Reaperbryan

Avast Ye, Scurvy Dog!

I was looking at the Razig's Revenge .pdf, and something dawned on me:

Razig has hair. :blink:

The sea salt helped preserve it. If death didn't take away his hate and vengence, do you really think it could take away his hair?

I'm not sure how many will be able to help me out here since there are so few Razig players and since Ranzadule loves his Soul Cannons, but I would like some tips on how to use The zombie recruits.

I thought they were mislabeled because the price seemed to high for me, but apparently it's correct.

I'm confident Reaper got it right and that I'm overlooking some potential that they posses. And with such limited numbers of grunts, I think it's important to make use of everything we've got.

So what do you guys do with your Zombies?

Well I guess they are useful for staying up long enough with that tough/4 to be good to sacrifice for 'hate sustains me'. It seem that that for the same points bone marines are the much better choice, or trade in two and get a soul cannon and a lesser upgrade. I've tried and seen them tried and have yet to be impressed. The best I've seen is one holding up a river troll for an extra round till it smacked it down and cdg it. Sorry I'm not of more help.

I haven't used them although I'm converting 4 Dark heaven armies zombies right now.....

Alright, they're on the shelf to be converted ::P:

Anyway, my plan is to use them in my 1500 point army to increase the size of Razigs mob to 17 models. I like to use a large troop to engage the enemy while the cannons and marines support. I figure the Zombies will be a good addition to this plan, as long as i'm not fighting dwarves.

:::stupid bane::::

I also wouldn't feild them unless you have a musician in the troop, they'll be left behind other wise.

I would say no. Eye of the storm kinda thing.

BTW, I've used the spell, VERY nice indeed.

Aye, that doesn't help much. lol

I was thinking of using them as meat shields against archers. They have the higher dv out of all grunts, and since they would be dying far away I would have a chance to make the tough checks. So next game against Elves we'll see what goes down.

Yeah I would use clarrisa's spell as an eye of the storm thing also. But from my few games I would find it hard to get here that close to enemies and keep her alive.

I do think that it would be good to keep her around so she could be sacrifed to bring razig back onto the board, but once she's hit it hurts to mow through all your non damaged models to get to her.

Also, Clarrisa can use life transfer.

Was looking at Banshee Scream and it says that it is centered on the caster and has a range of 3" radius. doesn't that mean that Clarissa will take a hit too?

Worth posting in the rules discussion for clarification.

Not only can Clarissa cast Life transfer, So can the Maiden.

:devil: Nothing frustrates an opponent like the Maiden healing a wound that he just spent the last round trying to inflict :devil:

I think the Dark Maiden is Neutral. Which means no life transfers for the Wooden Lass. I used her for casting scares on top of enemy troops. It doesn't effect our troops (undead) and she has line of site all around. best part is that they are cheap.

I think the Dark Maiden is Neutral. Which means no life transfers for the Wooden Lass. I used her for casting scares on top of enemy troops. It doesn't effect our troops (undead) and she has line of site all around. best part is that they are cheap.

Good catch, the Dark Maiden is listed as Razig/Neutral

The dark maiden is still a good choice if you need to heal someone. She usually in LOS because she's big, and keeping her on the top DT is good, how can DV 14 and MD 14 not be good.

Two questions - First, has anyone seen a clarification on Jackie Bones's stats?

Second: How do you defeat this army? I fielded it and a 1500-pt variant, and the soul cannons just ate everything. The opponent spent all game charging me, and maybe three of his models even reached me.

Troop 1:

-Razig

-8x Skeletal Harpooners

-2x Soul Cannons

Troop 2:

-Baron LeBone

-8x Bone Marines

-Soul Cannon

Troop 3:

-Soul Cannon

Troop 4:

-Soul Cannon

Total: 1000 points.

I set up to take advantage of the firing lanes, and held the harpooners back where they could swoop out and engage anyone getting too close to the cannons. I held the Bone Marines back, but had them in an expanding-collapsing double-rank line where I was always reloading with one half and firing with the other.

It worked phenominally well, and I have no idea what my opponent could have done differently. He used cover well, and he's one that I have a hard time beating with my Reven. All I can think is that the massed 24" RAV5 Blowthrough is overpowering. I know Reaper playtesting better than to suppose that there is no counter for this strategy, but for the life of me I can't think what it would be.