Sign in to follow this  
Akela

Next Beta push update

I'll dump my vote in for Camp 1. Loss of defensive fire for some models adds a bit of realism to the game. I know, who wants realism in a game with giant-tanks-with-legs? I want a bit of it. And like a lot of others I think it allows for more flavor among different units.

The fact that some models with 2 MAs can fire 4 missile atacks per turn, because launching them is a non-combat action, makes it worth it. And what the to hit roll is based off of makes the odds better when attacking wounded units plus their dramatically increased range. And I hope I'm not saying something I shouldn't, but MAs also have SAs like Shredder and Hunter.

So after me and Pat's game last night I think that from the missile standpoint the increase in offensive options balances out the loss of defensive fire that some models will have. We also played other changes from the 1.5 rules that streamlined it alot. Less of the "I forgot to add that in" happening.

I hope I'm not throwing my 2 cents out there too late, but I support camp 1. Missiles without defensive fire is something that can be lived with.

Besides, it takes an amount of time for a missile to obtain a lock in order for it to fire. Defensive fire is supposed to be a "snap" reaction, right?

I hope I'm not throwing my 2 cents out there too late, but I support camp 1. Missiles without defensive fire is something that can be lived with.

Besides, it takes an amount of time for a missile to obtain a lock in order for it to fire. Defensive fire is supposed to be a "snap" reaction, right?

So then defensively fired missiles don't reduce cover by 1.

So then defensively fired missiles don't reduce cover by 1.

I'm not sure about yer missles but mine are educated, dey're s'art

Missiles removing first point of cover is based on a semi ballistic trajectory no smarts. This was actually being added to salvo before salvo went away.

Mad Pat

Missiles removing first point of cover is based on a semi ballistic trajectory no smarts.  This was actually being added to salvo before salvo went away.

Mad Pat

[zoidberg]

Not so much with the forums for you. More with the rules-making for Monday...

[/zoidberg]

::P:

Right, get yer butt back to the PDF mine and get us Beta rules!

My CAVs are getting dusty and lonely!

Pretty please :devil:

Jamie

These aren't rockets that have to be aimed, they're Fire and Forget. Thus why they're a Non-Combat Action to initiate.

If I recall correctly...missiles generally need a lock, or at least a laser pointer, to be fired...thus a short delay between target sight and fire, but also explains the cover reduction issue. Rockets, on the other hand, are direct fire weapons only that can't be shifted.

Maybe I'm simplifying it a bit much. Who knows.

no, you hit the dog in the butt with that... rockets go straight and can be dodge.....missile tend to to require maverick skills and chafe/chaf/(sp?)

no, you hit the dog in the butt with that... rockets go straight and can be dodge.....missile tend to to require maverick skills and chafe/chaf/(sp?)

chaff :blues: