Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Slave Pits of Craclaw

Honestly, after seeing how effective an all-melee force can be with just my Reptus (at a MAV one worse than the O'lord warriors, and costing 2 points more per grunt), I think no one has anything to worry about with an O'lord sublist in which the Warriors go back to being grunts. Damn the torpedos, and full speed ahead! I'd take a list with Matisse and lots and lots of warriors... and a totem.

Say goodnight, Gracie. :devil:

~v

Alright, an interesting question came up in a game (during the game I'm in at the moment, since Im at a store with 'net access).

Why does Iks have Ronin?

I mean...why?

So that he doesn't become shaken automatically if he is the last man standing, why else?

Leader models still suffer from 'All Alone', just like any other model does, unless they have Ronin.

Ronin is an ideal ability for leader models to have, and there are actually not very many that do.

Poeple didn't read my initial post properly . I did not critise thte fact that the Warriors might become adepts but said I hope they put in another grunt type since they would only have 2 , the Bondslaves and the Spearmen . With only THOSE 2 it would some funny list make ups but not saying they would be unviable with all the other Adepts to choose from just that every troop would have to be different if that was the case . :blink:

I'm 99% sure that all Overlord models are already out or at least known about. As far as I'm given to understand, there will be nothing else new.

Yes, this means that the Overlords will have the least number of Soldiers available in any faction book to date. Quality over quantity I guess! ::P:

Alright, an interesting question came up in a game (during the game I'm in at the moment, since Im at a store with 'net access).

Why does Iks have Ronin?

I mean...why?

Because he believes that his undeath is truly a gift bestowed up on him by his master, Ashkrypt. That gives him a feleling of invulnerability, thus Ronin.

That a good enough answer? :B):

I've been away for a little while because of a computer problem so I have had to play catch up on posts so forgive me for responding to older posts. I've noticed that while looking through various topics I find too many mentions of "GW like" references. I think that before someone makes such a comment they should think about the motivations behind what each company does. The reason reaper changed the Warriors to Adepts is because they were too powerful, not so they could trick you into buying a lot of them and then making them unusable. GW changes their army composition every couple years when they completely revamp their $50 rulebook. Then they come out with all new faction books that you have to buy if you want to know the stats for the armies you use. So far Reaper has changed its rulebook once and you don't even need to buy a new one because they give you the changes FREE on their website. ALL the information you need to use ANY army is online as well. Another thing about the excess adept problem is that if you can make it to Reapercon you can trade them in for new models. Try going to Games Day and asking them if you can trade out for their newer models and see what happens. Reaper and GW are both in business to make money, but Reaper is not willing to sacrifice its customers for profits where as GW is, that is why GW is down to 1 Million customers from 5 Million. When Reaper does something there is usually a very clear reason, other than just wanting to hose their customers for more money.

PS. Downwithgamesworkshop! :grr:

I've been away for a little while because of a computer problem so I have had to play catch up on posts so forgive me for responding to older posts. I've noticed that while looking through various topics I find too many mentions of "GW like" references. I think that before someone makes such a comment they should think about the motivations behind what each company does. The reason reaper changed the Warriors to Adepts is because they were too powerful, not so they could trick you into buying a lot of them and then making them unusable. GW changes their army composition every couple years when they completely revamp their $50 rulebook. Then they come out with all new faction books that you have to buy if you want to know the stats for the armies you use. So far Reaper has changed its rulebook once and you don't even need to buy a new one because they give you the changes FREE on their website. ALL the information you need to use ANY army is online as well. Another thing about the excess adept problem is that if you can make it to Reapercon you can trade them in for new models. Try going to Games Day and asking them if you can trade out for their newer models and see what happens. Reaper and GW are both in business to make money, but Reaper is not willing to sacrifice its customers for profits where as GW is, that is why GW is down to 1 Million customers from 5 Million. When Reaper does something there is usually a very clear reason, other than just wanting to hose their customers for more money.

Urion, please, by all means, don't hold back!! Tell us how you really feel! :lol::wub:

Wild Bill :blues:

YOu know something else to consider is that you can still have two troops of warriors, if you are playing a 1500 point game. This has never been a hinderance to me, primarily because I think 1500 is the best level of play. 1000 is too low, IMNSHO.

Also, this adept rule hurts the Overlords less than other factions because we have such great elites and a higher elite capacity than other factions. Those elites take up points. While I may not be able to ahve two troops, each with 5 warriors in them, I can have a troop with 7 and a troop wiht a bunch of bondslaves. That's a small payoff for fielding Ymrilix, Arik and Balthon together.

A bit hard for some to make the trip all the way to the US of A ! :blink:

Not to be a buzz kill, but...

Shipping the metal back and forth internationally, would probably make that plan cost prohibitive, wouldn't it? You'd need a hefty bit of scrap Reaper metal to make it worthwhile. Unless you happen to have a metal mule willing to carry everything with them when they fly over to the States.

I mean, you'd almost be as well off just buying new blisters straight up, wouldn't you?

YOu know something else to consider is that you can still have two troops of warriors, if you are playing a 1500 point game. This has never been a hinderance to me, primarily because I think 1500 is the best level of play. 1000 is too low, IMNSHO.

This is incorrect. You aren't allowed a 2nd troop of adepts until 2000 points. You get one for every FULL 1000 points, as specified on page 49 of the 2nd printing core rulebook (bottom left corner of the page).