Death by Caffeine

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The behavioral components and associations with smoking were harder to beat for me than the physical craving.

That's usually the case. The physical addiction to nicotine is gone after something like a few days to a week (don't remember exactly). It the habitual actions and triggers that usually cause most people to go back to smoking.

I used to drink 20 oz mugs of espresso in college.

It still takes 4-6 shots for me to really feel it now.

I never liked the demitasse cups for espresso. Give me a full mug of the stuff, not those little coffee shooter cups.

I had a hard time drinking coffee right after I quit smoking because of the behavioral link between coffee and cigarettes for me. They were like peanut butter and jelly in my mind. I held my mug for a long time with only my thumb, ring and pinkie even though I did not have my cigarette between my index and middle finger.

The behavioral components and associations with smoking were harder to beat for me than the physical craving.

Coffee is also a common additive to cigs

so far I'm at 20 cups of the 150 or so needed to kill me.

Hm, 300 cans of Diet Dr. Pepper. I think that's a week supply for me...

Though actually I drink Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, if for nothing else than the sheer glee of saying, "But Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper tastes more like Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper than regular Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper."

Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper

--Post edited for Dragon Snack ::D: