Sign in to follow this  
drjsallison

Reptus Wardrums are calling....

Present!

Khong To, T'Kay, 1 blister of Breakers. I'll be getting the (1 blister of) archers and warriors soon. I also have some lizardmen kicking about. Hopefully between all that I can get a small game in..... only for now I'll be using ARES from Majestic Twelve Games, which if anything is even friendlier to small forces than Warlord.

I didn't want to clutter the sticky with Reptus players checking in, so we can check in here and just link this thread in sticky.

Traitorous scum. The Dark Lords of Thule have a special fate for turncoats who fall on the battlefield.

:poke:

I didn't want to clutter the sticky with Reptus players checking in, so we can check in here and just link this thread in sticky.

Traitorous scum. The Dark Lords of Thule have a special fate for turncoats who fall on the battlefield.

:poke:

Fret not, Sir Bruce. I began Warlord as a Reptus player and picked up Necropolis soon thereafter. I still play my necros more often then my lizards.

Besides, I have yet to fall on the battlefield ::D:

All hail Lord Abbot!

Right.. rollcall.

Here!

What? You need minis? Oh. Well, next paycheck should solve that problem...

As to whichi minis exactly, we have yet to see. I will say I fell in love with Reptus at first sight. Such purty beasties...

--Nate

Yes, very pretty. You need Ra'am. I need primer for Ra'am. ::(:

I think you are just a huge Chaz Elliott fan seeing as he sculpts half of the Reptus and Darkspawn. (your two fovorite factions?)

Yes they are my favorite factions. Sadly the factions that are going to be near last to get new models and book. :down:

I don't care for the overlord faction at all yet I have a pack of warriors. Thats how big a Chaz fan I am. Thats not a bad thing is it?

Yes they are my favorite factions. Sadly the factions that are going to be near last to get new models and book. :down:

I don't care for the overlord faction at all yet I have a pack of warriors. Thats how big a Chaz fan I am. Thats not a bad thing is it?

A bad thing? NO WAY!! You are my hero. Sculpter loyalty is what its all about. Chaz totally rock on my book :B):

Greetings all! This is my first post on the forums, and since warlord is the reason that i came here in the first place, then i figured the best thing to do was to sign in with my faction. Here's what my current army consists of so far:

Troop 1

Khong To

T'Kay

Warriors (x6)

Solos

Krung Beast

Uru

I also picked up Audt and Sssathuss, but i havent had a chance to get they're troops together yet.

Greetings all! This is my first post on the forums, and since warlord is the reason that i came here in the first place, then i figured the best thing to do was to sign in with my faction. Here's what my current army consists of so far:

Troop 1

Khong To

T'Kay

Warriors (x6)

Solos

Krung Beast

Uru

I also picked up Audt and Sssathuss, but i havent had a chance to get they're troops together yet.

You've got a small problem in that you cannot have more Solos than Leaders. So,with just one regular troop (led by Khong-To), you can field only 1 Solo.

In small games, Warlords are very, very expensive. Much as I like Khong-To, I'd suggest replacing him with Chai-Uut (you can always proxie your K-T miniature for him). For the 174 points you save you can field your Ssathuss and 3 Archers (or 5 Wariors). This creates the second group which lets you field both Solos.

Alternatively, replace the Krung Beast with a River Troll. This gives you just enough points to field Ssathuss (or Audt) and 3 Warriors.

Here!

These are the models I have to work with currently. I am still working on the mix depending on who I am fighting.

Khong-To (x2)

T'Kay

Audt

Ssathus

Ssudai

Archers (x6)

Warriors (x12) 1 converted to standard bearer

Breakers (x3)

Longstrikers (x3)

River Trolls (x2)

Nearly bought Ra'am but the blister didn't have a head in it so I am waiting for that one to come in as well as Nai-Khannon. How is the swamp ox working for others? Its stats look good but haven't gotten to buy or field it yet.

Here!

Nearly bought Ra'am but the blister didn't have a head in it so I am waiting for that one to come in as well as Nai-Khannon. How is the swamp ox working for others? Its stats look good but haven't gotten to buy or field it yet.

Heehee...

yeah, the dwarves have started a new tactic of beheading their opponents before they even reach the stores :devil:

Here!

These are the models I have to work with currently. I am still working on the mix depending on who I am fighting.

Khong-To (x2)

T'Kay

Audt

Ssathus

Ssudai

Archers (x6)

Warriors (x12) 1 converted to standard bearer

Breakers (x3)

Longstrikers (x3)

River Trolls (x2)

Looks like a very viable selection to form a variety of Fighting Companies out of. Of course, 2 Khong-To is a bit superfluous, but you can always paint one strikingly different and use as a proxie for someone else (Chai-Uut springs to mind).

If I were to add anything, it would most likely be Uru and Ra'am - both are excellent value for their point cost. Nai Khannon is of course intimidating to your opponents and a rock in combat, but also quite expensive in battles under, say, 1500 points or so. The same more or less goes for the Krung Beast. But then again, I am known to favour a high percentage of my points in grunts, so field that cow if you get one, and tell us how it does :).