Denelspire

Tying into the current "Dogs of War" discussion and the previous talk about themed armies, I came up with this 1500 pt. Fighting Company based around the Ivy Crown. Mind you, I was mostly just noodling around with the online data cards and thinking "What would look cool?"; so I'm not 100% sure how effective these guys would actually be. See what you think:

Company of the Ivy Crown

TROOP A:

Lady Jehanne +LMW +GMA 281 (6-14/2)

Isarah +LMA 74 Bless, Speed, Bandagex2 (+35)

Sir Damon +LMA +LMW 213

IC Lt. Lancers x4 (52ea.) +Troop Standard + Musician 233

(851)

TROOP B:

Garr 58

IC War Dogs x5 (43ea.) 215

(273)

TROOP C:

Acacia 80 (6/10/0)

IC Archers x5 (42ea.) 210

IC Skirmishers x4 (21ea.) 84

(374)

1498 ttl

(Edited re: Sergei's comments)

I could be wrong, but your elite's ratio (1:4) is screwed up. Jehanne would need eight total models at least. In order to make it fit, you'd need to probably take out one light lancer, and put in two non-mounted troops. Otherwise, two elites are not allowed, IIRC

No, she CAN indeed have two elites. They still take up 2 slots, but only one elite slot per.

Example: Daman as a Cav model takes up 2 slots. Being an elite, he would take up one elite slot, and another for a standard troop type in Jahanne's. So It's two slots. One elite, one standard. The same applies to any other mounted elite.

This was covered in the Warlord Rules forum. But I'm lazy and at work. So no linky for you.

EDIT!!! Ooops...this'll teach me to read closer before I reply... Yes, Jahanne would need one more model in the troop to be able to have both elites.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if you wanted to keep an all-mounted troop, would you drop Damon or Isarah? Or would you do something completely different?

Link to original discussion:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19445

Quote of my possible solution:

Granted, here is an idea:

Jehanne + Mounted Elite + 3 Cavalry models + 2-3 Hospitaliers (Ronins) + 2nd Mounted Elite, or Elite (Ronin)

That would work out, as the Ronins would not have to worry about Cohesion. Just a thought, and about the only way I can think of that would let you get 2 Elites with her, while keeping the unit still viable.

Either that or you could take foot troops as a mop up unit that follow your Cavalry, cohesion likely wouldn't be an issue either most of the time. Kelcore has suggested that he combined Mounted and Foot troops quite effectively in playtesting.

I picked up my copy of the faction book today. Two of us were waiting for the UPS man to arrive, and opening the box was almost like Christmas. Wow! I'm very impressed. I have only had a chance to browse thorugh it, but I saw all sorts of things that I really like. The problem is that the other guy who picked up the book is playing Crusaders against me on Saturday. This is gonna hurt! :poke:

Castlebuilder

I picked up my copy of the faction book today. Two of us were waiting for the UPS man to arrive, and opening the box was almost like Christmas. Wow! I'm very impressed. I have only had a chance to browse thorugh it, but I saw all sorts of things that I really like. The problem is that the other guy who picked up the book is playing Crusaders against me on Saturday. This is gonna hurt! :poke:

Castlebuilder

Alrighty, I'm wondering if MI is the only state that dosen't have the stinkin' things yet... :angry:

Castlebuilder

Alrighty, I'm wondering if MI is the only state that dosen't have the stinkin' things yet... :angry:

Haven't seen in MD yet, either AFAIK. :down:

You ain't the only ones, bro. Us poor Agentites are still waiting for ours... or since I'm the only one who plays Crusaders here... mine.

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to Warlord, and am drafting up an army for our 1250 games on the 25th. I thought I'd wait to post til I got the book, but I want some help now. I think I got all the points fixed in my list, but I'm 9 points over. How should this be tweaked?

