Soul Cannon

4 Skeleton Crew 192

Troops five through 8 (Solos):

Soul Cannon

Soul Cannon

Soul Cannon

Soul Cannon 196

Total: 1499

I've got a different take, I love me soul cannon but I like having a few more troops on the board

Troop 1

Razig+greater armor and Moderate weapon (7MAV)

4 Skeletal Crewman+standard

2 Skeletal Harpooners

Troop 2

Black Knife Tom+lesser armor and weapon

4 Bone Marines

Soul Cannon

Troop 3

Soul Cannon (unless it's a 2 troop touriment, then he's with the Capt'n)

Troop 1

Razig+Greater Armor and Moderate Weapon

6 Skeletal Crewman

3 Skeletal Harpooners

Soul Cannon

Soul Cannon

Troop 2

Black Knife Tom+lesser weapon and armor

4 Bone Marines

Lady Clarissa+Scare and Life tranfer

Troop 3

Soul Cannon

I like to use troop one to advance on the enemy while recieveing cover fire from troop 2. once all pistols have been emptied troop 2 engages with support from the cannon.

At least that's how it works on paper. ::P:

Remember to screen Razig with Crewmen. Razig is a buzzsaw but also a tempting target for archers.

I've also found that it's best to get a minimum of two sould cannons and put them o either flank. A smart opponent will avoind clumping his troops and will probibily form a line. If you create a cross fire your foe will have a hard time not giving you one or two juicy targets a round.

Has anyone had any experiance fielding either Clarissa or the Dark Maiden in a 750pt game? Is it possible to field them or are they just far too expensive to use and still have enough points to get the coverage you need?

Since Razig has mediocre grunts at best, not really ranged attackers, not really melee fighters, since they're still more expensive than Necropolis troops with comparable stats, Razig's strengths are really the soul cannons and Clarissa, as far as I can tell. Granted, I'm coming to the conclusion that I might just not be all that good of a player.

and yeah, I know this doesn't answer your question.

The Dark Maiden is to expensive to put into a 750 army. Razig by himself is 222, and you must take Razig. Save the maiden for the big games.

Clarissa is a good buy, I tend not to use her in 750 games, saving her for those 1000 point games, but with a good spell range and banshee sherik witha RAV of 5, she's a solid unit.

Soul cannons are a must, I like to take 2 with a 750 point game. Get them set up fast and a good field of fire and they're worth their 49 points and them some.

Don't put down the crewman, they have a MAV of 2 and breaker, and at 22 points I think there a good buy. I haven't used the Zombies, but with a tough/4 they should be fun. And of course, don't forget the bone marines, they have a RAV of 3 and a 25' range. Of course there is that cursed reloading, but do what I do, keep em behind your lead unit, fire a round off, and charge in to assist.

and remember to say "AArrrrrr" a lot. It helps with the dice rools!!!!

So Razig and his ilk are like a new sub-section of mercs. If you are playing mercs and facing skeletal pirates how best do you defeat them. Raz is strong for his points, but are there weakness to go for?? Or is there traps you can draw them into??

The one weakness of Razig force is it's greatest strenge, Razig. If you can focas on Razig and take him down early the razig player has to revive him in 2 turns. That means at least 222 points of his army is going bye bye. :down:

Also, since you have to bring Razig you cannot hope to use mob tatics to out number you opponents. Once again, you must take Razig. So at least 222 points of your army is gone.

A balance for power is that many of razig's team has the gun SA, this slows down their firing. Should the soul cannon have this ability if razig does, on the data card it lacks it but it makes a HUGE amount of sense to me.

The gun SA only gives you a RAV of 3 and makes you reload after you fire. This would make the soul cannon way too expensive to feild. It's range and blow through are already balanced by the fact it only moves 3 inches. Trust me that enough. If your opponent uses a bit of manuevering or your playing a sceniro where movment is a big factor the soul cannon isn't very effective at all. In my last two games (1000 points) my cannons (2) didn't play a particularly big roll at all.

Not to say that the soul cannon isn't worth it, If you can get them into a good firing position they're great. But as I've mentioned before, you don't have a lot of points to play with, so you've got to make wise choices.

A balance for power is that many of razig's team has the gun SA, this slows down their firing.

Actually, the only troops that have the gun SA are the marines. Since they are adepts, you actually can only have one full troop with pistols. Other troops will only have a pistol or two with the leader. You can add the ability, but it's a bit pricey. It's just that nobody uses normal crew because there aren't minis for them. (Except Sergei and I, who sculpted our own from DHA army pack skeletons....)

Castlebuilder