Question about dragon sizes

Krztoff

I've never seen a Reaper dragon in person, and I'm wondering how big some of the various types are, both actual size and their 'D&D' size (small, med., large, huge, etc.)

Here's the models and types of model I want to know the size of:

2854: Baby Dragons

The dragons in the DHL line, such as 2864: Shadow Dragon

2929: Small Dragon (seems about the same as the others, but the name makes me wonder if its actually smaller than the other DHL dragons)

The large box set dragons like 10022: Ebonwrath

Thank you very much for any help!

-Chris

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a DHL dragon and his four feet all just barely touch the corners of a 2x2 base. Don't play D&D so i dunno about his size there. The DHL dragons all seem to be able to squeeze into a normal blister once you break them into 5 or 6 pieces.

Breaking it down into D&D sizes, if it comes in a blister (ie, DHL), it's large to huge. If it's one of the smaller box set dragons (like Ebonwrath, Cinder, Deathsleet) they're huge to gargantuan. If it's one of the big, expensive dragons, it's gargantuan to colossal.

The baby dragons and eggs would be small.

Actually, the Baby Dragons are probably medium to large (I've got a pair of them sitting on my paint table right now). The Dragon Egg dragons are small to medium.

Nachlufte (2069) is probably Large.

All the other blister dragons I would call huge.

The only Big Box Dragon I have (currently) is Marthrangul, and he's easily colossaly to gargantuan.

I don't have any of the small box dragons, but the Last Time I was at the FLGS cinder was sitting there calling to me...

The Small Box dragons come in around Gargantuan. The Large Dragons are easily all Collossal. If you want a small dragon, 2 of our familiar packs have dragons that would qualify as D&D small or medium - (2399 and the Not Yet Released 2969).

Most of our Blistered Dragons would be Huge-Gargantuan. the Baby Dragons would probably be Large. Certainly the Dragon Hatchlings take up a typical 5' (1") square.

If you have skills at removing bits from other models, tiny-small dragons can be filed/clipped off of models 2050, 2552, 2591, and maybe 2700 (If you are really skilled).

Ok...NO miniature models fit into the proper scale for how big D&D dragons should be.

(i got the old council of wyrms poster of dragon sizes....a 6 ft tall person is smaller than a great wyrm silver's claw...not entire foot..i mean JUST the claw itself)...

of the reaper dragons, Marthrangul, Gauth, and Kaladrax are the largest. The others are more like mini boxed sets and aren't as big. (they are bigger than the crappy GW dragons though, not including the awesome forgeworld ones of course).

Sanjay

personnally i like the size of the reaper dragons.

I haven't played D&D in ages, but when I look at that giant red moster I'm at a loss for how you could possibly use him in any sort of game situation. No reasonable hero could possibly take that thing on. Nothing short of an all powerful god snapping its fingers and disappearing it would work. Now the big reaper boys would be almost impossible to kill, but I could see a level 20 fighter maybe being able to take one on.

In my perfect fantasy world dragons are about the size of that green giant. Maybe old granddaddy-big-boy-dragon-pants would be as large as the purple thing.

O well, I can't help whats been done to the D&D world.