4th mini ever

GEsBigSis

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all, good work for your 4th mini. The other posters have touched on the additional shading and highlighting--seems like you can never overhighlight ^_^ .

I think you have great job on the skintone of the face. Very smooth.

Most of my critiques are due to the fairly close nature of the pictures. The camera is unforgiving in pointing out subtle things. Not to say that you shouldn't photograph close-ups, but it does bring out every little detail. At arms length, I am sure these things are minor as your eye naturally blends areas together, but... you could tidy things up a bit on the forehead skin just under the headband, around the eyes, an along the skin of the right forearm just under the wrist guard. In addition to taking your highlights up, smoothing the transitions a bit would help, particularly on the hair, IMHO.

Hope this helps,

Jabber

That is very very good for 4th mini ever. The eyes are brilliant, I especially like that micro-thin line of black that accentuates the eyes. Skin done wet-blended? Wow. I was prolly still drybrushing on my fortieth mini. ::P: And the result looks very smooth.

Shading and highlighting and basework people have touched on, so I'll just pass over it too.

The lighting of the photo/mini is getting better, but the duo tone background (I feel) seems to be detracting from the mini. Perhaps put up a piece of neutral color paper or cloth as background? Think there was a photo tutorial going around with suggested colors - neutral blues, greys, are some I can think of offhand.

Having seen this mini in person.. she is one of the better painters I have seen ever for a beginner. The mini itself the pics do not do it justice. the highlights are really well done for the most part.. and when you see those eyes up close IRL. man you want to just cry.. as she is one of the best naturals I have seen for eyes! :) Golden Eagle you must have taught her well :)

I really like the face on her. For a fourth, especially, that's a nice job. Other people have pointed out a lot of small details which you've done a great job of bringing out.

It looks like you have brush control and paint texture down very well, and I can only wish my fourth mini had looked half as good.

That is nice.