Rascal's 1250 pt. Crusader Army

Actual Point Cost- 1259

Troop A 412/9 units

C Iron Raven 108

H Marcus Gideon 127

G Templar Warriors x5 135

G Ironspines x2 42

Troop B 290/7 units

S Acacia 80

A Ivy Crown Archer x4 168

G Ivy Crown Skirmishers x2 42

Troop C 187/4 units

S Garr 58

A Ivy Crown War Dogs x3 129

Troop D 185/6 units

S Malcolm 36

A Justicar x3 93

A Hospitalier x2 56

Troop E 185

Guardian Beast 185

I'd suggest doing one of two things to free up points, all of them would give you extra points to play with:

1) Remove Acacia (gain 80 points = 71 points after deficit), add Conlan (30), add 3rd Skirmisher (21), add 2 Bless spells (10) add add Standard to Troop A (10) = 71 points = 1250 points

2) Remove Ironraven (108-9 = 99 after deficit), add Brannor (73), add 2 Bandage spells (20), and a Bless Spell (5) = 98 points = 1249 points

Well after all my posting, talking and thinking about it, I'll be getting in my first full game tomorrow. I'm really psyched about it.

I think I'm going to go with my 750 point army of:

Justicars & hospitilars

Battle Nuns

Light Cavalry.

I'll be going up against elves I'm pretty sure. But it might also be the reptus or a 4th guy who is waffaling on what he will bring so no telling. We will try and get in 2 games, but depends on how smooth the rules go.

SD

Well after all my posting, talking and thinking about it, I'll be getting in my first full game tomorrow. I'm really psyched about it.

I think I'm going to go with my 750 point army of:

Justicars & hospitilars

Battle Nuns

Light Cavalry.

I'll be going up against elves I'm pretty sure. But it might also be the reptus or a 4th guy who is waffaling on what he will bring so no telling. We will try and get in 2 games, but depends on how smooth the rules go.

SD

Make sure and use cover to avoid the Elf archers. If you can get the battle nuns into contact they are great, but when I've played them they are friggin' arrow magnets! :wacko:

Castlebuilder

Thanks for the suggestions. Yea we plan on putting a lot of terrain on. And I'm planning on building walls of troops that march across with the hospitilars spread out behind.

So either he will go for the volly or direct shots to take out the nuns/justicars in which case I run the hospitilers up to heal the next turn.

Or they do indirect volleys on the hospitelers where they will only get in 1-2 of them. And the nuns and justicars move up the field unscathed.

Meanwhile the light cav will work their way aorund the terrain and try to get to his archers quickly and shut down his shooting.

We will see how the tactic works.

SD

I'd suggest doing one of two things to free up points, all of them would give you extra points to play with:

1) Remove Acacia (gain 80 points = 71 points after deficit), add Conlan (30), add 3rd Skirmisher (21), add 2 Bless spells (10) add add Standard to Troop A (10) = 71 points = 1250 points

2) Remove Ironraven (108-9 = 99 after deficit), add Brannor (73), add 2 Bandage spells (20), and a Bless Spell (5) = 98 points = 1249 points

1) By taking out Acacia, that would remove my ability to volley, correct?

2) Are bandages needed with hospitaliers?

I think I like #2 better, but have never played with archers, I may be overplaying them abit. Archers have always been a thorn in my side, so I decided if I can't beat 'em, join 'em.

And should I worry about equipment? The few games I've played, Standards have helped me a great deal, and armor never really hurt me, but are numbers more important? (I.E. having a skirmisher vs. 2 standards?) What are some peoples' school of thought on equipping the Crusaders?

You cannot move and do a volley, but you could still use your marksmen to get 8 shots for the volley.

You could even go down to 3 archers = 6 shots for the volley, but if you lose one you are out of luck.

What is nice with the setup you have is with marskmen you get enought shots for the bigger radius.

Hospitalers do not need the bandage spell. They are not spell casters. They just get to auto-bandage anyone they are in base to base with as a invoke skill. Very sweet. They are also ronin so don't have to worry about staying close to their own units. But with only 1 wound and no toughness anything at all will kill them.

I prefer more guys on the field than equipment. But it depends on your plans and your objectives.

1. Do you just want your group to look good. Nothing beats a standard to make a unit look better.

2. Do you plan on using mercy a lot. If so, the +1 dis from a standard works great.

3. Are you plan on moving straight up and hitting his force head on, then no musician is required, another guy is probably more worth while.

4. Is this troop supposed to move very rapidly to outflank/outmanuever your opponent. Then the 15 points for the mus. is probably worth it.

Hope that helps,

SD