Reaperbryan

In the Depths of Arkturile

2. Yeah, I meant devourer. Is it devourer of Mashaf? Where did I get Mashaf from? @ Qwk: I know he's getting rerolled but since pewter is going up in price + packs are supposedly dropping to 2 units instead of 3, I figured he'd get a resculpt since he's basically a lump. The soul tender got one and I figured it was because he was a lump as well.

3. @ squish: Yeah, the 'ideal' strategy... but has anyone been able to do it successfully? Because if you start killing the little guys, Crossing Death's River spells trouble. Particularly if you're going melee on them (because you'd be so close to the body). If it wasn't so expensive, I was thinking high DF upgrades to try and even it up because we're not exactly melee powerhouses.

Make use of your Archers too, to keep the dead further from your line. Also don't forget that Crossing Death's River is an Invoke Special Ability, which means they can appear in your six, but they can't hit you that turn. There is a new spell in the Nefsokar book IIRC that allows you to Cross the River without Invoking. Also remember, for every person that crosses, that's a corpse that has it's position swapped. It's not an infinite use gateway.

I was more concerned about big solos with high defense. :P

That's what you have big solos and Broken Fodder for :devil:

Well, obviously it's too early to pass judegment, but I am concerned with the Darkspawn army now. Two of their greatest strengths were:

1) Mav 3 grunts

2) a Ranged Flyer

With those gone, do the Darkspawn become a one-trick pony? Having the awesome Queen casting spells is great, but is that the only thing they'll be able to do?

Emmel has already mentioned previously that they will be re-doing the data card for the Devourer of Mashaf so it might become useful.

mosey on over to the Data Card section of Reapergames.com

http://warlordhq.reapergames.com/?nav=Help...ub=Data%20Cards

The "re-rolled" Data Card is available.

Wow. I know you had mentioned we may see if before the Faction book, with a huge emphasis on may, but this is quite a bit sooner than I was expecting!

Wow. Defensive Magic and Innate Bolt. Bring on the Archers!!! :lol: Beautiful!!! :devil: It's still going to be hard as all hell to hit anything with that CP, but even still, just the ability to watch people's reactions.

Since this is an innate spell, does this allow you to cast a bolt at multiple models if you are the target of multiple ranged attacks? I doubt it, but figured I'd ask the first obvious question ^_^

Hmmm it lost Flyer. That's a bummer, especially because of Innate Bolt, but I can see the logic in that one.

...what mav 3 grunts did we lose? Broken Fodder still have mav 3. And doesn't guros still fly and range?

But a bigger question: do I need to update ALL of my data cards or what? Who got the updates and who is just reposted?

...what mav 3 grunts did we lose? Broken Fodder still have mav 3. And doesn't guros still fly and range?

The Broken Fodder are now Adepts, and Gurus has lost his ranged attack. :down:

But a bigger question: do I need to update ALL of my data cards or what? Who got the updates and who is just reposted?

For now, you'll have to do a manual compare of the new datacards and your core rulebook to see what changed. Many models had their point cost changed.

OK, here are all of the changes to the Darkspawn:

Guros:

Drop 6 points from 138 to 132

Lose #RA (and all RAV and RNG)

-1 DIS on 2nd & 3rd tracks

+2 DV on 1st track

+1 DV on 2nd & 3rd tracks

Increased spell capacity from 2/4 to 2/8

Javolith:

Drop 4 points from 85 to 81

Vysa:

+1 DV

Nasithe:

Gain 9 points from 166 to 175

Broken Fodder:

Change from Grunt to Adept

Aundine:

Gain 4 points from 80 to 84

Ashakia:

Gain 6 points from 84 to 90

Rauthuros:

Gain 2 points from 282 to 284

Devourer of Mashaf:

Gain 31 points from 62 to 91

Completely new stats

Spawn:

Drop 11 points from 183 to 172

This is more of a fluff question but, it's no mystery that most evil factions have in-fighting. If the demons of the Darkspawn aren't 100% aligned with the Isiri, are they aligned with the fleshless + reapers? It's pure speculation, but it sounds like they'd have similar goals in terms of wiping out the living & populating "hell" or the abyss or what-have-you. If that's the case, why would they ever willingly fight the fleshless? I know they enjoy suffering and the Nec don't approve of broken souls. Then they may be aligned with just the reapers but hate the fleshless... Ugh. Can anybody clear this up for me?

The demons want to have more flesh and soul puppets in Hell, the undead wants to have more flesh and soul puppets in Taltos. The Reapers decided that they didn’t need or wanted to work for the Lords of Hell and went freelance, the Lords did not appreciate their point of view.

Hmmm... so the Reapers want the dead on Earth as well, right? Or do they just not care one way or another but have sided with the dead because they are in conflict with the demons? And is Rathuros one of the lords of hell or is he just small potatoes?

Updated army list!

750pts (exact)

Troop 1

Vysa (27)

+Musician (15)

Archers x6 (42)

Warriors x3 (20)

Troop 2

Vysa (27)

+ Musician (15)

Broken Fodder x6 (24)

Pain Tender x3 (30)

Troop 3

Soultender (45)

+ Totem of Battle (75)

Strat: Archers grab early pain tokens, warriors act as a screen to tie up potential calvary / fast units. Fodder are fast enough to move in and intercept the mob before they base the archers. Soultender is strictly clean-up and distraction.

These things are explained in the necro book, at least from the necro’s point of view. :devil:

Your armylist looks solid, although I wonder if the musician upgrade is necessary and if maybe a few warriors in troop 2 might help against shooting.