Discipline Checks for B2B

dewen

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, if I remember correctly (and I could be wrong!), I believe you don't actually move into base-to-base contact with a stunned model. You just "move alongside" and then do the coup-de-grace. I'm pretty sure that the rule is somewhere near the coup-de-grace section, but since I'm at work I don't have the book in front of me. I can look when I get home in a couple of hours.

Wild Bill :blues:

Since you can only perform a CdG with [Edit] LOOT ACTION [\Edit] a melee combat action (unless you're a stinkin dwarf or casting Firestorm) it only makes sense that you have to be in base to base with the model. Remember, models with Tough are not down, nor are they dead, they are stunned. We just put the model on its side as a convention to differentiate which model is stunned and which is up and fighting still.

We've been playing it as such here, which also includes being able to apply charge bonuses to get into b2b with the model to perform a CdG.

* Content editted for stupidity

Edited by Qwyksilver

Since you can only perform a CdG with a melee combat action . . .

Coup de Grace is a Loot Action, which is considered Non-Combat.

If a model sees a stunned opponent with SA Horrid, Empowered, Holy, or Vile and chooses to move and then CdG, does it require a Dis check to make the movement to be in B2B?

Uh....yeah. Where the hell was my mind on that one. I know it's a non-combat action. Don't know why I would think it's a melee attack action. I think I was just stuck on the needing to be in b2b to perform it and running with it. Running clearly in the wrong direction. :blush:

Is a normal model subject to a Dis check to move in to B2B with another Horrid, Empowered, Holy, or Vile model that is stunned? This would be in order to finish them off with coup de grace.

Official: Yes. If they did not begin the action phase in base to base, they must make a DIS check to initiate, even if the model is stunned.

One of the August questions sent in for review was regarding Tough, but included the question listed above:

"Do stunned models have any active effect on the battle?"

I phrased it that way, and threw in some for instances, so it covers things like the above, triggering Breaker movement, maintaining cohesion, etc. We should have an answer soon.