Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Slave Pits of Craclaw

I've never seen the Warbride fielded in all my battles against the Overlords.

It's a pity, because she is a beautiful sculpt. But I can find some much better uses for an Elite slot in the Overlord Faction than her.

Hrm just for Fun

Ashkrypt

Fireball

2x Wound Transfer

Ice Shard

2 warbrides

Lola Darkslip

5 x Overlord Crossbowmen

2 x Overlord Warriors

Andras

Warbride

2 overlord Spearmen

3 warriors

and a battle totem.

Comes in at just under 100 points

I could actually switch lola and the third warbride.

I am kinda nervous having just two troops in 1000 points but i have had good success with my warriors and my crossbowmen.

the warbrides are there as a distraction to allow lola to get in place.

I think it could be allot of fun.

Then again all the players in my area ( myself included are pretty new to the game) so I may be able to sneak through some holes that would not be there in the hands of a more experienced player.

I am also thinking of dropping ashkrypt and taking a second captain and more warriors! I mean his spells are nice but with even more wariors I would be that much more deadly.

Andras 1

1 x warbride

6 x crossbowmen

3 x warrior

1 x lola

andras 2

2 x warbride

2x spearman

1 x bondslave

3x warrior

Corvus

3 warriors

1 spearman

and a totem

Those are pretty nice lists. I think I'll get a Warbride into a game tonight. We're playing a campaign, and with the restrictions on unique models, I have a few Warbrides floating around. I just haven't played the games with them in the forces.

It has to be a game where you already have Lola, since she' so much more model than the Warbrides. Your lists have that, so they might be worth considering.

I did have a game where Ymilrix was sitting at home with his varnish drying, and I used the warbride as a proxy. ;)

PS

I did have a game where Ymilrix was sitting at home with his varnish drying, and I used the warbride as a proxy. ;)

PS

Yeah, but I didn't see that one, I was probably busy fighting on another table :poke:

I think many of the low point heroes in the game tend to be overlooked, either becuase there is a better deal, or because they don't appear as cost effective as including another couple grunts instead. Durgam, Nivar, and Finari spring to mind as models that join the WarBride in the underplayed and oft maligned low cost hero category. While at the same time there are some real stand-out heroes in the low cost category in my mind as well, Lola, Ra'am, The Reborn, and Gauntfield all seem like pretty decent value for points.

I think many of the low point heroes in the game tend to be overlooked, either becuase there is a better deal, or because they don't appear as cost effective as including another couple grunts instead. Durgam, Nivar, and Finari spring to mind as models that join the WarBride in the underplayed and oft maligned low cost hero category. While at the same time there are some real stand-out heroes in the low cost category in my mind as well, Lola, Ra'am, The Reborn, and Gauntfield all seem like pretty decent value for points.

Nivar absolutely rocks. I pair him up with Lola these days and he just kicks tail everywhere he goes.

PS

I think all of the models I mentioned as being undeplayed are fairly decent, although of the batch Nivar is a pretty good deal, I just don't hear many people talking about using him.

I think all of the models I mentioned as being undeplayed are fairly decent, although of the batch Nivar is a pretty good deal, I just don't hear many people talking about using him.

http://warlordhq.reapergames.com/?nav=Main...&report_id=1119

I have a couple other games with Nivar, but only that report shows his exploits.

I looked at his card and said "never pick him over Lola." THen I hit upon the idea of using both him AND Lola, and things have never been the same! Nivar rocks.

PS

I had a great battle today!

It was without any casters. it was an 850 point game

Andras

Moria

Lola

6 Crossbowmen

2 warriors

1 spearman

Andras

Moria

3 Warriors

2 Spearmen

Corvus

3 warriors

and a battle totem

This list overwhelmed my opponent with ease.

I even made a mistake and got hit by a fireball at a bad time. He rolled low thank goodness.

Highlight

Grave Horror unborrows infront of the 6 crossbowmen. They fire 5 of them hit :) drop the grave horror. It was priceless.

I was really worried about the lack of caster's both cleric and mages.

The +1 MAV really came in handy.

it was allot of fun

Looking for alternative models to be used a bondslaves, not really happy with the ones that Reaper has, anyone have any suggestions? Willing to look outside of the Reaper lines at other companies if need be.

Don't have my book handy so I'm not sure what the bondslaves are armed with but it looks to be two handed weapons. I'd reccomend 6013: Highlander elites or 6045: Dwarven fanatics.

I think that just about any ragged looking model would do for a bondslave. The weapons the RIM (Reaper Issued Models) have are the standard peasant weapon, the fluff material in the front of the rulebook explains it. Any kind of armed peasant could be used as a bondslave.

I think that just about any ragged looking model would do for a bondslave. The weapons the RIM (Reaper Issued Models) have are the standard peasant weapon, the fluff material in the front of the rulebook explains it. Any kind of armed peasant could be used as a bondslave.

If you ever decide to proxy bondslaves make sure its a mini that would be practical to buy assemble and paint in bulk in Warlord standards.

She's a bit thick limbed on the bottom, which is actually nice to see. I get tired of seeing wafer thin, bust-ing out female models all the time.