Denelspire

I'm noticing a pattern there, brushmaster! ::D:

I'm assuming you believe the Lions are very favorably costed? I've never played with or against them myself, but they do look promising.

I love your archer unit in List #2. I too was planning the beefed up Acacia w/ 6 Archers when I take a big enough army. I didn't know if 1000 points was big enough to use so many points on hidden archers. :-)

have you used these lists? Does one work better than the others?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is Ross has the Lion's there simply because they are the only non-unique solitaire under 100 points in the Crusader list, so they are the one of the few options for getting extra initiative cards.

I've never used a Lion, but they look fairly promising, even with their recent price bump.

On the topic of Mercy vs. Army of Justice.

I think there are a couple major factors. First, if you are playing against a force that has a large number of Evil models with Tough I think that an Army of Justice list is instantly worth while. +1 MAV for alot of your models (and stacks with a totem) not to mention the auto-coup-de-grace on top of this.

If you arn't playing against a an Evil army if offers two major advantages:

1) You can take heeps of Templar Knights, which most people would probably rank as being one of the better basic soldier models in the game (now that they are adept they can only be used as a basic soldier model in an army of Justice or core rulebook force). I have 12 or 15 of these guys, and I don't have any other Crusader Grunts besides Unforgiven and Ironspines, so if I want to field my models the Army of Justice is very tempting.

2) Minimum DV 8, this comes into play big time if you are going character heavy, or if you are taking taking Justicars.

In reality, if I am going to go with an army of Justice I can't see myself not bringing Justicars, as the Army of Justic rules seem custom made for them.

The thing I struggle with about going army of Justice more than losing Mercy is losing the ability to take Hospitaliers (I have 2 blisters of the guys sitting unopened).

If I was going Army of Justice at 1000 point I would be tempted to go in this direction:

1000 point Army of Justice; 26 models, 3 cards, 996 points

Troop 1:

Sir Brannor

+4xBandage

+Page

+Familiar

Halbarad

+6xBandage

Justicarsx6

Unforgivenx2

=528

Troop 2:

Sir Conlan

Templar Warriorsx6

Ironspinesx2

=234

Troop 3:

Sir Conlan

Templar Warriorsx6

Ironspinesx2

=234

Possible adjustments:

1) Trade Page for 2 Bless spelss, one each for the Conlans, or for Divine Favor for Halbarad

2) Remove Brannor+spells and Equip, add Lord Ironraven + Spear of Aurellius and Divine Favor for Halbarad.

3 very solid units, plenty of healing in Troop 1 to bring your Justicars up to full effectiveness. One major flaw, a lack of initiative cards, most players will out initiative you by a substantial magin. But this is very often the case when using Crusaders.

Food for thought anyway.

@ Gus: Having played Army of Justice almost exclusively for the past few weeks, here's what I've found:

Against the evil guys, the list is real good. Awesome, really. I've taken it against both Necros and Razig's, as well as a game against Darkspawn. Against the Necros, it is dominating. I sent my Justicars against an equally sized squad of Blood Knights, and fared real well. Thier Judgement helps tons. Against Razig's, it fared a little worse, with the Razig player being very shooty. It still did well. I dominated the Darkspawn, but I think I'd rather have mercy against them. The player was really inexperienced.

Now against the neutral/good factions... Against Reven, it was fairly worthless. The one game I played against Reven, the guys dice were on fire, though. He was fielding a Bull Orc list, and his archers hit all the shots he needed, and my Justicars were thinned enough that a few turns in combat finished them all. That one was a hard one to finish. Against an Elf army, I whupped 'em real quick, but the fella didn't play very well to begin with, and only had 4 archers. The fella is in love with the deathseekers, and I helped him find death real good.

To sum it up, I think when I'm not playing against Nefsokar, Necropolis and Razig's, I'll take the default list. When going against an undead heavy list, I like the Army of Justice. But you do get outnumbered more than usual with a Justice list.

List #1 is my Army of Justice list and the lions are so effective when their DV never drops below 8 . :blink:

I'd never use this against anything but against our Necropolis player after rediscovering how good Mercy is against big critters ! ::D:

The problem is, you often don't know what you are facing, for example, should you decide to play in a tournament, I assume you'd submit your list as either 'default' or 'army of justice' prior to the games being played, or knwinf who your opponents are. I wouldn't think it very fair to decide to play a default list after you find out your opponent is playing a Neutral or Good army against you.

What , you've never used army list tailored to meet a certain opposition ?

I rarely do myself. I just don't care for doing it very much and it usually ends up being a gimmick army that doesn't work if your opposition changes his army a bit. I like to have a good balanced army that relies on it's own strengths rather than trying to exploit my opponent's weaknesses.

William

:blues:

What , you've never used army list tailored to meet a certain opposition ? :blink:<_<

When you enter a tournament, how do you know what everyone is playing ahead of time?

Heck, even if you are just playing with your friends on a firday night, how do you know what they are gonna bring that night?

And if somehow you do know what army your friend is going to be bringing to a friendly friday night game, and you come with an army tailored just to beat whatever he has, then I would have a hard time calling you much of a friend. :rock:

What , you've never used army list tailored to meet a certain opposition ? :blink:<_<

It is nuch better to have an army that could combat several different kinds of opponents at the same time as opposed to having an army tailored to fight only oune kind of opponent.

Ok , so hands up anyone who would use a mage against Nekfosar . I'm not be cheesy or unfriendly , I just won't use certain things that "I" know won't work . It all depends on what I want to do , either sit back and shoot , then ambush them as they come in or charge right into the teeth of the enemy ! :poke:

Ok , so hands up anyone who would use a mage against Nekfosar . I'm not be cheesy or unfriendly , I just won't use certain things that "I" know won't work . It all depends on what I want to do , either sit back and shoot , then ambush them as they come in or charge right into the teeth of the enemy ! :poke:

The issue (for me anyway), is 'how on Earth do you know what you are going up against?' I just cannot imagine a scenario in which I would know for sure that I am going up against Nefoskar. Obviously in a tournament, you will be going against many different types of armies. If in that tourney you saw I was setting up my nefsokar, and you quickly changed armies because of it, I would ask the judge to DQ you.

As for casual games, I play in a weekly monday night Warlord group. I have no idea week-to-week what my various opponents are bringing that week. If you knew I was just getting into Warlord, and was just building my first army, and every week you came with an army designed specifically to beat me, I would stop playing against you.

So, I ask again, how do you know what you are going to be playing against?

I typicaly (sp) know the people who I will be playing with, and since most people have a favorite army and style of play it is possible to plan for them.

Doesn't always work out, but you can typically tell what you are going to need. If you have 3 guys in your group who love nefsokar, then don't put 40% of your points in magic.

I typicaly (sp) know the people who I will be playing with, and since most people have a favorite army and style of play it is possible to plan for them.

Doesn't always work out, but you can typically tell what you are going to need. If you have 3 guys in your group who love nefsokar, then don't put 40% of your points in magic.

Like Mooseyjoe says ! ::D: Like one person I play against always uses Crypt Legion and I plan accordingly , then once in a while he changes his list and surprises me ! :blink:

OK, I gotcha. ::):

If I played against someone who brought the same army week after week, I'd obviously start playing accordingly. I just didn't think someone would be so boring. ::D:

I'm glad to hear your kicking him in the pants gets him to change up his list now and then! ::D: