

Tying into the current "Dogs of War" discussion and the previous talk about themed armies, I came up with this 1500 pt. Fighting Company based around the Ivy Crown. Mind you, I was mostly just noodling around with the online data cards and thinking "What would look cool?"; so I'm not 100% sure how effective these guys would actually be. See what you think:

Company of the Ivy Crown

TROOP A:

Sir Damon +LMA +LMW 213

(851)

TROOP B:

Garr 58

(273)

TROOP C:

Acacia 80 (6/10/0)

(374)

1498 ttl

I could be wrong, but your elite's ratio (1:4) is screwed up. Jehanne would need eight total models at least. In order to make it fit, you'd need to probably take out one light lancer, and put in two non-mounted troops. Otherwise, two elites are not allowed, IIRC

Company of the Ivy Crown

TROOP A:

Sir Damon +LMA +LMW 213

(851)

TROOP B:

Garr 58

(273)

TROOP C:

Acacia 80 (6/10/0)

(374)

1498 ttl

I could be wrong, but your elite's ratio (1:4) is screwed up. Jehanne would need eight total models at least. In order to make it fit, you'd need to probably take out one light lancer, and put in two non-mounted troops. Otherwise, two elites are not allowed, IIRC

Don't cavalry count double for elite to grunt/adept ratios?