Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Denelspire

She'll be an equipment upgrade (but not equipment, just the best way we could represent it in the game system) that has a currently not set-in-stone effect for Kristianna. However, Kristianna as represented on her data card is her at pretty much full power; the addon with the squire is going to be a very small thing.

For those of you who don't think she's worth it for a Warlord, most people who've played her in our testing wonder why in the world anyone would take Gerard or Jehanne after seeing her effectiveness on the field ::D:.

after reading the affects of holy burst, i could understand that. Cleric abilities enough to teleport, and the innate ability to mass heal / damage?

And then summon one of those judgment dogs too?

Yes, she will be very affective.

Yeah, but summoning takes up her combat action; while it's helpful for some models with summon to not be deployed at the start I normally deploy them as usual to ensure my cleric doesn't get killed before I can bring things in (or, even worse, be too busy healing to summon).

For those of you who don't think she's worth it for a Warlord, most people who've played her in our testing wonder why in the world anyone would take Gerard or Jehanne after seeing her effectiveness on the field .

244 pt - blah . To get any use out of her you'll have to spend so many points there will nothing left for the rest of the army ! :blink: Lets say , for example : we''ll give her a few Dispells , armour and weapons upgrades , a couple of Bandages , maybe a Teleport or a Speed or even a Hold Spell , add in Divine Favour and I'll cost more than 400 pts . :blink::blink::blink:

Fankly , I can not the use of sink lots of pts into one model effective when you only has to get luck and kablooey , game over !!

Wont stop me buying the mini but I wont use her in battle . I did yesterday (a proxie ) she was dead in 2 turns to combined elven archery and magic , and a suicidal Giant Eagle . She got hit by a volley and I didn't give her Divine Favour , also the elven player got the initiative drop on me . :down:

Honestly, I wouldn't even consider giving her any weapons upgrades period. Drop a 30 point GMA, give her 3 Dispels, and go have fun.

Of course, there are some Crusader troops she's really effective being around, and they aren't released yet, so my experience is a little different than what you may see in testing. Wait a few weeks and you'll start to get a better idea of how much fun MK can be ::D:.

Of course, there are some Crusader troops she's really effective being around, and they aren't released yet, so my experience is a little different than what you may see in testing. Wait a few weeks and you'll start to get a better idea of how much fun MK can be

They'll want to be super cheap and/or super fantastic . :unsure: I'm not one for putting all my eggs in one basket . A first glance , I thought great but .......she got sucky armor , virtually no attacks and no weapon skill . :down:

Honestly, I wouldn't even consider giving her any weapons upgrades period. Drop a 30 point GMA, give her 3 Dispels, and go have fun.

With a mere DV of 8 , how's a Dispel going to help , and before you say keep her in cover , thats not always possible and if someone has a fast moving troop , its all over ! :wacko:

Dispel has nothing to do with DV; you dispel against a target number of 10. Her CP would be boosted by +2 also since if she's being hit by an AoE spell she'd be the target of the dispel.

And why would you ever have her in a position where other troops can get to her? She's not a Melee Warlord and was never designed to be; keep her in the thick of things but keep her protected.

And why would you ever have her in a position where other troops can get to her? She's not a Melee Warlord and was never designed to be; keep her in the thick of things but keep her protected.

Before I get upset , did you read my prevoius post

and before you say keep her in cover , thats not always possible and if someone has a fast moving troop , its all over !

OK , I not privvy to the "NEW" model that wil supposably "Work" well her , but unless she's supporting a troop which has tough SA , what the use ? ::o: She's a level 3 Cleric , so what there's always the Angel !

I'm unmpressed with her stats but I love the model ! :blush:

Can anyone give me an example of using Finari and tell me she better than 2 Knights !

You know what's the strangest thing about Kristianna is that she only has 1 attack and yet the model is sculpted with 2 sword! :blink::blink:

The Ronin on the Hound is an ability that popped up when it shouldn't be there; we'll doublecheck to make sure the doggy didn't pay for it.

Goldeneagle, thanks for the followup. I love the message boards.

So the next faction book will most likely be Crusaders huh. Still it seems when a new Warlord hits the stage its a gurantee it ain't gonna be a soft landing as far as noise is conserned.

@ Brushmaster

Hey if you don't want a caster Warlord with the innate abilities to mass heal her troops the dwarves will take her :wub:

Loading her up with spells and magics, she'd still be cheaper compared to the King.

It sounds to me though you just preffer melee warlords to casters warlords.