Reaperbryan

Slave Pits of Craclaw

Thank you very much, Qwyksilver and Storminator.

Qwyksilver for already having answered a couple of my questions in this forum und and Storminator for breaking his silence and giving a looong answer to me.

I helped a lot, I think, I will soon spend too much money on table top minis - again!

Thanks again,

Arcane

Ymilrix is a melee machine. He fights like a melee Warlord, for about 2/3 the points. I like to use Balthon and Teleport to get him into combat quickly. I've seen him destroy entire troops, by himself, more than once. If you're going to upgrade his weapon, go all the way for a Greater Magic Weapon. He already has a high enough MAV that another point or 2 isn't impressive, but the extra attack means piles of dead foes around him.

My only time fighting Yermie I saw him choke and get beat down by Ivy Crown archers. I guess that I'll have to take Ed...er...I mean Storminator's word for it.........:rolleyes:

I hope to get to my O'lord army soon, so I hope to find out for myself.

Castlebuilder

Been on the receiving end of Ymrilix nearly wiping out a troop on his own.

Ymrilix + Greater Magic Weapon (4 attacks at MAV 6, and since Pete usually fields a Battle Totem, that's +7 :blink: ) is scary enough as it is. Having Balthon Tport him 24 inches into the back of your ranks. DEADLY.

You move you models in a circle around you casters to protect them, and then Ashcrypt or Arik drop a Firestorm your arse.

Storm,

I thought that the Chevys become adepts or something like that in an all OLord group.....? Or is it just non-unique?

I've used a unit of Corvus, 4 warriors, and 3 bondslaves to great effect. Just shove them down your enemy's throat and watch him choke.

Kevis makes a good back-up mage for Ashkrypt. But Arik usually works better.

Ymrillix is a demon, plain and simple. He's your warlord killer. Ashkrypt doesn't fare too well in melee, but Ymrillix...well...just count the bodies and decide for yourself.

The Warriors are among the best in the game. They're walking tanks. Only the Crusader Knights beat them for defensive ability.

The number one thing to remember when playing Overlords: That Golem does NOT have warmaster.

My only time fighting Yermie I saw him choke and get beat down by Ivy Crown archers. I guess that I'll have to take Ed...er...I mean Storminator's word for it.........:rolleyes:

Castlebuilder

Blah blah blah, the sun even sines on a archer's butt some days. You know, I'm still stinging from that. Ymrilix all gussied up with every possible item I coould pu ton him, a sucessful teleport and three dead archers. And what do you roll? 2 - 10's for defensive strikes! I could have cried! It really sucked after he got mercied and I spent the rest of the game trying to kill my own cuisenart. :down:

I'm still stinging from that...

It's too bad that the crossbowmen became adepts, but I've learned to make it work. Don't discount them, they are knight killers, plain and simple.

Also what's with the lack of love for Ashy-poo? Ashkrypt is da man! Horrid and Vile? Bring it on, I dare you to charge me! Especially with Life Transfer hanging around now. :devil:

Castlebuilder

Blah blah blah, the sun even sines on a archer's butt some days. You know, I'm still stinging from that. Ymrilix all gussied up with every possible item I coould pu ton him, a sucessful teleport and three dead archers. And what do you roll? 2 - 10's for defensive strikes! I could have cried! It really sucked after he got mercied and I spent the rest of the game trying to kill my own cuisenart. :down:

I'm still stinging from that...

Hehheheh...I'll never forget the look on your face when that happened either, Freefall. Even as I was staring down the barrel of both both Storminator's Overlords, and Qwyksilvers' Reven, that just made me giggle like a school-girl! Castlebuilder done good with that one!

Ymrilix + Greater Magic Weapon (4 attacks at MAV 6, and since Pete usually fields a Battle Totem, that's +7 :blink: )

I thougt, the GMW and the Battle Totem wouldn`t stack?

Arcane

Ymrilix + Greater Magic Weapon (4 attacks at MAV 6, and since Pete usually fields a Battle Totem, that's +7 :blink: )

I thougt, the GMW and the Battle Totem wouldn`t stack?

Arcane

They don't stack. GMW and Ym gets 4 attacks at +7. I've also been using the Battle Totem, which gives Ym 3 attacks at +6. Qwyk is confused. ::P:

Either way it's a world of hurt for somebody. :devil:

PS

Misinformation or not I kinda like the existence of non-theorhetical information cuz' I NEVER get the honor of fightin' Overlords.

They don't stack. GMW and Ym gets 4 attacks at +7. I've also been using the Battle Totem, which gives Ym 3 attacks at +6. Qwyk is confused. ::P:

Either way it's a world of hurt for somebody. :devil:

PS

Well, if you kept your army the exact same way instead of changing it every time and gave me a better chance to beat you, I wouldn't be so confused ::D: Besides, all those shots to the head from Yummy keep my head spinning.