Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

Deathsleet

O.K. I am close to finishing her up. She is white with light bue shading, looks good. But I am in a quandery as to what to do about her claws. Shoudl I do them white? Or go with a light gray? Or black? Suggestions?

Lady Tam

I'm a stickler for painting my figs as portrayed in the D&D Monstrous Manual.  Helps my players identify what exactly a monster is as per its description in the MM.   So, I would have to say light grey

Don't feel bad, I tend to do the same thing, except for my frost giants. I like to have them blue! Too many Elmore paintings I guess!

lady Tam

How about an icy blue?

I'm assembling Deathsleet right now. I have one more wing to go, but need to do some work with the putty that I used to fill the gaps with (I'm a stickler for that). Today I'm going to try and pick up something to base her on.

I am going to try two different ways today. See which I like best. I am making my own base, might try and add some more to it. Need to figure out how I am going to do the nest. Still haven't done the eggs, though I am leaning towards a pale blue, that way the white hatchling can be seen better that is coming out of one of the eggs.

Lady Tam

I'm going to use quartz crystals for my base. Still not quite sure how I'm going to work it, though.

My cockatiels lay eggs that would be a perfect size for Deathsleet... the only problem would be keeping them from rotting. I'm thinking next time they lay some (both are female, so they aren't fertilized) I might use the shells in some way.

You could sculpt some eggs, if you were of a mind. Or check the hobby section where they have all those silly birds you add to flower arrangements/ decorative indoor birdhouses etc. Should be some nice plastic one there the right size for a good price. I had thought abou buying that pre-made 'terra-form" stuff at the LGS yesterday, but decided didn't want to sepnd that much money. Will try and make something on my own.

I added some some metalflakes from a company called Black Gold to my clear & sprayed them on her through my airbrush. Kinda adds that glesning in the snow look to her + I'm gonna add some snow to the rocky base I made for her as well. Kinda stalled on her now, just cause I'm not in the mood to paint now

Randy M