Reaperbryan

Avast Ye, Scurvy Dog!

I know you feel the model shouldn't be a non-unique elite and solo but that is a hindrence. It takes the spot of other elites. It fills up that captains spot for Clarrisa or Jackie Bones.

Uhhh yeah, but Jackie and Clarrisa can't sit back and take out multiple models per turn (every Turn) as you try to base them.

Well someone isn't using Clarrisa correctly then. Last Razig game I played she pulled in more kills than any other model in my army. And that's having two soul cannons out on the field.

I've considered using the baensidhe for her healing potential, but I just cannot give up the elite slot for a non-gun. I may force myself to do it, but by the time you add in some life transfers and at least an LME, she gets to be the price of 3 soul cannon.

Well someone isn't using Clarrisa correctly then. Last Razig game I played she pulled in more kills than any other model in my army. And that's having two soul cannons out on the field.

She still would have had to go out and join the engagement, or spellcast, if she is spellcasting she is costing you alot more points than a Soul Cannon, and if she is using Blowthrough she has to get alot closer to the enemy than a Soul Cannon.

Of course she has the potential to be more effective, she costs twice as much not counting spells. Non-one is saying she isn't more effective, what we are trying to say is that put 5 or 6 Sould Cannons on the field and I can't see them being anything but dominating.

Did it again tonight against MoonFever. I never even got any blowthrough due to him having few high priced models and not many figs on the table. Still, 6 +5 shots a turn in additon to what my bone marines could muster was pretty devastating. I did benefit from the dice gods though...

I've got no skillz in photoshop or anything, but you may want to look for the Razig skull in the icons on reapergames and simply enlarge it as I don't think there are any horns or anything on that icon.

I played a game last night with 4 Soul Cannons in the army, against Nefsokar. The Nef's had a troop of Tomb Gaurds and a troop of Cav Archers and Cav Raiders for anti-ranged tactics.

I did get shots off just about every round from at least 2 of the cannons, usually being able to line up 2 targets. We called the game after about 4 rounds because it was getting late. I was shooting within the first round because he got all of the first initaitive cards in round 1, putting him within 24".

When all is said and done, I probably fired about 13 shots in the game hitting and killing: 2 mummies, 1 ranger, 1 tomb gaurd, 2 devourers, and hit 1 heavy cav(healed). If the game would have continued, I should have taken a shot at another devourer, maybe, if my functional could make it to a hill.

When we called the game only 1 cannon was fully functional, 1 was tough, 1 was damaged, and 1 was surrounded.

So after my first Soul Cannon heavy game, They still seem balanced to me. The enemy filled the higher armor models in from of his weaker ones and advanced on the soul cannons where possible. He scattered expensive models to avoid me hitting too many models and advanced quickly to limit my number of shots.

What really won this game for me were the Bone Marines. Firing shots the first round, having the next round to reload, then getting point blank on some shots the 3rd round was incredible. I filled the troop with 9 and it was by far the most fun card to activate.

After the game I asked the Nefsokar player how he felt about Soul Cannons and he said he didn't think they were over or under powered, but it was obvious he did not like the Marines.

This won't be the last game I field 4+ Soul Cannons in though, I'm going to increase the number next game and see how it goes.

Well yes, against a slow heavy ranged army high DV grunts w/ deflect and lots of calvary will defeat them... thats super, but it is supposed to be that way. Lots of teams do not have this luxury and have no good way to counter it.

Look at the mercenaries, they have no calvary (lupines sorta count, but have no where near the range or deflect) and NONE of their units have deflect, they get shreaded even if you bring more points.

I played a game last night with 4 Soul Cannons in the army, against Nefsokar. The Nef's had a troop of Tomb Gaurds and a troop of Cav Archers and Cav Raiders for anti-ranged tactics.

I did get shots off just about every round from at least 2 of the cannons, usually being able to line up 2 targets. We called the game after about 4 rounds because it was getting late. I was shooting within the first round because he got all of the first initaitive cards in round 1, putting him within 24".

