4th mini ever

GEsBigSis

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For your fourth mini that is not bad at all. You are doing well on the eyes and other areas. Your basecoats are done well. I would work on your shading and highlighting more. It takes time to get techniques for those to work right so don't be to hard on yourself.

I would also do something with that base as plain black does not help accentuate a good paint job. Try something basic like laying down a layer of glue and sprinkling it with sand and a couple pebbles.

Heh, I like her fingernails. I agree with the call for more highlights. Something else to try, maybe get some waxpaper or something to that effect and cover your lightsource for teh photo with it. Then aim the light more or less straight at her so any highlighting -will- stand out a bit better. I would like to comment thought that I bow to the smoothness of your fleshtones, no matter what I do mine always come out grainy in some form or fashion. Keep up the good work

I would like to comment thought that I bow to the smoothness of your fleshtones, no matter what I do mine always come out grainy in some form or fashion. Keep up the good work

I do my flesh while it is all wet. Plus, John showed me how to properly thin my paints when he was teaching me. Oh...and people tell me I'm "crazy" but I rarely use any brush size bigger than my 000 W&N series 7. I have started to use an 0 more but it's still hard for me to feel like I have any control with a bigger brush