Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Slave Pits of Craclaw

I'm still pondering my Overlord purchases, but I see myself getting somewhere around 5-7 blisters of Bondslaves, enough that I can field Iks with a good number of them (I doubt I'd go an entire troop of just slaves though) and still slap 2 ino each of my troops to take advantage of 'Do your Duty' without sacrificing valuable Warriors.

Sounds like "yes" you do use bond slaves. It also looks like you mix grunts with troops too. :wacko:

It sounds like you don't do a lot of things...unless you do. :lol:

OK, Ok, let me clarify. I don't mix bondslaves into every troop, I usually use a large mob of JUST slaves. I know a lot of Overlords players that like to mix warriors, slaves, spearmen into one troop. I like to specialize usually, going either all mob, all heavy, etc. Now that primarily been due to selection of models, I think, as I've recently started mixing spearmen and warriors a bit. However, the only "mixxing" I do on a regular basis is crossbowmen and Warriors for meat shields.

Weltrath I don't play Overlords but it sounds to me as if you are off to a nice "start" with Ashcrypt, Balthon, 12 Warriors, 6 Spearmen, 6 Crossbowmen, 6 Bondslaves, Andras, Corvus, Iks, Arik and the Onyx Golem. You are getting close to haveing the whole line as your start. I think I would add Ymrilix into that mix. From what I hear he is a must.

It sounds like i've used sounds like one too many times. That's what I get for writing this stuff at 2:25am.

This is a really good start for someone "trying out" the Overlords. You pretty much cover the whole spectrum. The only thing I would suggest is to definitely pick up Ymrilix, and maybe also Matisse. He's the new melee warlord, and he rocks!

I know bondslaves makes sense but I'd really like to see another "mob" choice for the Overlords , just for some variety . <_<

But what else would makes sense for the Overlords, except maybe a tougher slave? It's not like a race of goblins, where their racial characteristics gives them that mob ability, then they have different professions. A slave is a slave. Would a slave be trained enough to be an archer? How about to fight from horseback? Probably not. Not trying to be argumentative here, just following a path of thought.

No, slaves don't recieve any training. They are given a sword and told to go forth and die, not with honor, just die. The slower they die the better, because it delays the enemy. That is their lot in life. :down:

Well looky here ! A new Bondslave Survivor miniature , maybe a "mob" figure , maybe not ! ::P:

Ymilrix strikes again!

I went to the local store to get in a game, and there were two other players. We had planned on 1000 point lists, but the two guys asked if I wanted to bump up to 2000 and take 'em both on. So in addition to the Incarnation of Flame and Merack and the Iks Mob and an Onyx Chevy, I tacked on 1000 points in an Ashkrypt troop and a Totem of Battle. Yeah, Ashkrypt's troop was 800 points.

So round one, the dwarves advance their captain and Magara. Teleport Ymilrix, beat the snot out of Magara. Then next turn Ym goes first, and clears out the dwarven halbardiers. Then the dwarves go, swarm Ymilrix, whiff across the board, and Ymilrix drops Fulumbar in the dirt. More dwarves go, again miss Ymilrix completely, then Ym clears out all the dwarven warriors. Next turn, Ym rumbles over and downs Thorvald. About 400 points of dead dwarves.

Finally, a dwarven piercer dings Ym, and an entire troop of Reptus archers using marksmen piles on 4 hits. Ym makes the tough check, gets back up, but is too far out of the fight by then (no dwarves left for miles...) to do anything.

And that, folks, is why Ymilrix is the Buzzsaw!

PS

P.S. Meanwhile, on the other side of the board, Merack and 3 Overlord Warriors were in B2B with Uru for 4 turns, without anyone on either side getting a hit in. It was the most pathetic "fight" I think I've ever seen.

I have a idea what if one of the overlords army SA's was "enslave" basically does the same thing as mercy.

Maybe for the sub-list ..... of course they prolly have the overlords book pretty much planed out just thought it would be fun to talk about. ::D:

because of playtesting, i am somewhat aware of what new faction SA they will be getting and I have to say that i think it is way better than "enslave" would be.

Unfortunately, that is all I am allowed to say on the subject.

because of playtesting, i am somewhat aware of what new faction SA they will be getting and I have to say that i think it is way better than "enslave" would be.

Unfortunately, that is all I am allowed to say on the subject.

Yes, well, I can add something more to what Stubbdog said: The new Overlord goodies will be totally awesome, and that's all I can say. :;):

I know nothing. Atleast nothing concerning the future of the Overlords faction.

Well maybe that's not entirely true. I know that I have to own all Overlord minis released (both current and future).

What can I say. Was waiting for CAV2 and got distracted.

Alright...I have a little question...

What do other Overlords players use as their Totam of Battle. I know the book says it's supposed to be an 'Altar of Submission' but what do others use. I was looking at the simple route and using an 'Altar of Evil' from the DH line.

Alright...I have a little question...

What do other Overlords players use as their Totam of Battle. I know the book says it's supposed to be an 'Altar of Submission' but what do others use. I was looking at the simple route and using an 'Altar of Evil' from the DH line.

I keep putting this off. I have the Altar of Evil and it's a great quick and easy solution, but I'm envisioning something more ambitious. I have two ideas. First is a slave train cart, bars, wheels, the whole deal. The second is some sort of torture device, surrounded by candles, a priest with a ritual knife, etc. That's the one i really want to do, but I haven't found a suitable minni for the poor soul strapped to the instrument of torture.

Like i said, ambitious. The only thing I am lacking is Ambition. :down: