Denelspire

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok need a little help. I'm building up my army to take it up to 1250 points from the base 750.

Wanted to try a couple of new things so here is what I got:

Base list:

Troop 1:

Sir Broderick

3x Justicars (mus)

4xHospitilers

2x Ironspines

Troop 2:

Sir Malcolm

3x Templar Knights (mus)

2x Ironspines

Troop 3:

Herne Light Lancer

3x Light Lancer (mus)

Troop 4:

Sir Danel

3x Lion Lancers (mus)

Troop 5:

Hound of Judgement

This comes up to 1229 points. So I have 31 points left to play with. Here were my options:

1. Add in another Justicar in Troop 1

2. Add in another TK in Troop 2

3. Upgrade the HoJ to the Gaurdian Beast

4. Give Broderick, Herne and Danel Divine Favor

5. Give Broderick and Danel Lesser magic armor

6. Give Broderick Greater Magic Armor

So which one would you go with. And what do you think of the additions?

SD

Justicars are plain nasty with that DV 10 / 8 thing.

But using the Lancers = default list, so no DV 8 thing. Still I would go with the extra Justicar.

Ok, I'm not looking for perfection, but I've found another little thing that is niggling at me so I'll get it off of my chest, why doesn't the Guardian Angel get Judgement in the Sub-list, or for that matter why doesn't it have Judgement all of the time as a SA. The re-wroking of the points cost, and addition of Summoned(cleric) are already substantial changes, so I'm a bit suprised that the other Celestials (Hound, and Guardian Beast) got it while the poor Angel didn't.

More curious as the reasoning than anything else (same with my previous question about 'The Wolf' faction ability not being given tot he sub-list, just curious as to why?).

Justicars are plain nasty with that DV 10 / 8 thing.

But using the Lancers = default list, so no DV 8 thing. Still I would go with the extra Justicar.

Ok, I'm not looking for perfection, but I've found another little thing that is niggling at me so I'll get it off of my chest, why doesn't the Guardian Angel get Judgement in the Sub-list, or for that matter why doesn't it have Judgement all of the time as a SA. The re-wroking of the points cost, and addition of Summoned(cleric) are already substantial changes, so I'm a bit suprised that the other Celestials (Hound, and Guardian Beast) got it while the poor Angel didn't.

More curious as the reasoning than anything else (same with my previous question about 'The Wolf' faction ability not being given tot he sub-list, just curious as to why?).

Probably for fluff reasons ! :blink: Not everything is going to have the same SA's . :ph34r:

I can see an IC list pretty easily with Lady Jehanne leading that one.

But I can also see a Battle Nun force from the Order at Denelspire and the Hospice of Saint Gianovia.

The Mother Superior Krsty running it.

Battle nuns would become grunts.

Hospitilers would become grunts. (oh yea)

Sister Mejeda would become non-unique

And a few others like TK's would still be allowed.

We would need a few captain Senior sisters to step up as captains.

But the summoned beasts would all be non-unique.

SD

Do we know why there is only 1 sub-list for the Crusaders?

no Ivy Crown, no ... actually thats the only other one I can come up with.

Not complaining, but I was thinking that there would be at least 2 subfactions, possibly 3. Besides AoJ, I really thought there was going to be an Ivy Crown sublist and possibly a cavalry one. The default Crusader list is kind of like the Ivy Crown, I guess, since you could create an army entirely of IC models if you want. As for an all cavalry list, although the Crusaders have a larger variety of cavalry models than anyone else so far, it probably still wouldn't be a viable option. Sure, they'd be fast, but they're so expensive that you'd probably be grossly outnumbered against any other army you play against. And once you get into close combat, speed is basically a non-issue whereas numbers rule the day.

But, with two new Warlords, an awesome new sublist, and great cover art* to boot, Crusaders are still the best faction around! :bday:

* Really nice painting for the cover art, except that Krissy seems to be suffering from the "breasts-bigger-than-her-head" syndrome that seems to afflict almost all female fantasy characters.

:ph34r:::P:

I see the Default list as an Ivy Crown list for the most part. I don't have any problem with limiting the number of sub-fations to 1 in each book, I don't want to many, it would begin to make things confusing and cluttered in my opinion when you have 10 faction books, and 10 more sub-lists, plus 10 main book sub-lists it is going to be enough.

Probably for fluff reasons !

Possibly, but the fluff support the Justicars being a stronger element in the Army of Justice, and their lack of desire to grant their enemies mercy, rather than vanquishing them. So it seems strange that 'The Wolf' ability which lets you take a unit of Adepts as Grunts, and therefore allows you to field 2 unitsof Justicars in a default list, is absent from the sub-list. So you can only take 1 unit of Justicars in the a 1000 point sub-list. Keep in mind I don't think 2 would be unbalancing, since in order to take them you would have to field Duke Gerard, and in such a small game he would be a liability.

The Angel doesn't need any help, I agree, but giving him Justice seems extremely fitting.

I have to agree, once all the faction books are out Warlord will go one of 3 directions:

Explore another region of Taltos

Go more in depth with already present factions

Be put aside in favor of another game (Aicom for example)