drjsallison

Reptus Wardrums are calling....

I am building a Reptus Army but with only two Warlord models so far. The rest are from the DHL line. I've always liked Reapers Lizardmen, some remind me of the old logo for TSR.

I have an army of DHL lizardmen. I've been using the reptus warriors though, I really like them. Been using tyrants for captains and sergeants. I have a mithril miniatures olag-hai that I am going to use to proxy for Uru, I don't care for Uru's silly shoulder spike. Built a Krung beast proxy, didn't like the swamp-ox. So far the only warlord models I am using/going-to-use are Khong-To, T'Kay, and the warriors. I'll see about the rest when they come out.

Repyus say GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

it would be neat to see a pole of who uses the warlord models and who has proxy armies. Could one of you mods make a thread like that?

I have a small army (about 1000 pts?) of Warlord Reptus minis. I even modified an extra Khong-To and T'Kay to make the Capt. & Sgt. Now I just need time from all my other projects to get them painted...... And after that I need to build me a Reptus spawning pool.

Castlebuilder

Army of the West is levied!!!

kau-THOUK!!

yes, i am now a Reptus player, as sooon as september rolls around. it was bound to happen, gotta go with Chinese-African Lizard-dragonites.

i hate Uru's model too. not tourney legal, but i am so gettign a biggah lizard for the Uru.

my overlord army is actually old malvernis. yet, i actualy have Lola and Golem. BFD, i am gonna go take heads with the lizzahdz soon.

Reptus are my first love, largest army and most played.

15 Warriors

9 Breakers

9 Archers

2 Krung Beasts

2 Trolls

1 Uru

1 Khong-To

2 T'kays

and anxiously awaiting any other Reptus release... Who wants some?

I love Uru's sculpt, the only troll with some intelligence. He can duel wield, wear armor, and even talk. He's the man. He has a crap-ton of small details on him also.

I'm not saying it's not a good sculpt, it is amazing and shows a very high level talent on the sculptors part. All that aside I still don't care for the poze(hope i spelled that right), or the spike, or the general style of the mini.

Which is why my Uru is a conversion i did for Exalted when it came out, a lunar exalted that is mammal-reptilian. makes an awesome Uru, even if it isn't a troll.

Dude, have you seen the new reptus hero green? Ra'Am is the Sheeet. checking his sides, chains-in-fists, running through the urban warscape, jumping from side to side....

05_08_01_14225.jpg

he kicks full plate armored scroticles!!!!

oh, my present, very new, unpainted lizzahds: :ph34r:

Khong To, T'kay w/ familiar

Proxy uru (conversion) proxy captain (naga abomination)

9 warriors

3 breakers

6 archers

i plan on addin' a blister of breakers, and 2 blisters longstrikers, and all the heroes they produce. bar nothing. no nagendra, i want scaly armored dudes...

can you post pics of your Uru and captain proxies. I'd be intereested in seeing your interpretation.

I just ordered DHL Hill Troll 02877 to try to do up as my Uru. I have the actual Uru too, but just dont like that whole deformed head to the side thing. 02877 isn't perfect either but definitely looks intimidating.

[[[ Hmm, I have Khong-To x 2, T'Kay x 3, 9 x archers, 9 x swords, and 18 x Breakers. I was also using them in a different game as reptilian chaos faction., but the new gaming engine Reaper is making is interesting, so having a faction I have a start with the Lizards. I converted my crusader figures into WH40K Inquisitors and their retinues.

oh, my present, very new, unpainted lizzahds: 

Khong To, T'kay w/ familiar

Proxy uru (conversion) proxy captain (naga abomination)

9 warriors

3 breakers

6 archers

i plan on addin' a blister of breakers, and 2 blisters longstrikers, and all the heroes they produce. bar nothing. no nagendra, i want scaly armored dudes...

I'm not really likeing the nagendra either.

As for the familiar I wouldn't use it. If you put a lesser magical empowerment on her she only needs a 2 or better to do some bandageing, and that is what she is most valuable doing.

These are my captains, they work well because they are taller than the other lizards. (yes i know, their pics have been up before)

lizardsgt26bs.th.jpg

lizardcaptain3fk.th.jpg

They both have gator skin capes on as well. It makes the proxying easy to interpret, all I have to say is "the captainsa re wearin capes seee..."

Do not have pics yet, as i loan out my bud Ugluk's digi-cam.

and i have a ton on my plate... i will get around to showing you the conversion. the Naga Abomination is a Clan War miniature, pretty much a skinny lizard-snake man in a set of romanesque armor with wierd lookign hakama and Mcleod's katana. if i ever find another one, i will take it, convert it, hold it , love it.

i'm keeping mine the way it is 'cause he's limited edition, with an official paint job.

Shasolenzabi, that isn't a faction, that is a horde!!! take into account we got 750 as standard tourney size and i say you have lotsa mini's.

Proxy out a Khong To and count up your points. you will see what i mean.

6 breaker blisters! did you steal 'em or are you rich!??

Moosey, i now. i played naga in L5R CCG, and i say, 'tis hard to do snakemen well. the new snake heroes didn't light my fire either...too blorpy.

cool capn's...

Have you guys seen the dark crystal?

the nagendra look like the good guys from that.

dark58pj.th.jpg

Ssathus is the one on the right

quote: Shasolenzabi, that isn't a faction, that is a horde!!! take into account we got 750 as standard tourney size and i say you have lotsa mini's.

Proxy out a Khong To and count up your points. you will see what i mean.

6 breaker blisters! did you steal 'em or are you rich!?? :Unquote

Well, like I said, I was using them as proxy Lizardbeastmen for my chaos army, Warhammer Fantasy Battles require large bricks of troopers.

Okay, I have 2 of Khong-To so no problem with that,.

I didn't buy ALL of them at once, but I have little other expenses. so 3 blisters at a time is usual for me.

I love Chaz's sculpt style for the Reptus, so very different from other lines!

So, Let's see, 18xBreakers, one T'Kay as standard bearer, anothe T'Kay as Musician, and a Khong-To as leader. Followed by 9xarchers with a T'Kay leading them. and finally, 9xswordlizards with a second Khong-To. quite the Horde eh?