Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Slave Pits of Craclaw

Ok can someone tell me what the survivor bondslves have? The web site says the figs have been released but no data cards ::(:

Please tell me there is more to the survivors ..... did they forget to print tough/1 on the card. Needless to say as they are printed on the web site they are worthless. For one more point per fig I can get a +3 higher dv with a warrior, plus they are adepts :wacko:. Granted the warriors will prolly be adepts in the book but, they wasted metal printing survivors unless they do something really cool in the army list. If they stand as is i won't buy any. Had to get that off my chest I was hoping for more out of the survivors.

Wow , a new "mob" unit for the Overlords . Pity they're Adepts though . :down: Also a nice new , cheap , non-unique cleric , now they have everything . Its hard to find a weekness in this lot . :huh:

Please tell me there is more to the survivors ..... did they forget to print tough/1 on the card. Needless to say as they are printed on the web site they are worthless. For one more point per fig I can get a +3 higher dv with a warrior, plus they are adepts :wacko:. Granted the warriors will prolly be adepts in the book but, they wasted metal printing survivors unless they do something really cool in the army list. If they stand as is i won't buy any. Had to get that off my chest I was hoping for more out of the survivors.

You're undersestimating the power of the Mob. Believe me, 1 DV and 1 MAV makes a big difference over the normal bondslaves. On paper, doesn't look like much. In actual usage, it makes a difference. Give em a try.

And I'm sure they aren't going to change. Once a datacard is printed, the stats are pretty well set. And yes, Warriors are adepts in the book, just like all grunts with DV 11.

Well if everyone doesn't have a problem with the survivors then maybe i'm wrong ...... it just doesn't seem like much for 4 more pts per fig. For 100 pts i can have 6 figs with reg slaves or 5 with survivors. Any one with some insight?? Btw i find a 8 dv to be really easy to hit so survivor may not make it throgh the next battle ::D: .

They look just like everyone else's breakers to me but they trade off a MAV of 3 for Mob. I'm sure a few of these will find their way into Ashkrypt's retinue. Don't forget that the other use for slaves in the Overlords is to sac in place of a wound, making mob all the more valuable. Rather than your fodder taking up troop size, they only take up the mob allowance.

The problem is that they're also ADEPTS. So if, for example, they're going in Ashkrypt's retinue then that's the ONLY place they're going. For one point more I'll take the far superior Warriors every day of the week. For the same cost I'll take the Spearmen every day of the week.

If they were MAV 3, I might consider them. As it is, they don't hit any harder than Phalanx, Warriors, or Spearmen, so I see no reason for me to buy them. I don't even have any normal Bondslaves, either. Maybe that's another reason why I don't like the new ones.

And yes, Warriors are adepts in the book, just like all grunts with DV 11.

I thought grunts with MAV+DV > 12 were becoming adepts, not DV 11.

Rich

And yes, Warriors are adepts in the book, just like all grunts with DV 11.

I thought grunts with MAV+DV > 12 were becoming adepts, not DV 11.

Rich

I believe you're correct in your formula, but in any event, Overlord Warriors still qualify to be changed to Adepts. MAV 2 + DV 11 = Adept.

The problem is that they're also ADEPTS. So if, for example, they're going in Ashkrypt's retinue then that's the ONLY place they're going.

Hmm, yeah, I missed that part. Might need to rethink my uses then.

So i'm not the only one who is of the opinion that the survivors don't meet standards. Do any of you insiders know if the faction book will give the survivors an edge?

I still say they should've had tough/1 the way they are thier name dosen't fit.

I believe you're correct in your formula, but in any event, Overlord Warriors still qualify to be changed to Adepts. MAV 2 + DV 11 = Adept.

Just making sure my Reptus Warrior horde won't become obsolete...

How do people who have purchased more than one troop's worth of Overlord Warriors feel about this change?

Rich