Reaperbryan

Dark Font of Thule

Aysa is good if you intend to use her as a spellcaster and die quickly. I like to give her about three spells and hope to fire them off quick and if she is still around, start some summoning.

I have faced a Necropolis faction that had about half its point tied up in fliers they, weren't able to get to her, mainly because I use the other units as a wall and I use my archers to soften up the fliers. Railor is just there for the archers and to cast off a spell to knock a leader down a wound track. Also like I said before, being that most of my force is Non-Coporeal, any terrain that my opponent tries to use as cover means little if nothing to me. so getting to a captain or caster isn't all that hard. I make sure that there is someone between Aysa and any caster or or archers to block line of sight

A spellcaster only needs a half inch corridor to have LOS. The same goes for a blazer conducting an indirect volley. You would have to maintain an entire wall of modles to block LOS. That is too many points for one model. What is plan B for when a flyer drops on her or someone pulls off a scrye shot?

I use my archers to soften up the fliers.

Also like I said before, being that most of my force is Non-Coporeal, ------ so getting to a captain or caster isn't all that hard. I make sure that there is someone between Aysa and any caster or or archers to block line of sight

A spellcaster only needs a half inch corridor to have LOS. The same goes for a blazer conducting an indirect volley. What is plan B for when a flyer drops on her or someone pulls off a scrye shot?

I've already stated once before that "scrye shot" is my biggest problem but that is a chance I take if I can't get to that character in time either with my archers or my wraiths. Also as I've already stated before I move Aysa into a hidding spot either inside of a building or on the other side of a hill whatever is on the board that will make the best cover, because she can hide inside of a building and still crank out Spectral Minions and if I loose a turn of casting to get her out of hidding so what she's protected from line of sight attacks. as far as fliers go if my opponents field some all I have to do is is keep a couple of guys around her to prevent base to base contact

I've faced most of these problems and still have had incredible success against all of the different factions that I've faced with the exception of the Darkspawn wich all I did was not crank out all of the Spectral Minnions that I normally do

that would be correct and Crimson Knight in a troop with Judas becomes his guard or Crimson guard. Usually you can have only one troop of Crimson Knights on the field but, Adding a set to Judas means you can have another.

As for the wraiths I don't care to much for them. If you need a filler for a game I would use the archers or if you have a Mag there is a even better trick. It would be adding the spell Undying Host which is handy cause it allows you to summon up to 6 Spectral Minions which for the price of 75 points is not bad.

Now better yet is the crypt Legion sub list which grants your army Dark Energy Special Ability. If you have the army book you know about DE already, but for those of you who do not know. De acts as tough which adds to your existing tough. It has a special ability which grants your army well lets just say Zombies the ability to return to life even after a Coup de Grace.

I've played the Necropolis quite a few times now, but never the Crypt Legion, and never over 1k points. So, can you guys and girls please give this monster a look and pick it apart (gently!), pretty please?

Thanks!

2,000 Crypt Legion Company

** First Group **

Moandain

(Lesser Magic Empowerment, Bind Souls *9, Lesser Magic Armour)

(Firestorm *2, Dispel *1, Undying Host *1, Life Transfer *3, Bolt *1)

Nivar the Wraith

Sir Dauron

(Moderate Magic Weapon, Divine Favour))

Wraith Harvesters *3

Skeletal Breakers *3

** Second Group **

Railor of the Unbodied

(Bind Souls *3)

Skeletal Archers *6

** Third Group **

Railor of the Unbodied

(Bind Souls *3)

Skeletal Archers *6

** Fourth Group **

Railor of the Unbodied

(Bind Souls *3)

Zombies *6

** Fifth Group **

Banshee

** Sixth Group **

Banshee

** Seventh Group **

Bone Horror

** Eight Group **

Aysha

(Greater Magic Empowerment, Bind Souls *6, Greater Magic Armour)

(Life Transfer *1)

Hi there!

New to Necros and have the following minis to work with.

Not sure how effective this list will be, but I would like comments.

I wanted an all vamp list for fluff.

Judas

Naomi

Bloodseeker vampire

6x crimson knights.

Any constructive critcism will be much appreciated.

G ::):

It is doable to have Judas in a small army I think, but including both him and Naomi might be a bit much. Here is what I would suggest for a low-point all Vampire army:

Judas 253

6 Crimson Knights 204/457

Gauntfield 61/518

Lord Tharian 61 + Lesser Magic Enhancement 15 + Familiar 20 + 2 x + Bindsoul 2 + 2 x Spark of Death 20 + Life Transfer 15 /651

Elsabeth 81/732

6 Crimson Knights 204/936

Bloodseeker Vampire 64/1000

Not sure how effective it would be, but it uses minimal Vampire models and I think it would be fun to play.

If you don't like the hefty cost that Tharian is, you could probably fit Osric and another BLoodseeker in for around the same cost.

Ok, here is a thought, what do people think about the idea of version of Skeletons, Zombies, and Wraiths (with alternative points costs of course), that include giving them the 'Summoned (mage)' ability, and turning them into Adepts.

Just something I was thinking about, I've always liked the animate dead or summon undead concept, and I think it wouldn't be overly powerful assuming you pointed it correctly.

Ok, here is a thought, what do people think about the idea of version of Skeletons, Zombies, and Wraiths (with alternative points costs of course), that include giving them the 'Summoned (mage)' ability, and turning them into Adepts.

Just something I was thinking about, I've always liked the animate dead or summon undead concept, and I think it wouldn't be overly powerful assuming you pointed it correctly.

I actually love the idea, but I think it would be too harsh on the game balance. Necros already have some of the best special abilities in the game(rspecially crypt legion) so summoning them may give a grossly unfair "placement advantage". I know this would be a great solution to not having access to cleri spells (namely teleport) but incorperating it fairly would be VERY difficult. There is already an appropriate number of adepts and skeletons, zombies and wraiths tend to be the bulk of the grunts I use. But I still love the idea. To satisfy my evil undead rising needs, I find the called do quite nicely when they pop up in the middle of the fray.

Good stuff SE. If you can figure a well balanced way to incorperate this let us know and post it.

Ever thought of tossing a couple of spells on Railor to be used with Necromantic Surges?

Splendid use of the Archers!!

I have, but you need to make a CP check to succesfully use Necromantic Urges, and they're not very talented that way.

Ever thought of tossing a couple of spells on Railor to be used with Necromantic Surges?

I have, but you need to make a CP check to succesfully use Necromantic Urges, and they're not very talented that way.

A 5 or more is better than dead (well more dead).

A 5 or more is better than dead (well more dead).

A 5 or better means a 60% chance to heal 1 point at the cost of 10 points. I'd rather spend the points on extra archers (only 24 points apiece, after all).