My dog ate the internet

Sergeant_Crunch

(Caution, random lengthy venting follows)

So I come home from a baby shower/BBQ (don't ask, it was they only way they could get our mostly male office to go) to find out that one of my (wife's) dogs not only chewed through the coax cable connected to the cable modem/telephone thingy, but ripped it from the wall where it goes into the house from outside (we put him out when we go anywhere so he doesn't destroy the house, he's a BIG puppy with more energy than my 3 boyz). Really, I love dogs, they're great, but this one is gonna drive me crazy if he doesn't chill out soon.

So, not only could I not connect to see what was up on my favorite board, but I couldn't call animal control to do something about the dog (wife wouldn't let me use the cell phone). This was all on a day that included me ripping a pair of my service uniform pants, having a student fail a test, spending a total of about 30 minutes trying to open a safe then having someone walk up and open it on the first try, spilling coffee on the second pair of service uniform pants, having to do the paperwork associated with a student failing a test, coming home to find out that my wife didn't have time to go to the store and having some nasty microwave chicken thing for lunch, falling up the stairs (don't ask), and then having to stand in a formation and get talked at for something that I wasn't even responsible for. :down: Yeah, one of "those" days. My wife says it was my fault for singing to myself while getting ready for work at 7:00am. I blame the evil gnomes that live in the empty lot across the street. :ph34r:

On the up side, one of the guys I work with brews his own beer and was actively spoiling us with some of his fine product at the BBQ. Oh well, could be worse I guess, just had to vent. I feel better now. Thanks. Seriously, yall are the best.

To top it off, I called my wife this afternoon after the cableguy fixed it and asked her if they came out to fix the cable (reminder, I use an internet telephone). What I got in response was, "here's your sign" :lol:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can relate with the dog thing. My beloved puppy dog Logan, half Schnauzer, half Golden Retriever (don't ask), took about a year and a half before he got to the point where he wouldn't destroy everything in the back yard that wasn't made of cast iron. And I think he sharpened his teeth on that.

And sorry about the rough day.

Actually, the rough day was Friday, this was the first I could get on to rant about it. Today was actually better. Didn't spill anything, didn't need to get into the safe, retested the student and she passed, I'm not in Korea (yet). Not being shot at always improves the base level of the day fo' sure.

And I must have really been pissed about it. The really bad day was Friday, with the dog chewing the cable happening on Saturday. I forgot that I managed to paint that 'Tator on Saturday morning.

There is a product you can apply to cords that tastes nasty. Most pets hate it. One taste and they will drop that cord like wildfire. I cannot remember it's name, I'll ask a friend who told me about it.

Another thing, Dogs act up because they want attention (They're just like kids). Usually giving the beast more attention will solve some of the problems, though not all.

I had great success with a Bitter Apple Spray when my dog was a puppy and had to live in the house. (She grew up and has command of the back yard now.)

You should be able to get it at any pet supply store. You just spray it on whatever you don't want chewed and when PuppyDog gets one little taste he stops chewing real fast. My Doggie barked at the stuff she tried to chew on after it was sprayed. :lol:

It is completly safe for animals- I think the stuff I got even claims to be organic. I accidently got a little into my mouth and can assure you that it tastes really bad.

Yeah, Booger (the dog in question) is nowhere near starved of attention. I think he just gets bored when we're not around and doesn't know what to do, so he chews, and chews, and chews. He's even got another dog to play with, who likes to escape and visit the other dogs in the neighborhood, although this behaviour has been decreasing lately. My wife is at the pet store now to get some of that spray stuff. Hopefully it helps, thanks for the tip. I was just gonna smear tabasco all over it. (no, not tabascojunkie, just plain tabasco sauce. geez what are you people thinking? ::):)

Two words: Crate Training.

Done right, and the dog will trot happily off to their crate when told, and you don't have to worry about what they're up to when you're not home.

(unless, of course, you do something silly like forgetting to *latch* the crate, or a sock within paw-range of the crate starts calling to the dog... ::P: )