When all is said and done, I probably fired about 13 shots in the game hitting and killing: 2 mummies, 1 ranger, 1 tomb gaurd, 2 devourers, and hit 1 heavy cav(healed). If the game would have continued, I should have taken a shot at another devourer, maybe, if my functional could make it to a hill.

When we called the game only 1 cannon was fully functional, 1 was tough, 1 was damaged, and 1 was surrounded.

So after my first Soul Cannon heavy game, They still seem balanced to me. The enemy filled the higher armor models in from of his weaker ones and advanced on the soul cannons where possible. He scattered expensive models to avoid me hitting too many models and advanced quickly to limit my number of shots.

What really won this game for me were the Bone Marines. Firing shots the first round, having the next round to reload, then getting point blank on some shots the 3rd round was incredible. I filled the troop with 9 and it was by far the most fun card to activate.

After the game I asked the Nefsokar player how he felt about Soul Cannons and he said he didn't think they were over or under powered, but it was obvious he did not like the Marines.

This won't be the last game I field 4+ Soul Cannons in though, I'm going to increase the number next game and see how it goes.

Well yes, against a slow heavy ranged army high DV grunts w/ deflect and lots of calvary will defeat them... thats super, but it is supposed to be that way. Lots of teams do not have this luxury and have no good way to counter it.

Look at the mercenaries, they have no calvary (lupines sorta count, but have no where near the range or deflect) and NONE of their units have deflect, they get shreaded even if you bring more points.

If you're playing the Mercenary faction you can bring in any single data card you want. So grab some Cav, or grab some high DV grunts :)

I can't think of anyone else that either doesn't have the speed, the armor, or equal ranged power.

Concerning bone marines...

I have played a little over a dozen Razig games now and I also used Bone Marines in my Free Company force last GenCon. They are really nice troops! I have found that I *never* attack in melee with them. There's no reason to. If I have a bone marine swing on you at its big +1 MAV, you swing back and only bad things can result. It's better to rely on shooting and defensive strikes, especially since if I knock you down on a defensive strike, I can coup you and reload my gun or fire it.

Also, the 9 DIS means that we can always walk out of combat and either reload or fire our guns, most likely at +4 due to range. Another fun thing about them is that if they are engaged, you can have other troops or cannons shoot the model or models wiht which they are engaged and the bone Marine will always pass its DIS check! They are also a brilliant force for a Bum's rush! They move forward shooting if they must or simply heading toward what needs killing or wounding. If troops come forward to greet them, not all of them will die and those who do not can simply keep on moving toward the goal and open up on the target.

Oh my sides hurt from laughing during battles as my opponents get the "WTF???" Look on their faces! laughing1.gif

Piratesmiley.giftrink13.giftrink13.gif

Well, it seems that not everyone is happy about playing against Razig. I don't like to play armies that make people sad before I even throw the first die, so I'm laying off of the Boney Pirate for while. If any of you would like to play the lists I've been playing and let us know how it goes, here thay bee:

1000 I played this one at the con last weekend

Razig divine favor greater magical armour and lesser magical weapon 277

8 Bone Marines + Musician 279

3 Elite Soul Cannons

Grim Pete 55

4 skeleton Crew 88

Elite Soul Cannon

Soulcannon solo

Soulcannon solo 993

For Reapercon, I had planned on this one:

Razig divine favor greater magical armour and lesser magical weapon 277

8 Bone Marines + Musician 279

3 Elite Soulcannons

Grim Pete 55

4 skeleton Crew 88

Elite Soulcannon

Black Knife Tom

Elite Soulcannon

2 Slkeleton Crew

Baron LeBone

Some magical armour and a Lesser weapon

Elite soulcannon

A few skeleton crew

I am thinking that I will leave the pirates home as some people don't like them. So you other Razig fans, please play these cannon-heavy lists and let us know what happens!

Soulcannon solo

Soulcannon solo

Soulcannon solo

Soulcannon solo

Ya don't become a pirate ta gits people ta like ya!!!!

Arrrrrrrrr

Ranz, bring your pirates. My Orcs laugh in the face of Cannon Fire.

Fodder, Errr Goblins! Advance and take the hill! Ah hahahahaha...stupid goblins.