Reaperbryan

Slave Pits of Craclaw

BROKEN

::D::poke:

Yep, it's official. Ivy Crown Archers are broken in Melee Combat! :blink:

I swear Thane, one day we're going to let you live that down. I mean eventually we'll all die of old age!

PS

BROKEN

::D::poke:

Yep, it's official. Ivy Crown Archers are broken in Melee Combat! :blink:

I swear Thane, one day we're going to let you live that down. I mean eventually we'll all die of old age!

PS

And of course, ti would have to be me that it happens to, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

An in front of so many people at a major convention to boot. You sure know when to screw up! It was a priviledge to hammer you so effectively. (Of course, we won't bring up AshKrap and that stoopid firestorm spell......)

And of course, ti would have to be me that it happens to, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

It's not our fault that Vince so generously left all his Elven archers in that nice, tight formation at the top of the hill only 16 inches from Pete's spellcaster. I thought it was Arik though, not Ashkrypt that did that, unless there was another incident on the other side of the table I missed because of the fact we were usually doing 2-3 activations at a time.

It's not our fault that Vince so generously left all his Elven archers in that nice, tight formation at the top of the hill only 16 inches from Pete's spellcaster. I thought it was Arik though, not Ashkrypt that did that, unless there was another incident on the other side of the table I missed because of the fact we were usually doing 2-3 activations at a time.

Yeah, they hammered my Crusader knights on the other end of the table too. Gotta love a battle with so much mayhem that you can't keep track of it all!

Castlebuilder

I have a question about the "Fear the Whip" Rule. When do I say that I use the tighter command radius?

At the start of the battle, during set up?

Can I change the command radius during battle?

Arcane

I have a question about the "Fear the Whip" Rule. When do I say that I use the tighter command radius?

At the start of the battle, during set up?

Can I change the command radius during battle?

Arcane

It doesn't require the Invoke Special Ability action (if it did it would clearly say that) so I think you can use it at any time. I generally assume that if I use it for a troop during a turn, it applies for the rest of that turn, and is reset at the start of the next turn.

In general there are so few conditions that actually need cohesion that you could just say it's always on and you wouldn't be badly off.

PS

Well, I just finished my overlord army at the RAC. I was wondering how much all of you mix model types in a given unit. do you tend to field the same types of grunts together or do you mix it up. Examples would be appreciated. Also how big of a unit do you usually take for any given grunt type?

Im looking forward to enslaving all opponents in Taltos.

S.

Andras is very cool after you cut and file the candle stick off his helmet. Overlord armor looks great painted with the new gunmetal blue. I too spent wayyy too much money on Overlord models at the RAC.

Chris- Overlord of Craclaw in training.

Andras is very cool after you cut and file the candle stick off his helmet. Overlord armor looks great painted with the new gunmetal blue. I too spent wayyy too much money on Overlord models at the RAC.

Chris- Overlord of Craclaw in training.

Does this mean you'll actually be playing at RCON '06.

Well, I just finished my overlord army at the RAC. I was wondering how much all of you mix model types in a given unit. do you tend to field the same types of grunts together or do you mix it up. Examples would be appreciated. Also how big of a unit do you usually take for any given grunt type?

Im looking forward to enslaving all opponents in Taltos.

S.

I mostly use the warriors, and put a few spearmen in with them. Xbows are usually in a troop by themselves or with a warrior or two. Bondslaves have exactly 2 uses: 1) the horde with Iks, where you can bring 20 guys in a troop, 2) to use as Do Your Duty with any of the important leaders/elites.

In any case, I'll usually have one large troop, and a couple smaller troops (Corvus and 3 warriors, frex). I'll often use Andras, 2 elites, and 5 grunts as a troop. Any of the elites in almost any combination can work here. I try to bring at least one spearman for every Andras, since he has Trencher.

PS

I have not played with OLords yet, but I have played against them a couple times (against the person writing the OLord book no less).

Granted there were restrictions in play at the time so I dont know how he would have changed his TO&E had the ruleset been more open.

But, he did really well taking advantage of the RANKED SA putting xbows buddy up against grunts using their high DV as shields. He also had a few 3 man teams of 2 TRENCHERED grunts and a REACH spearman in the rear. Of course he threw in some other stuff too, but this combination worked fairly effectively.

He said he liked using bondslaves too, but with our scenario he had to choose one or the other.

I can't Help but notice that most of the other factions have flyers,

Is this a tactical Concern for the overlords? How do we deal with it?

Do we have any idea if we will be getting a flyer or two with our amry book?