vampiric feeding

I just got the Necro army book and I noticed something about vampiric feeding: the only restriction is against doing so on Undead models. What about things like the Onyx Golem, the Treeman, or the Avatar of Sokar? It seems to me that these things would be nearly impossible to feed on for a number or reasons, the foremost being that they (with the possible exception of the Treeman) don't bleed. Any input?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there is no "Construct" SA (nor do I believe there should be) restricting it to models without Undead was the simplest, most elegant answer. Doing otherwise would have required us to a)list all models ineligible for VF or b)make a complex rule about models that 'had blood, were not trees, stone, etc.' that would have people arguing over whether Ashkrypt animated Onyx Golems with Blood + spells (Blood golems of hextor, anyone?) so they could or could not use the SA, etc.

We went with the simple answer, and I would have to say that if you want fluff, then consider that Treeman's sap is bloodlike, golems have blood in them, and the Avatar of Sekhmet, once animated by Sokar's magic, became flesh like Some D&D stone to flesh spell.

I think Dwarves should be immune too. They are too small and hairy and smelly and hairy and drunk and hairy to be of any use to a Vampire. If he does suck the blood of a Dwarf, he should immediately make a drunk check to see if he falls into a drunken stupor! :lol::lol::lol:

Wild Bill :blues: